Melbourne Football

Travel.... Interstate and Overseas.

HeartinHobart

• 1 month later...

So I'll be in Rome when Lazio vs Juventus is on, obviously an interesting fixture as an Inter fan as Lazio are our right wing brothers and Juve are cunts, anyone know the odds of being stabbed as a random nondescript spectator?

I meet a guy who studied in Australia in Rome at a pretty well known bar called Frenzi something (Anyway go there cos they have good cocktails for beer prices) he was a really smart and cool guy and one of few PPL who could be bothered speaking English to us and he said its fine as long as you stay in the right area and follow the crowd.

Edited by cadete

• 2 weeks later...

Got back from Thailand on Friday... Phuket has been lost to the Russians. Only went coz of a wedding and I shall never return. 

Off to Bali next week. Ill go from being surrounded by unfriendly, inconsiderate block heads; to annoying, obnoxious filth.

Fun times.

LOL - Please wear your Hawks jumper every day... a 1991 one with 23 on the back in White Digital Numbers preferably. 

LOL - Please wear your Hawks jumper every day... a 1991 one with 23 on the back in White Digital Numbers preferably. 

We could win the next 25 flags in a row and I wouldn't be caught dead wearing an AFL jumper in Bali.

Might as well get the southern cross tattooed on my back and name my first born "Kayden". 

• Like 1

We could win the next 25 flags in a row and I wouldn't be caught dead wearing an AFL jumper in Bali.

Might as well get the southern cross tattooed on my back and name my first born "Kayden". 

Mate, no offence but you already are telling PPL on a public forum "That you are going to Bali" and that alone IMO already pushes you over the edge into Jaxson Territory. 

Edited by cadete

Got back from Thailand on Friday... Phuket has been lost to the Russians. Only went coz of a wedding and I shall never return. 

Off to Bali next week. Ill go from being surrounded by unfriendly, inconsiderate block heads; to annoying, obnoxious filth.

Fun times.

Definitely less then there used to be since they're opting more for Pattaya these days as it's cheaper. 

TBH I found the Emirati families in Patong a lot more annoying. 

Edited by Hackett

Mate, no offence but you already are telling PPL on a public forum "That you are going to Bali" and that alone IMO already pushes you over the edge into Jaxson Territory. 

Well its a semi forced holiday (another wedding) and in a way I'm complaining about it, besides id spell it "Jaxsyn".

Definitely less then there used to be since they're opting more for Pattaya these days as it's cheaper. 

TBH I found the Emirati families in Patong a lot more annoying. 

Ye they are truly shithouse ppl to be around although they don't almost kill you every second day like that early 20's chinese geeks on scooters and jet ski's. 

When I was in Dubai two months ago I saw one Emirati Dude all in white with Aviator Gucci Sunglasses on (Inside) and a Diamond Encrusted Rolex walking through the Shopping Mall, followed half a metre behind by twelve children holding hands who were then followed half a metre behind by his four wives holding hands.

I almost automatically thought of Tesla..

NOTE: Also the funniest shit in Dubai has to be the food court at The Mail where they have food from every country (Other than Dubai) with really obvious names like "British Fish 'N' Chips" so you know exactly what you are getting... the funniest had to be "Jim's Greek".

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

Well its a semi forced holiday (another wedding) and in a way I'm complaining about it, besides id spell it "Jaxsyn".

The fact that you know the kind of people (and at least 2 couples of them) that have their weddings in Thailand and Bali says it all mate.

When I was in Dubai two months ago I saw one Emirati Dude all in white with Aviator Gucci Sunglasses on (Inside) and a Diamond Encrusted Rolex walking through the Shopping Mall, followed half a metre behind by twelve children holding hands who were then followed half a metre behind by his four wives holding hands.

I almost automatically thought of Tesla..

I was thinking 'this guy is living the dream' as you were describing him TBH.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, HeartinHobart said:

How long are you down for mate? What are your plans?

Spending 4 days in Wynyard, and 4 in Bicheno from March 3. Already been to Hobart a few years ago. 

Wouldnt mind catching up if theres any meets on? Or just catch up for a luncheon.

Edited by hedaik

On 01/12/2015 07:26:15, hedaik said:

Spending 4 days in Wynyard, and 4 in Bicheno from March 3. Already been to Hobart a few years ago. 

Wouldnt mind catching up if theres any meets on? Or just catch up for a luncheon.

Sounds good mate! Racing is pretty shit by March but yeah a lunch or something sounds good! 

Quite like the North West coast its often underrated. Boat Harbour beach on a nice day is pretty cool and Stanley is probably my favourite little town in Tassie! 

10 hours ago, HeartinHobart said:

Sounds good mate! Racing is pretty shit by March but yeah a lunch or something sounds good! 

Quite like the North West coast its often underrated. Boat Harbour beach on a nice day is pretty cool and Stanley is probably my favourite little town in Tassie! 

Sweet, I'll hit you up again closer to the date. 

• 2 weeks later...

Going to Italy for my GF's mother's Birthday Party on the Amalfi Coast next July, we are spending that first week in Italy and already have routine set for us there and then we are going to head to Berlin and Amsterdam.

My knowledge of Berlin is half decent from a week there this year but can anyone recommend an area to stay in Amsterdam, somewhere near the action preferably (But not right in the midst of it) where you can find a Backpackers that will have double rooms in their setup is what I am really looking for...

2 hours ago, cadete said:

Going to Italy for my GF's mother's Birthday Party on the Amalfi Coast next July, we are spending that first week in Italy and already have routine set for us there and then we are going to head to Berlin and Amsterdam.

My knowledge of Berlin is half decent from a week there this year but can anyone recommend an area to stay in Amsterdam, somewhere near the action preferably (But not right in the midst of it) where you can find a Backpackers that will have double rooms in their setup is what I am really looking for...

Only spent a few nights in Amsterdam but found the Grachtengordel area pretty nice, a little busy during the day! Quiet enough during the night. Still walking distance to most areas!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Beijing?

Nothing exciting. Tienanmen Square, Forbidden City and The Great Wall are well worth seeing, but wasnt much else that I enjoyed there...especially as drinks/food are as expensive as Australia and full of the rudest people on Earth. 

Edited by hedaik

5 minutes ago, hedaik said:

Nothing exciting. Tienanmen Square, Forbidden City and The Great Wall are well worth seeing, but wasnt much else that I enjoyed there...especially as drinks/food are as expensive as Australia. 

There is a tour thing on scoopon, flights, accom, most meals, and I think activities paid for as well, 6 days for $800 which is basically the cost of flights if I were to book it myself.

Seems a good deal, hence my interest.

FWIW, drinks and food seem to be the same as Australia everywhere I go. Even Bali was hardly cheaper, and i'm not an idiot that gets hustled by tourist ripoffs either.

In fact, it's arguably more expensive in Europe, especially UK.

Edited by Tesla

1 minute ago, Tesla said:

There is a tour thing on scoopon, flights, accom, most meals, and I think activities paid for as well, 6 days for $800 which is basically the cost of flights if I were to book it myself.

Seems a good deal, hence my interest.

As much as I didnt enjoy China, for $800 it would still be worth taking up assuming its all legit. It is bordering on the 'sounds too good to be true' status though. 

11 minutes ago, Tesla said:

FWIW, drinks and food seem to be the same as Australia everywhere I go. Even Bali was hardly cheaper, and i'm not an idiot that gets hustled by tourist ripoffs either.

In fact, it's arguably more expensive in Europe, especially UK.

I havent been to Bali but I imagine its like Koh Samui, which is just as expensive as anything in Australia, whereas the rest of the country is cheap.

Laos, Vietnam, Thailand (and any other povo SE Asian countries) all are pretty cheap. In Laos we were paying $10 a night for a double bed with aircon, $1 for a longneck and $5 for good meals. 

Edited by hedaik

6 minutes ago, hedaik said:

As much as I didnt enjoy China, for $800 it would still be worth taking up assuming its all legit. It is bordering on the 'sounds too good to be true' status though. 

I think it's legit, but it's probably at cost price or maybe even at a small loss with the hope of selling profitable addons. On scoopon and at that price they should get a lot of booking, it's conceivable that the tour company could get quite a good deal with the airline and hotel when they are basically buying in bulk. Then they probably hope to sell some addons which are bought direct from the tour company and not off scoopon, like the one I'm considering which is Shanghai for 4 days for $400. Seems decent value as well, but no doubt that is profitable for the tour company.

Looked up the tour company and they seem to have been around for a while, with okay reviews so does seem legit.

Of course, being a tour, there will be the 'shopping stops' where they try hustle you with BS tourist ripoffs, and the tour company gets a commission. That would be the other way they make their money. You don't have to buy anything.

17 minutes ago, hedaik said:

I havent been to Bali but I imagine its like Koh Samui, which is just as expensive as anything in Australia, whereas the rest of the country is cheap.

Laos, Vietnam, Thailand (and any other povo SE Asian countries) all are pretty cheap. In Laos we were paying $10 a night for a double bed with aircon, $1 for a longneck and $5 for good meals. 

Yeah basically being a tourist place pushes the price of everything up, not just for tourists but for locals as well so even if you try to avoid tourist traps it's still all quite expensive.

Edited by Tesla

• 2 months later...

You're quick, post was up for like a minute before I deleted it (need to book somewhere today as the dates I want to go are in like a week and didn't think anyone would respond).

I was thinking Tasmania but cbf renting a car, I'll do Tasmania once I'm 25 and the whole renting a car thing is less hassle/expensive.

Apart from that, based purely on flight prices, Coffs Harbour, Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, and Cairns look like options. Never been to any of those.

Edited by Tesla

1 hour ago, Tesla said:

You're quick, post was up for like a minute before I deleted it (need to book somewhere today as the dates I want to go are in like a week and didn't think anyone would respond).

I was thinking Tasmania but cbf renting a car, I'll do Tasmania once I'm 25 and the whole renting a car thing is less hassle/expensive.

Apart from that, based purely on flight prices, Coffs Harbour, Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, and Cairns look like options. Never been to any of those.

I jump on once every few hours at work and work top down.

Cairns is a shit hole would go to Port Douglas if you're thinking FNQ.

• Like 3