Melbourne Football

TTDIM: Things that don't irk me

bazzatron

Never thought I'd see the day. But I've stopped on soft drinks and drink sparkling water only. Teeth don't feel fucked and don't feel bloated.

TTDIM: sparkling water

Came back from Europe, and the habit of drinking sparkling water is with me for life now. Being european as it is, i have rediscovered my true calling and cant live without the stuff. Soft drinks i kicked the habit years ago, way too sweet.

New Surround Sound System...

Will have my sound system set up in my room this week. Can't wait.  

Will have my sound system set up in my room this week. Can't wait. Getting a Record Player next week to finish the deal... Also Can't Wait.

TTDIM: Christmas, cant wait.

• Like 1

TTDIM: The Hip Hop industry

Only industry where a guy constantly spelling 'can' as 'kan', 'with' as 'wit', 'what' as 'wut', 'getting' as 'getn', 'into' as 'n2', and 'to' or 'too' or 'two' as '2'; is a successful executive overseeing $xxx,xxx,xxx of turnover rather than a guy cleaning toilets for minimum wage.

https://twitter.com/dangerookipawaa

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

Will have my sound system set up in my room this week. Can't wait. Getting a Record Player next week to finish the deal... Also Can't Wait. Setting up my yamaha receiver in almost completed HT room ....WC bring it on!!!!!

Grill'd.

My Fiance loves it but every time I go I cant help but feel that its too overpriced.Better burgers at the local chip shop

Disagree. I usually get 1/2 price whenever I eat there so maybe that skews my opinion but the chips and dips at Grill'd are koota and the burgers are decent.

Grill'd.

My Fiance loves it but every time I go I cant help but feel that its too overpriced.Better burgers at the local chip shop Disagree. I usually get 1/2 price whenever I eat there so maybe that skews my opinion but the chips and dips at Grill'd are koota and the burgers are decent. I dunno everytime I've been the burger has been sloppier than a truck stop hooker. My pet hate is poorly presented food that's just chucked together.

I eat Grill'd once a week in Camberwell a store frequented by the owner of Grill'd(often seen sitting at a table working on his laptop). Having eaten at many others, the food at the Camberwell store is much better than anywhere else. The worst being a cold, dry lamb patty in Bendigo and the best being a perfect Mighty Melbourne in Camberwell. I think its safe to say that a chain store will vary from store to store, whereas your local chippy will probably make either a consistently good burger or a consistently bad burger, if its a good burger you rave about it as the best burger ever, if its a shit burger, then you probably get the flake or get your burgers elsewhere.

For me Grill'd is a consistently above average burger for an above average price*. Its harder to find an acceptable local chippy burger than it is a Grill'd.

*Compared to Macca's, HJ's, etc

I eat Grill'd once a week in Camberwell a store frequented by the owner of Grill'd(often seen sitting at a table working on his laptop). Having eaten at many others, the food at the Camberwell store is much better than anywhere else. The worst being a cold, dry lamb patty in Bendigo and the best being a perfect Mighty Melbourne in Camberwell. I think its safe to say that a chain store will vary from store to store, whereas your local chippy will probably make either a consistently good burger or a consistently bad burger, if its a good burger you rave about it as the best burger ever, if its a shit burger, then you probably get the flake or get your burgers elsewhere.

For me Grill'd is a consistently above average burger for an above average price*. Its harder to find an acceptable local chippy burger than it is a Grill'd.

*Compared to Macca's, HJ's, etc

Remember I'm from melton we literally have like 8+ fish and chip shops so there's plenty to choose from.

There's a decent milk bar that cooks up great burgers and that too, TOPCAT and me used to hit it up all the time, old Arab bloke puts weird spices in the patty, wouldn't divulge all the spices but told me one was cinnamon.

Edited by Boffins
  • Like 1

The staff also look like wankers from a old Big Brother series in their shitty bandanas...

I bet when you come in they think, "Who the fuck is this grumpy looking geography teacher staring at my cool as fuck bandana?".

:clap: 

Grill'd bread with Huxtaburger filling = quite a good burger if it ever happened. Huxtaburger's bread is a bit too...fancy.

The gozleme from the kebab store on the corner of Smith n Gertrude though...my god.

I like Huxtaberger.

Also, burgers at Lounge are very nice.

First of all, Grill'd's chicken burgers are all shit. I'd rather have Oporto.

However, their Morrocan Lamb burger is fucking delicious. Don't mind paying the price for the burger. Chips aren't really anything special, and they are expensive as they don't do combos.

While on the topic of good burgers, no one else rates Laurie Dee's in Epping? I know it's not in some cool hipster inner city location and so it's automatically removed from the 'best burger in melbourne' discussions, but it's quality and the chips with chilli on them are great as well.