Melbourne Football

Harry Novillo (gone)

n i k o

In David's article today did say we will most likely sign him for another season. also said was cfg target for some time so more than likely was always going to be duffs replacement

If he dominates we could have our own Ben Khalfallah situation. Wonder if they do see him as a longer term signing. At 23, decent pedigree, he's a impressive signing for an injury replacement, in March that's for sure.

Looking forward to seeing Harry play, hopefully he can run at and take on some defenders, score some and set up a few for the big man in the middle. We haven't had much quality wing play this season.

not really sure how to take this signing.  i'd imagine he has a decent pedigree given that he came through Lyon.  and the fact he is still quite young i'm hoping he brings youthful exuberance with him (similar to Melling, Chapman and co) - if he does then i think he'll prove to be the spark we largely seem to miss going forward on the counter.  overall i think we have struggled to take significant advantage of counter attacking opportunities. at times we just dont look to get the ball forward quickly enough when our opponents are out of  position

only real issue for me is that the club has a history of bringing imports that just dont seem to work one way or another.  hence, i won't be getting too excited just yet.

fingers crossed tho.

Edited by mattyh001

He said it was his wife's dream to come so that would have to been a factor. Plus the CFG.

Great age. Hopefully he performs well and plays at our club for a decade :up:

If he can play, which I presume he can, I'll take rest of this season and next. 

Without jumping the gun BUT he could either be the next Broich (life and living over career) or Mifsud, (spud).

• Like 1

He may not turn out to be a great player, maybe he will, but he was the only player that was willing to run at the goals. As opposed to everyone else who has been hypnotised into JVS sideways passing wing play bullshit. It really was refreshing to see someone that actually wants to play a lot more direct.

• Like 2

Mooy over-rated now. The longer he plays under van 't Schip the more he hangs on to the ball too long. It seems to me most players come to us and go downhill fairly quickly.

He thinks because he killed it at the first half of the season he will keep holding the ball thinking he is Maradona. The last 3-4 games has been nothing less than ordinary from him.

Mooy over-rated now. The longer he plays under van 't Schip the more he hangs on to the ball too long. It seems to me most players come to us and go downhill fairly quickly.

He's getting progressively more selfish, like he might be buying into the hype a little bit too much.

Probably because of shit tactics, Mooy has no one to pass too.

Goes to ground too easily for the A league

What? Have you watched a Sydney FC game? The most in form attacker in the league goes down way more easily and it works very well.

What? Have you watched a Sydney FC game? The most in form attacker in the league goes down way more easily and it works very well.

Tesla not sure if your taking the piss but Mooy has had options to pass to. Last week he had a number of chances to give the ball to koren which would have opened Adelaide up and he didn't. Again today he has options and takes way too long to pass the ball. The Williams through ball was perfect example of him taking too many touches and then the pass ends up being cut out.

What about ugly rat Berisha! That guy goes down as soon as he sees he cant do nothing or will lose the ball.

Mooy doesn't pass because he doesn't have any faith that Williams Ramsay or Kennedy will actually score 

Mooy doesn't pass because he doesn't have any faith that Williams Ramsay or Kennedy will actually score 

They guy has had too play with Murdocca next to him in his three few halves of football... 

Usually he gets to play with Meiling beside him who is one of the most unpredictable Midfielders for oppositions to play against in the league due to his awkward shape, relentless attack and freakish ability.

So when you replace him with Murdocca literally the most predictable Midfielder in the league its obv going to effect how often he passes the football.

They guy has had too play with Murdocca next to him in his three few halves of football... 

Usually he gets to play with Meiling beside him who is one of the most unpredictable Midfielders for oppositions to play against in the league due to his awkward shape, relentless attack and freakish ability.

So when you replace him with Murdocca literally the most predictable Midfielder in the league its obv going to effect how often he passes the football.

So the question is why isnt Germano getting on the bench and getting some game time into him so he can play in the 11 and replace Murdocca.

Ok he's injury prone, but has been playing NYL for a few weeks before it ended and pulled up ok. Not to mentioned he scored in last game. Nees to be on the bench at the very least. Brings more to the table than say Hoff or Retre

The NYL is a completely different competition in tempo and physicality.

Germano's record means that he's either a starting player or not in the squad. If he's brought on as a sub he's just as likely to require substitution himself, effectively wasting one place on the bench.

IMO he's simply waiting out the end of his contract.

The NYL is a completely different competition in tempo and physicality.

Germano's record means that he's either a starting player or not in the squad. If he's brought on as a sub he's just as likely to require substitution himself, effectively wasting one place on the bench.

IMO he's simply waiting out the end of his contract.

Well select Germano and start him. If he gets injured then he is out for the rest of the season and we won't be left wondering what would have happened if did play. WSW is on mid-week, start him then because he has proven in the past that he has the skills to play. If he makes it to the 70 minute mark then sub him.

• Like 2

Willing to take on an opponent 1v1 rather than pass it backwards or sideways. Looks promising.

Agree... and has some very nice feet too.

Not sure who else in our team does that....

I think he will be good... You have a bit of a foot fetish?

ha, just a bit...

First competitive game for 4 months.

Looked promising, made a few classy touches like completely outwitting Posciliero, but will probably need the rest of our season just to get match fit.

I think it was always the case that he was going to be Duffs replacement for next season. But at least now we can front load the contract since he will be getting Duff's current wage

Looked promising, made a few classy touches like completely outwitting Posciliero, but will probably need the rest of our season just to get match fit.

I think it was always the case that he was going to be Duffs replacement for next season. But at least now we can front load the contract since he will be getting Duff's current wage Why would he "be getting Duff's current wage"?

Also the only place I have seen or heard of front or back loaded contracts in regards to football is this forum, so I would think they don't happen.

Whilst I'm going I ( and hopefully the club) need to Se more than just a few minutes of ok football before we start talking about new contracts.

I think it was always the case that he was going to be Duffs replacement for next season. But at least now we can front load the contract since he will be getting Duff's current wage

Why would he "be getting Duff's current wage"?

Also the only place I have seen or heard of front or back loaded contracts in regards to football is this forum, so I would think they don't happen.

Whilst I'm going I ( and hopefully the club) need to Se more than just a few minutes of ok football before we start talking about new contracts.

Thats how I understand the injury replacement to work, they 'take over' the contract so the max you can pay them is Duff's wage whilst still paying duff what ever he gets.

From what I saw:

1) He seems to have flair in his game

2) He's not afraid to take a shot

3) He likes to play direct and attack the goals, whether taking on defenders or passing more directly

After watching the game on Sunday he's the most exciting player to watch on the team at the moment. Hoping he really makes an impact cause he has the type of game that will bring some passion to our often dour style of play.

• Like 2