Melbourne Football

The road to the WC Finals - now 2022

Tesla

Socceroos to wear white socks tonight. Watch them destroy Thailand now.

On another note, my work colleague is not going so I have a spare ticket. It says "family" on it so can be for a child, concession or an adult. $15 sell. Just covering the ticket and the admin fee. Let me know if someone wants it.

5 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

I like the formation that Ange prefers but it only works with a potent attack. We have the weakness of this formation (defensively risky) without taking advantage of the strengths.

What I really can't get my head around is that he is playing Cahill deep and the box is so crowded that our players are falling over themselves. Why not leave Timmy on his own and have a row of players outside to receive the defensive rebound. The more players we have in the box the more defender will swarm in which is playing into their hand really.

They have to create more space. 

Have struggled to score all campaign outside of goalkeeping errors. Why would that change now?

Rogic hanging onto it too much, take Cahill off and bring someone sharper on, he's cooked at this level. 

Degenek and Wright: Dumb and Dumber. 

We will win but not sure if we will get more than a couple. Hope I'm wrong. 

Rogic is playing in a league that is the equivalent of League One in England and we wonder why he struggles for the national team. Should've played MacLaren alongside Juric and brought Rogic on when he could walk around a tired opposition. 

No surprise it was a nice cross from Mooy that lead to a goal instead of Rogic trying to dribble through a wall of defenders.

• Like 2

Just now, mus-28 said:

Ange has to resign after this, regardless of the Saudi-Japan result or if we can manage to hold on and win. This is abysmal.

I disagree if we qualify, Ange is a good tournament coach, not a good qualification coach. The opposite of Pim. We conceded 1 goal in qualification under Pim but never ever looked like we'd get anywhere in the WC. If we are in the 3rd place playoffs then that is really like a tournament so I'd still keep Ange

• Like 2