Melbourne Football

TTDIM: Things that don't irk me

bazzatron

Why?

Because he's an arrogant cunt who deserves it.

Players get booed all the time for no reason, Chris Judd, Jobe Watson (contentious one i know) but yet did they come out and complain about it? Did there Mums come out and complain about it?

The boo's anyway before Goodes publically came out against it weren't that loud anyway, just a few yobbo's being dickheads, he should've done what other people have done previously in the same situation and rise above it but he can't. In fact he even went out of his way to rile up the crowd by doing his "Aboriginal war dance" thing just proving how much of a wanker he is. Should we not expect more out of the Australian of the year? You could understand Jake king or fev retaliating but shouldn't someone who has won such a prestigious award be able to show us he is better then a few dickheads in the crowd? Clearly not

If Adam Goodes can't put up with a few boo's then maybe its time for him to retire? I've had a lot worse abuse hurled at me playing sport (as you people have too) and honestly it just taught me to have some thicker skin. He just needs to stop being such a pussy and help his team out cause atm Sydney aren't going to great. Oh and anyone saying this is a race issue is a fucking moron. Most people are laughing at Goodes when their booing at him, laughing at how this Australian of the year/moron can be put off by a few boo's.

So i'll be down at SS next week with the gents courtesy of some free tickets haven a laugh and boo so maybe we can get his dog or someone else to come out publically in the newspaper to start calling more people racists.

Seriously why waste your time booing at a AFL game when you can down to The Borough and actually hurl insults at the Umpires and Opposition players that they can hear word for word...

Far more enjoyable IMO esp when they reply back as you got to respect the blokes prepared to have a bit of banter with the crowd.

Will their players get their Mums after the game though to come out in the newspaper after the game though and slam me though? It's too much of a risk mate :(

Because he's an arrogant cunt who deserves it.

Players get booed all the time for no reason, Chris Judd, Jobe Watson (contentious one i know) but yet did they come out and complain about it? Did there Mums come out and complain about it?

The boo's anyway before Goodes publically came out against it weren't that loud anyway, just a few yobbo's being dickheads, he should've done what other people have done previously in the same situation and rise above it but he can't. In fact he even went out of his way to rile up the crowd by doing his "Aboriginal war dance" thing just proving how much of a wanker he is. Should we not expect more out of the Australian of the year? You could understand Jake king or fev retaliating but shouldn't someone who has won such a prestigious award be able to show us he is better then a few dickheads in the crowd? Clearly not

If Adam Goodes can't put up with a few boo's then maybe its time for him to retire? I've had a lot worse abuse hurled at me playing sport (as you people have too) and honestly it just taught me to have some thicker skin. He just needs to stop being such a pussy and help his team out cause atm Sydney aren't going to great. Oh and anyone saying this is a race issue is a fucking moron. Most people are laughing at Goodes when their booing at him, laughing at how this Australian of the year/moron can be put off by a few boo's.

So i'll be down at SS next week with the gents courtesy of some free tickets haven a laugh and boo so maybe we can get his dog or someone else to come out publically in the newspaper to start calling more people racists.

Will their players get their Mums after the game though to come out in the newspaper after the game though and slam me though? It's too much of a risk mate :(

:droy:

Just you.

Ah well. Just have to agree to Disagree

@ King of Hearts - If Hackett's back in town by then I will give him a ride and a spare membership for the game (Mind u I think he has entry as a Swans Member) and you can meet us where we stand if you want...

Yeah sounds good, Hackett can tell me to go fuck myself in person instead of on here..... I think i'll be alright, he is more then welcome to join in the booing though :up:

UOTIH: This has nothing to do with race. 

Looks like the whole worlds gone crazy

mate from personal experience sometimes you just have to accept that people chose to deliberately label things a certain way and as you can't educate the whole world it's easier to say Ok, you think that term's racist, it makes no sense and where I come from it's not, but you mob can't see past that, so I'll have to go along (this is my personal experience moving from NW australia back to the east coast). It's the same in this case I'm afraid. 

It may make no sense to you but so many people are convinced about it that it has become self fulfilling.

• Like 1

UOTIH: This has nothing to do with race. 

Looks like the whole worlds gone crazy

can't tell if trolling or ignorance is through the roof. I'll go with ignorance they boo Goodes because he's taking the problem out of Cairns and Alice Springs and actually putting it in the suburban living rooms.

In the minds of many minorities aren't meant to rock the boat, they are meant to smile and be so happy that AFL took them away from Tiwi island and they get to live with the civilised folk.

Well Goodes is saying fuck that he's gunna be different and make a stand. He's using his position to advocate for his people who are without a doubt the most under privileged in this entire country. But Sharon and Neville sitting in their house in Mount Waverley don't like the truth being bought home. So people boo him and they make excuses that it's anything but race. Many people boo for other reasons too, some get caught in the fanfare and some genuinely boo like they do players like Watson, Judd and in days gone by Milne. 

To say this has nothing to do with race is burying your head in the sand and pretending that these very real issues don't exist. So we can continue to boo and pretend that the bigger issues aren't there. But if this leads Goodes to retire then we become and international laughing stock and I for one will be deeply ashamed of us as a nation. 

• Like 2

can't tell if trolling or ignorance is through the roof. I'll go with ignorance they boo Goodes because he's taking the problem out of Cairns and Alice Springs and actually putting it in the suburban living rooms.

In the minds of many minorities aren't meant to rock the boat, they are meant to smile and be so happy that AFL took them away from Tiwi island and they get to live with the civilised folk.

Well Goodes is saying fuck that he's gunna be different and make a stand. He's using his position to advocate for his people who are without a doubt the most under privileged in this entire country. But Sharon and Neville sitting in their house in Mount Waverley don't like the truth being bought home. So people boo him and they make excuses that it's anything but race. Many people boo for other reasons too, some get caught in the fanfare and some genuinely boo like they do players like Watson, Judd and in days gone by Milne. 

To say this has nothing to do with race is burying your head in the sand and pretending that these very real issues don't exist. So we can continue to boo and pretend that the bigger issues aren't there. But if this leads Goodes to retire then we become and international laughing stock and I for one will be deeply ashamed of us as a nation. 

international laughing stock ? you think any outside of Australia gives a fuck ?

• Like 1

sounds like somebody needs a tissue 

Ah well. Just have to agree to Disagree

Yeah sounds good, Hackett can tell me to go fuck myself in person instead of on here..... I think i'll be alright, he is more then welcome to join in the booing though :up:

Where on here did I say that?

I don't have a problem with him bringing up any of those issues though? I understand obviously you're just going to have your racist cunts but to suggest everyone is booing him  because he is aboriginal is just ludicrous. 99% of people are booing him because he acts like an arrogant cunt who thinks he deserves his own special treatment. And now he is taking time away just because of a few boos? If he had just played through the boo's they would've gone away but instead he incites the crowd through his aboriginal war dance then claims we're all the racists for booing him? What about past aboriginal  players such as Nicky Winmar who were racially abused much more then Goodes ever will be but you didn't ever see him have a cry about it or taking time off the game from it. He continued to play through the adversity and look at the legacy he left and how he helped aboriginal people everywhere.

Maybe Goodes should retire if he just can't put up with a few boo's? Nobody has a problem  with Adam Goodes race, its the way he conducts himself is the issue here. I'm just going to have to plead ignorance but i'm sorry, as i said previously i just don't see this as a race issue at all. If i was a member of the media or writing a column for a newspaper though......

• Like 1

so true!

but seriously... Mr. Plow, Lisa's First Word, Whacking Day, Last Exit to Springfield, Marge vs the Monorail, Homer the Heretic etc. are all contenders for greatest TV episode of all time, and they're all in the same season.

• Like 1

so true!

but seriously... Mr. Plow, Lisa's First Word, Whacking Day, Last Exit to Springfield, Marge vs the Monorail, Homer the Heretic etc. are all contenders for greatest TV episode of all time, and they're all in the same season.

The best episode of The Simpsons is The Stonecutters with the B-Sharps a close second...

• Like 3

The best episode of The Simpsons is The Stonecutters with the B-Sharps a close second...

Agree with The Stonecutters, not so much the B-Sharps (possibly because of how many times I watched it).

I'd nominate Weekend at Burnsie's as one of the best. Was later on in season 13 i think, but it has so may great lines.

• Like 1