Melbourne Football

Leeds United.

HOLLYWOOD

So Russell Crowe has floated the idea of purchasing in at Leeds..

http://www.news.com.au/sport/football/russell-crowe-shows-interest-in-buying-stake-in-struggling-championship-side-leeds-united/story-fndkzvnd-1227239459877

As a massive Leeds fan, personally I think it would be one of the best things to happen at our club in 10 years.

We need good people at our club. Sick of all the bullshit of the past 10 years.

Save us Rusty, take us back to where we belong!

MOT.

Edited by HOLLYWOOD

Interesting stuff, more of a Union fan so correct me if I'm wrong but he iniated the South Sydney turn around from basketcase to Premiers. Looks like a pretty similar situation hear just on a grander stage.

My grandparents live a stones throw from Elland Road and Leeds the city is really becoming an economic hub in the otherwise depressing Yorkshire so could be good for the city too. But as a Chelsea fan fuck them I hope he fails miserably.

Interesting stuff, more of a Union fan so correct me if I'm wrong but he iniated the South Sydney turn around from basketcase to Premiers. Looks like a pretty similar situation hear just on a grander stage.

My grandparents live a stones throw from Elland Road and Leeds the city is really becoming an economic hub in the otherwise depressing Yorkshire so could be good for the city too. But as a Chelsea fan fuck them I hope he fails miserably.

Yeah he took ownership at South and turned them from virtually irrelevant to one of, if not, the biggest brand in the sport.

Majority of my family live in Leeds too, I lived there for the better part of a year and went to plenty of Championship games, if we ever get back up I'll be on the next flight over, fuck even the thought of being at Elland Road for a Premier League game makes me moist.

When I was just a little boy,

I asked my mother "What should I be?"

"Should I be Chelsea? Should I be Leeds?"

Here's what she said to me;

"Wash you mouth out son,

And go get your fathers gun,

And shoot the Chelsea scum

Shoot the Chelsea scum..

We hate Chelsea, We hate Chelsea!

well my 2nd team in England has always been Leeds United and I would love nothing better to see Leeds back in the Premier League. I hope that Russell Crowe can help the club out and does what he can, for too long now Leeds have been stuck in the championship without any major financial backing and many false dawns.....so here's to hoping!

• Like 4

My understanding of it all from reading around on LUFCtalk.com is that he simply doesn't have the net worth that Cellino has to buy the club outright. There's a lot of wealthy people in Yorkshire he's going to have to come forward with some sort of consortium.

Most popular theory is he's going to help the Leeds Fan LLP representative group (a group supporting fan ownership of the club) buy a %25 stake in the club and sit on the board.

Don't hold your breath though, our Chairman has just been banned from the Football League and won't be involved with the club in any form for the next couple months. Typical Leeds.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So this topic has fired back up.. this time it's back to Red Bull.

Members of the Red Bull board we're seen at Leeds United offices last week, apparently an offer of £60million has been made and that the soft drink company hoped a deal would be done within two to three weeks.

Cellino first denied the offer was made, then called a reporter back after speaking to a member of his board saying that yes, indeed an offer had been made.

Red Bull then denied they had made an offer, as they probably would, regardless if claims were true or not.

Shortly after, the Italian press reported the Leeds United we're 'officially' up for sale, with current Chairman Massimo Cellino,wanting to get out of the F.A. and take over Italian side Parma.

Also worth noting, the Red Bull bid has the backing of the LLP Group, and are in full support of part fan ownership of the club.

Well if nothing else, supporting this club takes you on one hell of a fucken ride..

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/leeds-united-set-60million-red-5455134

post-4073-0-00314900-1428658469_thumb.pn

• 3 months later...

Knocked off Everton at Elland Rd last night 2-0, well aware it was a friendly but fuck when supporting this club you take anything you can get.

Dare I say it, slightly optimistic about this season. New kits are all class too.

For anyone who's a fan, were on tele on Saturday night 9:30pm Kickoff - Charles Dickens Tavern, come have a few jars.

leeds-united-15-16-kits copy.jpg

• Like 1

Knocked off Everton at Elland Rd last night 2-0, well aware it was a friendly but fuck when supporting this club you take anything you can get.

Dare I say it, slightly optimistic about this season. New kits are all class too.

For anyone who's a fan, were on tele on Saturday night 9:30pm Kickoff - Charles Dickens Tavern, come have a few jars.

leeds-united-15-16-kits copy.jpg

beInsports channel?

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 19/06/2018 at 12:56 PM, Jovan said:

Bielsa !

This could completely change this club or he could walk before Christmas. 

I am a huge fan of Bielsa and would love to see him shape a club like Leeds. Very very interested to see how he goes.

Annnndddd he’s got the job done.

To be honest I’m disappointed that we haven’t seen a two page post by @belaguttman discussing the success of his favourite manager.

• Like 2