Melbourne Football

The road to the WC Finals - now 2022

Tesla

LOLz, Kyrgystan scores from a blatant handball.

Listening to these dickhead commentators apparently because they had so many chances they deserve a goal coming form a blatant handball. :droy: they don't deserve any goal, their finishing was worse than anything Williams could ever dish up. Don't deserve shit.

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Mat Ryan moves to Valencia. This guy is a great case study on making the right move to Europe, moved to a better quality league but one where he still got games and a couple years later he moves to Valencia and will most likely be the #1 keeper for the first half of the season at least.

Side note, why does he talk like a wog?

• Like 1

Mat Ryan had made it clear he isn't going anywhere where he will be 2nd choice, so he must backs himself to cement the number 1 spot before Diego Alves gets back and keep him out. Hard to argue against him doing it as well.

Mat Ryan had made it clear he isn't going anywhere where he will be 2nd choice

I seem to remember Mark Schwarzer telling Daniel Garb the same thing a month or two before he signed for Chelsea. Talk is cheap.
Hope it's onwards and upwards for him though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm not getting carried away with the win at all and keep it well in context. I know the scores of the other games but tbh I'm not really interested in their matches because I don't know how hard those other teams pushed, their tactics etc. All I know is we played a team that had all eleven players behind the ball for the majority of the match and we were still able to break them down while having another two gears to go up to if we needed. That for me is positive and has absolutely no reflection on how we are compared to those other teams that won by bigger margins. 

I felt the biggest positive, besides the win itself, was how we were able to breakdown a team that had ten players sitting behind the ball. 

Agreed, and until this game we hadn't been able to do it in the past. I think a lot of people don't realise that it is quite an achievement. Granted, these Asian teams aren't as good at parking the bus as the smaller European nations, but it's still quite hard to break a team down that doesn't want to concede.

Finally got around to watch my recording of the match. A few random comments.

they sat back and were hard to break down but they never looked like scoring.

i reckon that first goal is officially an own goal- milligan's "strike" wasn't on target and the lucky rebound made the difference.

I thought luongo & Milligan were great.

Nathan Burns made a big difference when he came on and teamed up well with McGowan for the assist for the 2nd. Terrible defending in the 3rd.

all in all I don't care who you are playing, winning away in Asia is always tough, so it's a good result.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...