Melbourne Football

Travel.... Interstate and Overseas.

HeartinHobart

51 minutes ago, hedaik said:

Ive done a couple of trips to Germany, memory is hazy but most people speak English and I dont remember having any issues there with language.

34 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Yeh the Germans take pride in the quality of their English generally speaking. Think it makes them feel better about the French.

That's good to hear, I've been practicing and also taken an elective at Uni but I'm still horrible at it.

4 hours ago, haz said:

@thisphantomfortress , How much German did you know and how much of it did you really need to know?

I knew basically zero, my only exposure to German before it was my great gran speaking it to me when I was a kid.

They all speak English and they speak it well. You'll pick it up quick and it's worth learning the basics, e.g. Ordering food etc.

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Have you seen the women?! I don't go to my hairdresser for her goss, that's just a plus

I was in South Africa watching Australia Vs Serbia, leaving the stadium (although being 14) I couldn't believe how attractive the girls were but they were dating/married to guys like this tmp_23534-article-2492393-1948976F00000578-864_634x570-636864673.jpg.8f336d805bc075069fce36e6317dbbf3.jpg

Edited by haz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, strider said:

@n i k o dude they're so fkn friendly 

fijians > everyone

Correct. Best place in the world tbh.

1 hour ago, hedaik said:

Go to downtown Nadi where it's full of Indians if you feel like ruining the vibe 

Unfortunately also correct. Nadi is like being in a completely different country to the rest of Fiji.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

So I'm going up to Ballarat with dad for the weekend. Any tips @bt50?

I went to Ballarat once (for the FFA Cup game), I almost froze, I almost starved and the team lost the usual bullshit way. Other then that the bus ride was pretty nice.

11 minutes ago, haz said:

I went to Ballarat once (for the FFA Cup game), I almost froze, I almost starved and the team lost the usual bullshit way. Other then that the bus ride was pretty nice.

You'll get that a couple hours after dark on Tuesday night in July. Even in Melbourne haha.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, HeartFc said:

$900 max. With spending maybe $1200, depends if you get some suits made or a heavy night of booze/whores etc etc.

Depends on the time of year though, significantly more expensive in high season.