Melbourne Football

City Football Group (CFG) [Owner of Melbourne City]

Torn Asunder

2 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Got a phone call from one of the youth team coaches today to get me down to the game on Friday and to get my thoughts on the club as a whole. Respectfully gave him my honest opinion of the coach, club, CFG, next season and our style of play. 

Was this just a courtesy call from marketing or a personal call from a mate? To get you down to the game - implying you were not going to go?

How did he recieve the thoughts - any agreeance or insight in response or tone?

Just now, JMSTEP123 said:

Was this just a courtesy call from marketing or a personal call from a mate? To get you down to the game - implying you were not going to go?

How did he recieve the thoughts - any agreeance or insight in response or tone?

He said he was one of the youth coaches. It wasn't a marketing call as such (offered extra tickets to get friends to the game), more so to encourage me to go to the game on Friday and for the finals series. Basically trying to rally people to come watch, but also shows they're feeling the pinch with supporter backlash so it has definitely gone noticed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 24/04/2019 at 9:31 PM, n i k o said:

He said he was one of the youth coaches. It wasn't a marketing call as such (offered extra tickets to get friends to the game), more so to encourage me to go to the game on Friday and for the finals series. Basically trying to rally people to come watch, but also shows they're feeling the pinch with supporter backlash so it has definitely gone noticed. 

Wow wonder how many other members they called 

As a former Foundation member i cancelled my season ticket in December along with my wife but my wife still gets notifications from the club just about every week trying to get her back to home games however i on the other hand have not received anything from them since December. I do wonder at times whether they still think that she is still a member, because i could assure them that she was even more fed up than myself with the style of play and the continual coaching cock ups .

58 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

I'd be happy to give them to somebody. 

I've been there and done that. Run around my street on a Friday or Saturday trying to find just one person to go, let alone two. But I found it was too late for anyone to change their plans.  Kids' sleepovers and birthday parties, something on at the school, babysitter already arranged - all that sort of thing. These days you have to give people plenty of notice for these things.

45 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

I don't think I can be arsed to go. I've been to every match this season bar one I couldn't attend because I was interstate, but I reckon the only thing that will make anyone notice is if I don't rock up. I've finally realised I really don't care anymore. 

I checked out a few matches back.

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Looks like Rowse has taken over from Munn.

https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/news/city-set-take-north-geelong-inaugural-josip-skoko-cup

"Melbourne City CEO, Brad Rowse said the Josip Skoko Cup would add another layer to the contest between the two clubs and was a great way to honour one of Australian football's best."

Change already. More silverware 

2 hours ago, citypool said:

I wonder how they will do membership next season it’s going to need a complete overhaul under the new chairman 

The thing is, even though that is so glaringly obvious that City need to change almost everything about how we approach attracting members, recruiting players, choosing coaching staff, club branding and marketing, I have grave concerns that the Club dont see it the same way. By every metric, this season has been a catastrophe, but I still dont get the impression that the club are prepared to acknowledge that.

My message for the new CEO would be, other than City In The Community, scrap it all and lets develop a new, unified, calculated approach to the way we make our decisions. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IssySG said:

The thing is, even though that is so glaringly obvious that City need to change almost everything about how we approach attracting members, recruiting players, choosing coaching staff, club branding and marketing, I have grave concerns that the Club dont see it the same way. By every metric, this season has been a catastrophe, but I still dont get the impression that the club are prepared to acknowledge that.

My message for the new CEO would be, other than City In The Community, scrap it all and lets develop a new, unified, calculated approach to the way we make our decisions. 

Surely getting club coaches to call members to get them to games is a sign of acknowledgement that the season has been a fail.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Wasn’t that just a one off? Youth Coach knew the fan....or did more people get calls?

Yes, lots of us got calls. From what I deduced, it was a planned strategy. Various staff were given lists of members to call. And yes, it's a tacit acknowledgement by the club that there is a problem, and that they are getting worried about attendance. 

57 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Yes, lots of us got calls. From what I deduced, it was a planned strategy. Various staff were given lists of members to call. And yes, it's a tacit acknowledgement by the club that there is a problem, and that they are getting worried about attendance. 

Then that is a good sign! 

Edited by Mr MO

14 hours ago, fensaddler said:

Got calls when?

2 hours ago, Tony999 said:

Got calls when?

In my case, on Wednesday last week. I got the distinct impression I was one of many, at least partially confirmed by others on here saying they had also had similar calls. I'm a current, full season active member who has been to all but one home match this season, so I assume I wasn't being called because I was viewed as lapsed - rather they wanted to secure the rusted ons like me. 

8 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

In my case, on Wednesday last week. I got the distinct impression I was one of many, at least partially confirmed by others on here saying they had also had similar calls. I'm a current, full season active member who has been to all but one home match this season, so I assume I wasn't being called because I was viewed as lapsed - rather they wanted to secure the rusted ons like me. 

Hmm... got no call and I am a foundation member.

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Looking at that crowd figure of 16,000+ last night for the Victory-Wellington match and how full the stands were raises strong doubts in my mind about the 4,950 number for our match against Central Coast.

Against roar figure I got told was it was only 2.8k that showed up

16 minutes ago, HughJass said:

Against roar figure I got told was it was only 2.8k that showed up

That's interesting.  Against Central Coast my "gut feel" was somewhere 2000-3000. Adding to my suspicions is that the attendance has't been announced at the actual match for most of this season, suggesting to me that the number is being fudged.

Edited by jw1739

39 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

That's interesting.  Against Central Coast my "gut feel" was somewhere 2000-3000. Adding to my suspicions is that the attendance has't been announced at the actual match for most of this season, suggesting to me that the number is being fudged.

So where do the numbers come from then? Proper propaganda from the CFG regime. “Our fans are happy and always turn up”

Edited by Mr MO

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Looking at that crowd figure of 16,000+ last night for the Victory-Wellington match and how full the stands were raises strong doubts in my mind about the 4,950 number for our match against Central Coast.

Pre game:

6D579BB3-C046-4AAD-9D08-CDC09F8FD722.thumb.jpeg.9978715f3516c90286fb0f3921d576e7.jpeg

Kick off:

856791CA-5E75-4C94-B717-24222BCF8C66.thumb.png.9d356858f806af35feaae063e47f3245.png

there is no way that there was 4,950 in attendance. Maybe not even half that.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Jacques Le Cube said:

Pre game:

6D579BB3-C046-4AAD-9D08-CDC09F8FD722.thumb.jpeg.9978715f3516c90286fb0f3921d576e7.jpeg

Kick off:

856791CA-5E75-4C94-B717-24222BCF8C66.thumb.png.9d356858f806af35feaae063e47f3245.png

there is no way that there was 4,950 in attendance. Maybe not even half that.

Pathetic if we are being lied to about these numbers. Niko can add attendance fraud to his list of today too!

Edited by Mr MO