Melbourne Football

Fed up

Baka1

And what can change said culture?

If you care so much about the plight of this club's Active Support why did you not put your hand up when Yarraside disbanded and all positions for a New Active Support Team were left completely open?

God there are 101 people on the terrace you could say this too, especially that cunt giving demon_heart all that gried second half Sunday.

And what can change said culture?

If you care so much about the plight of this club's Active Support why did you not put your hand up when Yarraside disbanded and all positions for a New Active Support Team were left completely open?

Honestly, I could not care less about City's active support going into the future lol. I just say what most people are afraid to.

I've been active for several years now (until last week). I thought Melburnians would turn our shit support into not-so-shit-support. I tried my bit, suggested a lot of chants and got myself involved as much as I could on gameday.

Since YSIDE, City / Heart's active has always had an elitist vibe. "If you're not part of the core we won't take your opinion seriously, even though we need you to sound decent". 

That's where it's failing and will continue to fail. 

But who am I to talk? I'm just a faceless forum member and GA attendant these days  :up:

Edited by strider
  • Like 1

^If it's been the same for 5 years with 2 different terraces why hasn't there been a change? Seems to me only leaders can make changes and decisions

No shit... you could say the same thing about your local IGA, or the Federal bloody Government.

This is because like when u try run a Supermarket or Government as soon as you try to run a Terrace straight away certain very obvious problems and issues are identified that require the Terrace to be run a particular way to protect the Terrace's property and exploits (Tifo's and the like) which usually sees some sort of Core to be formed.

If you want to do some research you will quickly find that all the best Terrace's in the world pretty much use this method for this reason the only exception being that the Older the Terrace usually the bigger Trusted Inner Circle becomes... which is what happened with Yarraside, BWB and The Cove.

The system is not as inflexible as PPL like Strider try to make out because their is nothing to say that the Inner Circle (I dont specifically mean Core) cannot get bigger and this exactly what happened with Yarraside as the Seasons rolled by numerous new PPL found themselves move closer to having a role in the Operations of the Group.

There was not one Heart Season where this did not happen and from what I have been told I know the same thing is happening with The Melburnians... of course some PPL  moved away from the process (Some had disagreements - I am not innocent from more than a few of these) BUT its just indisputable that every Season more and more new PPL did not become more involved in things if they put themselves out there.

Also one last thing: I only became a Heart Member a third of the way into Season One and I only went to games to have something to do because my partner was at Summer School, I did not know anybody at the match (And didn't really want to know anybody either) I just wanted to watch football and chant at a live game not a bad feed being shown on a shit screen at the Celtic Club. 

After a bit of forum posting, I decided to put myself out there and make some awkward nervous introductions (As I can be shy at first) at a Pub one game day and in under a year I had made several new friends and half a year later I eventually found myself in Core.

I was never a member of Core in Yarraside's first Season (Melburnians are still much younger than when I was asked to join YSIDE Core) so I really dont see why anyone here (Including Strider) if they want to greater say on things cant do the same thing that I did to find myself in a position where I could have a greater say on Terrace decisions.

But if you want PPL to notice you and listen to you... trying shaking their hand in fucken person not critiquing on them on the net.

Failing that at least be a real kent like Cadete and and criticise them in person.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 4

Well said cadete.

I seem to see the same circumstance unfold each time this is brought up. Some feel the core is not approachable and cannot get their voices heard, and then we have core members saying your there for anyone to feel free and have a chat to. Never really know who to beleive tbh.

Personally I'd love to get involved with active if I could rely on Centrelink to pay me like the members of RBB but I can't and have to commit to a more than full time job.

^If it's been the same for 5 years with 2 different terraces why hasn't there been a change? Seems to me only leaders can make changes and decisions

Also one last thing: I only became a Heart Member a third of the way into Season One and I only went to games to have something to do because my partner was at Summer School, I did not know anybody at the match (And didn't really want to know anybody either) I just wanted to watch football and chant at a live game not a bad feed being shown on a shit screen at the Celtic Club. 

After a bit of forum posting, I decided to put myself out there and make some awkward nervous introductions (As I can be shy at first) at a Pub one game day and in under a year I had made several new friends and half a year later I eventually found myself in Core.

But if you want PPL to notice you and listen to you... trying shaking their hand in fucken person not critiquing on them on the net.

Failing that at least be a real kent like Cadete and and criticise them in person. This is pretty much 100% the same experience I had when getting to know YSIDE members.

My take- if those guys could like me (tolerate is probably a betterr word), then even though there might be angst between posters on a forum, WE ALL have the same goal.

Peace.

• Like 1

As has been said numerous times, last night was fantastic. Everything sounded in unison and genuinely loud and proud. Can honestly say that atmosphere would have rivalled a lot of games in the league (not including derbies etc), which is awesome considering the average 7k crowd.

Was sitting in the north end too btw, the Red Army were easily out sung, and believe me, they could easily hear the anti-Adelaide chants in their little corner!

Would go as far as saying it was the loudest I've ever heard a Melburnians/Yarraside crowd.

Not to mention that it looked awesome, too.

Just a few humble observations.

Edited by RedAndWhitePride
  • Like 1

It was a great atmosphere. I felt the beginning was great and slowly dropped off a bit before the first goal (I think it was the jump for Melbourne chant???). The second half was great again and without doubt the goals made a huge difference.

Yeah, would agree that the first half just before the Adelaide goal was seriously good.

We won...

Crowds get loud when you are winning - PPL need to remember that when we are losing and the crowd is conversly flat instead of taking stabs at those PPL trying their hardest to get the crowd more engaged.

I actually thought before the first goal was probably the best start to a game I've heard. Winning without doubt helps, but things can be done better, as long as it's constructive suggestions.

• Like 1

ITT : Active support is shit when the team is playing shit and great when we beat one of best teams in the league.

Definitely a new and exciting development.

The terrace sounded at their best just before the first Adelaide goal.

Probably fired up from the march.

But yes, winning obviously helps. 

Tbh, was thinking the announcement of the new facilities played a factor too? I know it got me keener for the game.

ITT : Active support is shit when the team is playing shit and great when we beat one of best teams in the league.

Definitely a new and exciting development.

The terrace sounded at their best just before the first Adelaide goal.

Probably fired up from the march.

But yes, winning obviously helps. 

Tbh, was thinking the announcement of the new facilities played a factor too? I know it got me keener for the game.

Silly Question but did the march help? I sit down at Swan St end and it was a noticeable difference especially the middle bay seemed more compact and full of energy. Was loudest I can recall. Top effort.

• Like 1

exactly. The march was only like that because it is rarely ever done. If we did it every week, we wouldnt get anywhere near the amount of people as we did on Friday simply because people would know there was always one the next week. Having those rare marches gets everyone excited and in effect everyone gets down.

exactly. The march was only like that because it is rarely ever done. If we did it every week, we wouldnt get anywhere near the amount of people as we did on Friday simply because people would know there was always one the next week. Having those rare marches gets everyone excited and in effect everyone gets down.

I undertand what your saying, but at the same time I'm thinking this march got everyone excited and you wouldn't do it each week in case people decide not to come becasue it'll be done the following week? And even if you did it against Newcastle and you got less people doesn't it still make a great build up for those that are there?

Regardless of numbers, make that a tradition every home game. Great way to make it a Melburnians traditional march. It may actually inspire more people to join in, not less.