Melbourne Football

TTDIM: Things that don't irk me

bazzatron

sorta, working on aldi supermarkets in SA.

They have 40 coming up within next 12 months.

TTDIM: the sheer excitement and jubilation on the average south Australian's face when you mention they are getting an aldi in their suburb. 

Seriously the ALDI in Northcote has a higher percentage of Greek PPL in it that at a Samaras Appreciation Society Meeting.

Edited by cadete

Seriously the ALDI in Northcote has a higher percentage of Greek PPL in it that at a Samaras Appreciation Society Meeting.

Wog pensioners live for ALDI.

I swear the only thing that keeps the shit shopping centre in Keilor Downs open (pretty sure it did go into administration at one point) is the ALDI store and the  cafe right in front of the ALDI store that has a constant fixture of 30 wog pensioners sitting there all day every day.

• Like 2

I swear the only thing that keeps the shit shopping centre in Keilor Downs open (pretty sure it did go into administration at one point) is the ALDI store and the  cafe right in front of the ALDI store that has a constant fixture of 30 wog pensioners sitting there all day every day.

Can 100% confirm this.

The subway gets pretty busy down there too but don't know if you've ever gotten a pizza from the pizzafellas joint down there..... its an experience roff

LOL - I love how Wog Pensioners just adapt to Modern Day Surroundings, like sitting in a Modern Shopping Centre instead of a Town Square and then to point of how to this day that despite them Hipstering the fuck at out Barkley Square these days with a JB, Schnitz and Rolled but you still get the same seven random Old Calabrian Blokes sitting on a bench talking shit.

Its like they still think its the Real Barkley Place back in1989 with six delis surrounding a Franklins and a random sport store that only sold Essendon and Carlton Jumpers. (No shit my Mum had to order in my Cats one - It was an excruciating two week wait).  

TTDIM: Shaving like my grandfather did.

Why would you shave with those horrible plastic disposable razors or razor burn inducing and often painful electric shavers when you can shave with a safety razor or even a straight razor? They provide such a better shave and is a significantly cheaper method long term. Plus you feel like a bad ass knowing you're shaving the same way people like JFK and Roosevelt did. 

• Like 1

TTDIM; the Australian national anthem. Watching the videos of the French anthem in their game against England the lyrics are all about war etc. and everyone knows how fucking awful the English anthem is. I'm just greatful our anthem is a celebration of Australia we can be proud of.

Edited by thisphantomfortress
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

TTDIM; the Australian national anthem. Watching the videos of the French anthem in their game against England the lyrics are all about war etc. and everyone knows how fucking awful the English anthem is. I'm just greatful our anthem is a celebration of Australia we can be proud of.

god save the queen kents

6 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Doesn't hold a candle to the GOAT national anthem; il canto degli italiani.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

The French are very proud of being French, and their anthem is born out of the French Revolution and the formation of the modern French nation. Hence the nature of it.

Apparently not everyone likes our anthem...
"In November 2015, a Hizb ut-Tahrir (Australia) spokesman said Muslim children should not be forced to sing the Australian national anthem as the, "anthem reflects a particular disputed view of history and celebrates particular ideological values. Why should they be forced to sing it?"" (Wikipedia)

11 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Have to disagree with this. The Australian national anthem has to be one of the least inspiring anthems on earth.

How often do you actually see one of our national teams players belting it out with any feeling? Most just stand there mumbling away as if they either don't know the words or are to embarrassed to be seen singing in public, and the rest just don't bother at all!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Apparently not everyone likes our anthem...
"In November 2015, a Hizb ut-Tahrir (Australia) spokesman said Muslim children should not be forced to sing the Australian national anthem as the, "anthem reflects a particular disputed view of history and celebrates particular ideological values. Why should they be forced to sing it?"" (Wikipedia)

They're not. For one they are free to return to that country their parents took them from, with the better song and enjoy the fantastic way of life they left there.

I've known heaps of migrants, as we all have/do.  Heaps of friends, good people etc, from all over the world.  Those who are making their best fist of life in this country (which is not perfect) are those who know its a step into a new life, that's different, with its own strengths and weakness.  Those that want to just change this place so its like the old one would have been a lot happier if they'd just stayed put in the first place.   

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Then fuck off

• Like 1

8 hours ago, n i k o said:

The unfortunate thing about IS continued efforts to attack the west is eventually there's a good chance of the western world despising and rejecting all Muslims for the sake of their own security. And then WW3 will begin. 

That's pretty much their goal.

And the more people attack and hate the Muslem population around the world, the more disenfranchised and isolated they will feel, causing more of them to turn to ISIS thinking they are the better option!

And so going back to what Waleed Aly; Yes, he may not have said anything overly groundbreaking, but judging by the reactions and comments of the vast majority of Australian's, it still needed to be said.

And it needs to continuously be said. Because instead of listening to an actual Muslem talk (like so many people have been calling for them to do) we'll just continue listening to people like Alan Jones, Pauline Hanson and Andrew Bolt spewing out hate filled rants out something they're not qualified to speak about! And we'll continue to be angry and scared of people that have no connections to the atrocities happening in the Middle East and now also in Paris.

Rabble.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, n i k o said:

The unfortunate thing about IS continued efforts to attack the west is eventually there's a good chance of the western world despising and rejecting all Muslims for the sake of their own security. And then WW3 will begin. 

I'm still not sure how a WW3 would go when you have the US and potentially Russia teaming up to fight these blokes.. would be over in a good 30 seconds I reckon.