Melbourne Football

Travel.... Interstate and Overseas.

HeartinHobart

5 hours ago, HeartFc said:

Ye plenty of people wearing full jeans and jacket set ups in 30+ degree weather. I figure its to hide weapons.

Anyway todays adventure involved visiting a "town" where my Mrs grew up. It was basically a fucked up genuine 'knife fight over apple core" type ghetto. On the way there I spotted 2 dogs fucking in the middle in a busy highway. That was a first for me. When I got out the car  to visits their sugar cane farm some crack head tried to sell me a bundle of sticks. Didnt get it, still don't.

We had some more over cooked "asado" for lunch with her uncles/cousins and I got the grand tour of their cockroach invested overgrown garden. 

After that we Jumped on a motor bike to visit some shitty river 10km down some pot hole infested dusty road. Gears were fucked so almost flipped it 15 times. On the way there my Mrs cousin stopped and cut down a length of sugar cane, wasn't sure why until we got to section of the road where about 10 street dogs ran at us and he used the sugar cane to smack em around so I could zip past without my ankles getting bitten off. Good times. 

In other news, I got a horrible cough and about 20,000 mozzie bites coz apparently flyscreens haven't been invented here yet, I probably have AIDs.

Over and out. 

I hope your Mrs is the best export to come out of South America. Otherwise leave that continent

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/11/2017 at 0:25 PM, HeartFc said:

Ye plenty of people wearing full jeans and jacket set ups in 30+ degree weather. I figure its to hide weapons.

Anyway todays adventure involved visiting a "town" where my Mrs grew up. It was basically a fucked up genuine 'knife fight over apple core" type ghetto. On the way there I spotted 2 dogs fucking in the middle in a busy highway. That was a first for me. When I got out the car  to visits their sugar cane farm some crack head tried to sell me a bundle of sticks. Didnt get it, still don't.

We had some more over cooked "asado" for lunch with her uncles/cousins and I got the grand tour of their cockroach invested overgrown garden. 

After that we Jumped on a motor bike to visit some shitty river 10km down some pot hole infested dusty road. Gears were fucked so almost flipped it 15 times. On the way there my Mrs cousin stopped and cut down a length of sugar cane, wasn't sure why until we got to section of the road where about 10 street dogs ran at us and he used the sugar cane to smack em around so I could zip past without my ankles getting bitten off. Good times. 

In other news, I got a horrible cough and about 20,000 mozzie bites coz apparently flyscreens haven't been invented here yet, I probably have AIDs.

Over and out. 

You should write for lonely planet! 

55 minutes ago, HeartFc said:

Yeah I should start a travel blog but I'm too lazy and not a homosexual. I've been to the Philippines, Guam, Micronesia, Marshall Islands, Argentina, Uruguay and travelled 3,500 km in my van up to QLD all in the past 3 months. I really should've covered the island of Majuro on here while I was there. Literally a fucking strip of road/sand in the middle of the pacific ocean, full of poor, friendly, jesus freaks who chew some weird nut thing 24/7. Google betel nut, burns holes in peoples faces.

Back in Oz now after 2 delayed flights, lost and damaged luggage and Ganges river like diarrhoea. I'm fucking exhausted so I'm taking 10 days off to rest in Brisbane before driving back to Melbourne for Christmas. Then back to Brisbane and deciding wtf I wanna do for the rest of my life. 

Ill do my South American rap up tomorrow after I stop shitting. 

Betel Nut is GOAT. Islander kids used to bring it to school all the time in FNQ

A local offered me some and I tried it. Tasted like shite but it was fun to spit it at street dogs.

They chew it with a lot of Tobacco there so it was strong as fuck and gave me a head spin. Everyone has brown teeth and on the verge of holes in their cheeks from the powered lime. Fucking horrible habit but they're in negative figures when it comes to fucks given on Majuro. Kids literally run down flooded streets naked in the rain at midnight and you gotta swerve around them or you risk reducing the future population by 10%. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, haz said:

@HeartFc in comparison to Colazo's missus, how does this Farm Poontang compare, and how much do I need to pay to order one over here in a box?

Depends on what you like. Obviously Colazo's Mrs is a 167 out of 10 but I like my darker exotic types. My Mrs is probably an 8 but Id take her over a lot  of the BA blondes in a heart beat. In terms of import fees Id just head into the city and find South American backpackers. Plenty of hot Columbians/Brazilians/Argos floating around. Just ask em out on a date, spend $40 bucks on em and they'll be in love. Remember you're completing against what they're usually used to, slobs back home. 

Cheers mate @japiedog

Edited by HeartFc
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, HeartFc said:

As promised my Argentinian rap (rape) up. 

Economy: What economy? 50% import tax and hyper inflation has well and truly made Argentina economically retarded. I'm talking down syndrome kid playing 4 square with the normal kids retarded. Just a mess. 80% of the country is poor as fuck despite the endless resources and youthful population (compared to Australia). Problem is all the lower class people are dumb as fuck. Saw plenty of Soviet flags and Che Guevara paintings in the working class and villa's (slums) and I had a few convos with people about why Argentina is such a shit hole... Instead of blaming their insanely corrupt government, America and England are blamed. Argos will never get over American superiorly and English successfully defending the falklands. (Plenty people have a soft spot for Nazi Germany too which was kinda weird). You can add their terrible service industry and shitty attitudes to the reasons why not many people want to spend their hard earned in that country. Maybe Marci can fix it a little but it would take 20 years of fiscal responsibility to turns things around. Which would never happen anyway.

Food: Breakfast will consist of Medialunas (Dry over priced croissants) and coffee (7 sugars). If you mention eggs they'll look at you like you just asked to smell their bumholes. Lunch is usually ham and cheese Sandwhiches (sandwichitos) on white bread with the crusts cut off. I asked a few people why no crusts and they told me that crusts were disgusting... which was kind of ironic coz they always had dirty hands. Pizza is also a popular staple (especially in Buenos Aries), unfortunately they make worse pizza then the Chinese. Thin crust (try hard italians) with 2 kilos of cheese, 4.5 cherry tomatoes and a green olive from a 5 year old jar. If you pushed down on the middle of a slice and left it there for 30 seconds a pool of oil would form on top, disgusting.  $20 AUD of tasteless diarrhea inducing misery. Better off sticking the sandwiches or skipping lunch all together coz half the places are closed because of  the long siestas they take... yes Argos take siestas.. all that laziness and arrogance really takes it out of em. Dinner , asado (arse hard door), 17 cuts of overcooked cow with mashed potatoes. Another popular dish is milanese washed down with a couple glasses of Fernet Branca. Once again pretending to be Italian. Desert would be 5 choices of dry cake or something drowned in Dulce Leche. Probably the only thing I fell in love with was Lomos (steak rolls with the lot.) 

Cites/Places to go: Well firstly cross off Buenos Aries. Concrete shit hole with nothing to do. Portenos (white people in Buenos Aries) are arrogant, horrible at providing services and they like roller blading... Yes roller blading (Hahgaaaaaay.gif) Add to that both shitty foot traffic and road traffic and you have a pretty busy and depressing city. Only good thing about BA were the girls but ill cover that later. Iguazu is another place I visited. Its a shit hole. Despite the huge potential (tourism) shop owners and people in general don't give a fuck. They leave rubbish all over the footpath in front of their shops, don't bother covering the food they prepare so you get a side of flies with every meal you order and if you don't speak spanish they can't be fucked even trying to sell you something. Only good thing was obviously the amazing fucking waterfall and jungle surrounding it. Thought I was one of the blue cunts in Avatar. Next place was Tucuman. Another shit hole, what a surprise. Full of pot holes, criminals and the only freshly painted thing I saw the whole trip was left wing propaganda. I actually didn't mind Tucuman in the end but that was probably due to the Mrs family and friends loving me. I basically all I had to do was say 3 words in spanish every 2 hours and laugh at their jokes that I couldn't even understand, I was Batman to them. Really nice people though who despite having fuck all, were very generous. Tafi Del Valle was a cool little town surround by mountains. There I discovered Llamas are my 3rd least favourite animal in the world, behind birds and spiders. Just gay looking animals who spit and run if you fart within 200 meters of them. One of them was 3 times the size of me, when I tried taking a photo of it, it screamed like a fucking psychotic demon and ran 3kms without looking back. In the words of Carl Pilkington "do we need em?"

Safely: (or lack of). Its dangerous, even in Buenos Aries. I got followed a lot coz I stupidly spoke English with the Mrs in some dodgy areas. Once I realised I was a dark street away from a mugging id have to quickly dart across the road and around a corner to lose the dirty Chorro who was on my tail. Tucuman is another level, I stayed in a ghetto neighbourhood at my Mrs mums house so I got to see some action. Almost got in a punch on day one with some fat cunt coz he threw a brick at my Mrs dogs. When my Mrs abused him and I pointed up the road in a piss off type gesture he jumped off his scooter and power walked at me like it was on. I didnt budge or break eye contact which induced a very quick U turn back to his bike. He was about 5.6 and 90 kilo but trashed talked more than Conor Mcgregor. A week later I drove past some incident another day where some bloke was missing half his ear surround by 2 families going at in over a horse cart full of watermelons or someshit. There was 1 cop on the scene lighting a smoke, looking utterly disinterested. No doubt waiting for a 500 peso "nothing to see here" payment before jumping on his bike to go talk to girls in the park. Thats what cops do there. Talk to teenage school girls. Speaking of girls... Here the one everyone has been waiting for...

Girls: Yes they're hot as fuck and they want western dicks in and around their mouths. Buenos Aries had heaps of smoking blondes and plenty of drop dead morenas with green eyes (my favourite). Most of em have 10/10 arses and big tits, heaps of fake tits too which I've grown to appreciate in my older years. Only issue is, they don't speak english and I can't really comment on how they reacted to me coz I didnt really talk to them. Being there with my Mrs I was always treading on thin ice. Still, definitely got a few fuck me looks but its kinda hard to make eye contact with women in Argentina in general. On the street they are very aware and used to being stared at and groped by ugly argo ape men. I wouldnt bother trying to pick em up cold on the street, they walk faster than I can run, despite every single one of them wearing 5 inch heels. (Sexy as fuck.) Girls in San Miguel de Tucuman and the surrounding towns (Famaillia, Monteros, Rio Seco, Conception etc.) were probably in some cases even hotter than BA girls. Maybe I'm a little bias coz my Mrs is a slum dog Morena but theres something about a grubby bare foot farm girl covered in dust, wearing ripped and stained clothes which gets all hot under the ball sack. There was one particular day where I visited 4 or 5 of these shitty little towns where I almost broke my neck. A couple of times it would hit me like holy fuck did I just see a fucking 77 of out 10 carrying a sack of potatoes. Prefect make-upless angeled faced 53 kilo, 21 year old bitches with perky tits and arses like freshly picked peaches, just casually walking down the street next to donkeys, looking miserable as fuck. Once Australia becomes an islamic state and sharia kicks in, I'm heading straight back to rural Argentina with a fishing net. I wish I could've got some photos for you boys but I risked getting my testicles slow cooked on coals along with the asado. 

In conclusion, don't cross off Argentina completely. Stay away from the cities and explore the beautiful nature (and girls) it has to offer. When I go back, which ill be forced too, i'm gonna backpack Patagonia and Mendoza. Ill have my Spanish improved too so that'll help me explore some places without the Mrs as my personal translator. Going as a single guy is the way to go, just so so many hot girls. I could feel my sperm count doubling every day I was there. It was mind blowing in the rural areas. 

Happy hunting. 

10/10 read. Please travel more often

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Ok fellas hit me up with must visit places in the following locations...

Ill be in Croatia for 3 weeks but don't need any suggestions there, however Ill be in Munich for 4 days, Salzburg for 2 days, Hallstatt for a day prior to that. So any ideas on what I should definitely see would be appreciated....

4 hours ago, n i k o said:

Ok fellas hit me up with must visit places in the following locations...

Ill be in Croatia for 3 weeks but don't need any suggestions there, however Ill be in Munich for 4 days, Salzburg for 2 days, Hallstatt for a day prior to that. So any ideas on what I should definitely see would be appreciated....

In Munich if you havnt been, go to Neuschwanstein Castle and Eagle's Nest (if you want some running training you can trek up the mountain!)

In Croatia, if you are down in Dubrovnik, take a take trip to Kotor Bay in Montenegro

4 hours ago, haz said:

In Munich if you havnt been, go to Neuschwanstein Castle and Eagle's Nest (if you want some running training you can trek up the mountain!)

In Croatia, if you are down in Dubrovnik, take a take trip to Kotor Bay in Montenegro

Cheers. Yeh Cro I know well and will be with family and friends whilst there. But the other places I'm being a tourist so definitely looking for suggestions like that. I like that idea of trekking up the mountain. I'll check out the castle as well. If you think of anything else feel free to let me know, cheers!

44 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Cheers. Yeh Cro I know well and will be with family and friends whilst there. But the other places I'm being a tourist so definitely looking for suggestions like that. I like that idea of trekking up the mountain. I'll check out the castle as well. If you think of anything else feel free to let me know, cheers!

The Castle and Eagles Nest are the two main 'day attractions' near Munich, if you need any public transport info let me know!

In Munich there is also Dachau concentration camp, or you could take a train into Salzburg or Innsbruck.

As usual all this stuff is listed on Trip Advisor etc.

Edited by haz

35 minutes ago, haz said:

The Castle and Eagles Nest are the two main 'day attractions' near Munich, if you need any public transport info let me know!

In Munich there is also Dachau concentration camp, or you could take a train into Salzburg or Innsbruck.

As usual all this stuff is listed on Trip Advisor etc.

Ok thanks, I might have a question or two about the transport so I'll hit you up :up: 

59 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Ok thanks, I might have a question or two about the transport so I'll hit you up :up: 

Tip in  advanced: The 'Bayern Ticket' is your best friend if you want to travel outside/inside of Munich

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

In Beijing tonight, about to watch Beijing Gouan vs Shanghai SUPG. Last time I was over (6ish years ago admittedly) Shanghai won 5-0 in Shanghai in a stadium where 10,000 supporters felt closer to 30,000.

So just as I was settling into a good evening, who the fuck else do I find refereeing than Jarrod fucking Gillett. Don't know if to laugh or cry ...

Edit; 40 min goal chalked off for offside via VAR. FFA making waves overseas

Edited by mattyh001
Update
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, mus-28 said:

Anyone done America? Planning on doing Route 66 with the Family in 18ish months, with side trips to New York, Memphis and LA. Looking at spending a Month over there with about 3 weeks of that driving Route 66

went with family last year, there for a month. San Fran, Washington, New York, Vegas, Anaheim and Hollywood.
Fuckload of walking, look into New York pass, a heap of activities you can do at a cut price instead of doing one for a large price.
Don't take/buy any cd's off black guys on the streets 

• Like 1

Just got back from there about a month ago.

Did New York, a series of parks in Arizona/Utah, Vegas briefly, and San Fran to finish. 

Cannot recommend the parks enough. They were all incredible. We whizzed through them but saw Grand Canyon from the South Rim, Monument Valley, Page including Horseshoe Bend and Antelope Canyon, Bryce Canyon and Mt Zion NP including Angels Landing. All were amazing and aside from accommodation pretty cheap. 

New York was great, easy to get around and heaps of good food. We looked into the New York pass but it seemed like to get value out of it you had to pack everything in as tight as you could which wasn't what we were going for. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mus-28 said:

Anyone done America? Planning on doing Route 66 with the Family in 18ish months, with side trips to New York, Memphis and LA. Looking at spending a Month over there with about 3 weeks of that driving Route 66

Done quite a lot of it connected with my work. Fabulous place to visit - but couldn't live there. Driving Route 66 is a great idea. We didn't do that but we drove from Las Vegas to Denver on what are called "Scenic Byways", New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, via several National Parks and Monument Valley. Just incredible - everything you ever dreamed of about "America." Always stayed in small towns, some little more than ghost towns, one I remember being Bluff, Utah.

Also been to New Orleans and up the Missisippi on a riverboat to visit the old plantation houses, Washington D.C. and Boston, Niagara Falls and across the border into Canada - Thousand Islands, Quebec, Montreal. Many people also rave about driving through New England in the fall for the wooden houses and the autumn colours, although we never quite got there.

On top of all that, the Yanks just "lerve" Aussies, so once you get used to the drawl and the dialect, just push your stetson back, rest your arm on the window ledge, put her in cruise control on 50, and head off into the sunset. King of the road.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 2

On 23/11/2019 at 1:40 PM, thisphantomfortress said:

Going to Nepal in 2 weeks for everest base camp, appreciate any tips

Spend 1-2 days tops in Kathmandu. It’s fine for the main couple of attractions but otherwise I’d like a lesser version of a crappy Indian city. Pokhara is good, especially the Lakeside area. The hike up the hill to Sarangkot near Pokhara is well worth it. Should only take a few hours. When you’re doing your trek pack lighter than you think, but make sure you have some good quality warm stuff to layer up with. When you’re staying in huts on your trek if you offer to have dinner and breakfast at the place you’re staying they’ll usually give you a big discount on the stay, or just give you the night for free. 

On 23/11/2019 at 12:40 PM, thisphantomfortress said:

Going to Nepal in 2 weeks for everest base camp, appreciate any tips

Get a bum hole heater. They help with getting frozen shits out.

In all seriousness, I hope you did some cardio training, running, rowing machine, boxing etc coz you're gonna feel those lungs burn when you get up there. I haven't been but I had some fit friends go and they said its pretty taxing on the body. 

Smash some vitamins over the next couple weeks too.

Edited by HeartFc

10 hours ago, HeartFc said:

Get a bum hole heater. They help with getting frozen shits out.

In all seriousness, I hope you did some cardio training, running, rowing machine, boxing etc coz you're gonna feel those lungs burn when you get up there. I haven't been but I had some fit friends go and they said its pretty taxing on the body. 

Smash some vitamins over the next couple weeks too.

Yeah definitely step up the fitness training. I spent a few months preparing for when I went (I trekked in Annapurna region not EBC) but i was nowhere near prepared. It’s easy to underestimate the toll that the altitude takes on you. Make sure you listen to your body and are prepared to not make it all the way to the top, because if you get sick and need to turn back you NEED to turn back

11 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Yeah definitely step up the fitness training. I spent a few months preparing for when I went (I trekked in Annapurna region not EBC) but i was nowhere near prepared. It’s easy to underestimate the toll that the altitude takes on you. Make sure you listen to your body and are prepared to not make it all the way to the top, because if you get sick and need to turn back you NEED to turn back

Ye its no joke. Sounds like you know what you're doing considering you've got past experience in Nepal before. 

One of mates told me the towns are full off yuppies who go coz they wanna tell people they did the Himalayas. These morons have never trained in their lives so in the end they burn out 3 hours into 1 day, end up spending the rest of the trip at bars talking about their trekking adventures. 

14 hours ago, HeartFc said:

Ye its no joke. Sounds like you know what you're doing considering you've got past experience in Nepal before. 

One of mates told me the towns are full off yuppies who go coz they wanna tell people they did the Himalayas. These morons have never trained in their lives so in the end they burn out 3 hours into 1 day, end up spending the rest of the trip at bars talking about their trekking adventures. 

Yeah so many morons. Passed a guy walking up to Annapurna Base Camp (5800m) in thongs. Said he didn’t think he’d need hiking boots. It got down to -10 that night and that was at one of the lower nights altitude-wise. People are stupid

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

Anyone travelled the east coast of Tassie? Any suggestions that might be off the grid beside the usual touristy things to do?? 

Lived in Hobart for over 14 years. Have a look here: https://www.discovertasmania.com.au/about/regions-of-tasmania/east-coast. TBH, I don't think you'll find yourself overwhelmed by tourists despite what the brochures might say. Take the ferry to Maria Island.

I found Tasmania not so much a place of things to do and things to see but more a state of mind, where you could visit somewhere and reflect on what it must have been like in the early days.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Lived in Hobart for over 14 years. Have a look here: https://www.discovertasmania.com.au/about/regions-of-tasmania/east-coast. TBH, I don't think you'll find yourself overwhelmed by tourists despite what the brochures might say. Take the ferry to Maria Island.

I found Tasmania not so much a place of things to do and things to see but more a state of mind, where you could visit somewhere and reflect on what it must have been like in the early days.

Funny you say that because me and the girlfriend have been here 1 day and that dawned on me as well. Couldn't put it better, its about a state of mind rather than all the activities you can do.