Melbourne Football

The road to the WC Finals - now 2022

Tesla

and horrendous officiating

That's what home advantage is. The crowd influences the referee to make decisions in their teams favour. 

Hamza Al Dardour is going to be something special, far out

He won't, because he will play his football in the ME always.

Edited by Tesla

Just watched the game.

the first half was even but we edged it. The 2nd half Jordan focused on defending their lead and we didn't create that much. A few things to note:

terrible defending for both goals, regardless of the foul on Davo.

our finishing was sub standard. Way too many shots straight to the keeper. We created enough chances to win that game.

having said all that we weren't that great & a few of our so called big names were very disappointing.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Pete Heartspur said:

This camera angle reminds me of watching old highbury games.........

Except there's more noise!

This camera angle reminds me of watching old highbury games.........

Except there's more noise!

that means the home team is certain to win then!

Edited by bumpyknuckles

Need to revert back to a 4-3-3. We only looked dangerous when Burns came on and started pulling out wide. Luongo is living on borrowed time, not sure I was watching the same game as Andy Harper who was jizzing all over himself everytime he made a 5 yard pass.

Pretty worried about the next phase unless the likes of Sainsbury, Jedinak, Franjic and Ryan are getting regular minutes at club level.

• Like 1

Jedinak just winked at the physios twice as they arrived to assist him, seemingly letting them know he's completely fine. 

Cheeky. 

22 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Timmy on the scoreboard.

I'll tell you what the ground is poorer than some I played on in over 45s this year

You get that though. I played on better in Ballarat div 1 than what most A-League grounds look like when the rugby starts up.

Edited by Jimmy

2 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Before I called it a night at 0-2 I saw him on the ball and Luongo break into space calling for it. So he dribbled in a circle till Luongo was marked......

This is the issue. Mooy-boy is undoubtably excellent value in the A-league but could be found out in much higher leagues where you have less time on the ball and so first time passes become crucial. He does tend to over elaborate and seemingly dither at times.

• Like 1