Melbourne Football

Fed up

Baka1

After today when we did "ohh Melbourne city fc la la la la la la la la la la oLe olé olé olé olé ola" chant I think I speak for a lot of supporters asking why the fuck are we using this mv/sfc chant. Too many copied chants the new guys are using. Active supporters will drop off if this keeps happening and I'm not the only one. Can't even keep a banner too ffs. New leaders plz

I always support active cause It takes commitment to get off your arse to make some atmosphere, which I respect. But today's was probably the poorest I've seen. The usual silence and lack of chants from the 60-70 minute was standard like most games. There are a few chants that are great because they can be sung for a long time but are few and far between. The Muscat chants were just pathetic and embarrassing. Why does he deserve that attention, who gives a fuck about him. Like anything you do well there has to be a plan and structure to go along with it. There must be dedicated chant list at specific times, so that there is always something to sing for for the full 90. At the moment, we get to the second half and its hit and miss, starting chants already sung etc.

As much as the supporter group isn't getting paid to do this and are using their own time and effort to get things going they do so willingly knowing there are responsibilities that come with it. They don't owe us as supporters something for doing it but they definitely owe the club to support it the best way they can.

Ps. Did I mention the swearing....

Edited by n i k o

I have nothing to do with Active Support anymore... but I am always amazed when I was involved with Yarraside at how many PPL fail to see that its a just a simple reality in any Sport everywhere and anywhere that any type of crowd's attitude is always going to reflect what is actually happening on the pitch.

Its a part of life... its like I wouldn't expect a bunch of young blokes who walk into a dead bar with only unattractive woman to be seen to suddenly be up and about so likewise I hardly expect a Soccer Crowd to be that pumped up over the boring crap that City served up in today's second half.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2

I have nothing to do with Active Support anymore... but I am always amazed when I was involved with Yarraside at how many PPL fail to see that its a just a simple reality in any Sport everywhere and anywhere that any type of crowd's attitude is always going to reflect what is actually happening on the pitch.

Its a part of life... its like I wouldn't expect a bunch of young blokes who walk into a dead bar with only unattractive woman to be seen to suddenly be up and about so likewise I hardly expect a Soccer Crowd to be that pumped up over the boring crap that City served up in today's second half.

This is why I never really understood the "sing for 90 minutes" mentality, or chanting immediately after conceding a goal.

But that probs makes me a casual supporter according to some

This is why I never really understood the "sing for 90 minutes" mentality, or chanting immediately after conceding a goal.

But that probs makes me a casual supporter according to some

I think another thing some PPL need to remember is that its pretty rare for somebody to post a popular Youtube Clip of a Crowd Chanting when their Inept Football Side are playing shit football.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

we are all in the low at the moment, nothing is going to be easy filling in what the Yarraside worked hard for in the last 4 years, it would take time blood and sweat along with a lot of grievences and determination to see things through.

What Im wondering is if anyone from the old guard that was Yarraside still not tempted to come in and help out or even step in to even help out on an odd occasion? There must atleast one of you lot that would be dying on the inside to just help out with things maybe some advice to the current core or something of that sort?

we are all in the low at the moment, nothing is going to be easy filling in what the Yarraside worked hard for in the last 4 years, it would take time blood and sweat along with a lot of grievences and determination to see things through.

What Im wondering is if anyone from the old guard that was Yarraside still not tempted to come in and help out or even step in to even help out on an odd occasion? There must atleast one of you lot that would be dying on the inside to just help out with things maybe some advice to the current core or something of that sort?

I remember in round 1 this year, last years capo/drummer came back for the second half and helped us out a lot, would be great if he could come back
  • Like 1

I remember in round 1 this year, last years capo/drummer came back for the second half and helped us out a lot, would be great if he could come back

That was my good friend Hackett mate, I'll have a word with him and see if he can have a go on the drums again this upcoming Friday.

• Like 2

I don't think anybody that was involved in the trumpets/capo/drums under YS even go to the games anymore. 

I don't think anybody that was involved in the trumpets/capo/drums under YS even go to the games anymore. 

I know the majority of the Yarraside main core has said previously they dont want to be back in active support again due to them feeling the club not being the same among with other things.

But surely at least ONE of them could atleast give an odd helping hand out.....if I was one of them and I was seeing how much this new terrace needs help even though I mentioned I wouldnt step foot permanently again, I'd at least owe it to myself help out on an odd occasion and give some pointers, something along those lines. Id be dying on the inside wanting to help out if the situation was warranted. But thats me & wanting a successful terrace.

Nothings given on the first go. Its why the current core either has to push through with whatever the problems may arise & fix its problems or change the current core and bring in someone else that can solve the problems and push through. Its one or the other.....cant have both.

Edited by elieanid

I know the majority of the Yarraside main core has said previously they dont want to be back in active support again due to them feeling the club not being the same among with other things.

But surely at least ONE of them could atleast give an odd helping hand out.....if I was one of them and I was seeing how much this new terrace needs help even though I mentioned I wouldnt step foot permanently again, I'd at least owe it to myself help out on an odd occasion and give some pointers, something along those lines. Id be dying on the inside wanting to help out if the situation was warranted. But thats me & wanting a successful terrace.

Nothings given on the first go. Its why the current core either has to push through with whatever the problems may arise & fix its problems or change the current core and bring in someone else that can solve the problems and push through. Its one or the other.....cant have both.

All Ive heard is positive feedback from the Melburnian core about how YS have helped them so I'd be surprised if your thoughts were shared by the main group.

Anyway these complaints aren't new or unique to the current group, you'll probably find 30 of these threads in this section over the last 5 years if you searched. 

• Like 3

I think most of the PPL that were in Core in YSIDE (Even those who have had many disagreements with me over the years) would agree that due to its taxing nature there is only so long anyone can remain in one of these roles before they need to move on...

This is evident at most clubs, I can tell you for a fact that the vast majority of the guys running the NT and The Cove are def not those who ran these respective ends in their initial years either.

You were given a far greater head start than most active groups in the country yet you still feel we haven't done enough? Maybe if you weren't so focused on printing banners for your new #firm you'd be a bit further along by now.

Here here!

• Like 1

I wasn't core but I did have a bit to do with some aspects of running the terrace so take this as you will.

As Hedaik mentioned earlier YS had exactly the same issues. When we were shit on the park or the weather was poor or there was some big event on the night before, etc a lot of the terrace was flat and uninspiring. There was also the ongoing issues of people being more interested in filming on their camera phones rather than join in, people who couldn't keep pace, etc etc. So the main guys just stuck to their guns, sorted those who were serious from those who were talk, maintained their ethos and simply kept going, doing the best they could with what they had at their disposal- which considering what they had was quite incredible IMO.

So. The golden question. How do you organize a large group of mentally challenged fucktards to get their act together and act like proper football supporters instead of pretending to be hools or taking selfies for the whole game or getting them to clap in time to a simple drum beat?

Answer- no idea. Nobody was able to work that out. But as Cadete mentioned, the level of retardation did seem to mirror the retardation level of the club and players at the time.

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 3

No one complained about the "everywhere we go" tottenham chant. Which the tune is used by probably every single terrace in Australia.

The ole ola chant if done well creates noise, which we as a terrace need, so why this is a problem is beyond me, I've posted so many chants that are original and have not been used or even tried at a game.

Therefore i'll keep starting the chant & i'll keep singing it :up:

I don't think anybody that was involved in the trumpets/capo/drums under YS even go to the games anymore. I know the majority of the Yarraside main core has said previously they dont want to be back in active support again due to them feeling the club not being the same among with other things.

You were given a far greater head start than most active groups in the country yet you still feel we haven't done enough? Maybe if you weren't so focused on printing banners for your new #firm you'd be a bit further along by now.

Here here!

Look mate, I'm inter city elite, there's no need to rip into our printed banner alright mate, ffs just because were too retarded to paint it ourselves, there's no need to judge mate. #herehere #interintercitycantyouseesometimesyourwordsjusthipnotizeme

It's not about the effort melburnians core put in, it's just the lack of ideas they have. It's about having an identity for the terrace. It's about starting something new and exciting that hasn't been used in the league. It's about that individual brilliance the core lacks. The terrace needs more football people and not people with no clue trying to make a name for themselves for the sake of it.

• Like 1

I wasn't core but I did have a bit to do with some aspects of running the terrace so take this as you will.

As Hedaik mentioned earlier YS had exactly the same issues. When we were shit on the park or the weather was poor or there was some big event on the night before, etc a lot of the terrace was flat and uninspiring. There was also the ongoing issues of people being more interested in filming on their camera phones rather than join in, people who couldn't keep pace, etc etc. So the main guys just stuck to their guns, sorted those who were serious from those who were talk, maintained their ethos and simply kept going, doing the best they could with what they had at their disposal- which considering what they had was quite incredible IMO.

So. The golden question. How do you organize a large group of mentally challenged fucktards to get their act together and act like proper football supporters instead of pretending to be hools or taking selfies for the whole game or getting them to clap in time to a simple drum beat?

Answer- no idea. Nobody was able to work that out. But as Cadete mentioned, the level of retardation did seem to mirror the retardation level of the club and players at the time.

For a successful terrace, level of retardation must be higher than the team they are supporting.

With our current team roster in place, it is simply not possible.

Mate I just don't want us to go down to the levels of Adelaides, Perths, Brisbane terraces and be copy cats like them. Copying everyone's chants isn't a good thing whether it mates noise or not. Create a fucking identity (eg rbb) and implement some new chants and make us a terrace that's fkn respected. Also someone intimidating and that can gain respect from people will make people WANT to chant. Not people that go and scream and swear into GA's faces. They sit GA for a reason muppets

Edited by Baka1

Mate I just don't want us to go down to the levels of Adelaides, Perths, Brisbane terraces and be copy cats like them. Copying everyone's chants isn't a good thing whether it mates noise or not. Create a fucking identity (eg rbb) and implement some new chants and make us a terrace that's fkn respected. Also someone intimidating and that can gain respect from people will make people WANT to chant. Not people that go and scream and swear into GA's faces. They sit GA for a reason muppets

I'd do a better job at capo. Euro mentality not shit overused chants and copied ones

So you're saying you're an intimidating guy?

Also someone intimidating and that can gain respect from people will make people WANT to chant. 

Are these the two main qualities that you have that would make you a better capo as you claimed or do you have others as well?

Considering you can't even legally drink yet and you're making yourself look like a gronk in here, I doubt youd be more intimidating or have anymore respect than our current capo. 

Edited by hedaik
  • Like 3

surely club management won't be against the idea of a new terrace (North/boulevard end)?

Great idea! Lets split our already diminished active area into two!

Seriously though doubt the club would be about it. Would cost them more in security, police and in those black seat cover things. Plus the NT is GA for people who don't want to be near the active areas pretty much ruins that option for a lot of fans.

What exactly is this identity?

As far as most people are concerned their 'ídentity' of the RBB is a large group of dole bludgers that don't mind a dust up every now and then...

Plus the NT is GA for people who don't want to be near the active areas pretty much ruins that option for a lot of fans.

There's a 'family friendly' section they can sit at on Level 1 if they don't want to sit near the active areas.

If there was to be an active area in the NT, at least it would go up against the away area, which is currently what the patrons who sit there have to deal with anyway.

Edited by RedAndWhitePride
  • Like 1

As far as most people are concerned their 'ídentity' of the RBB is a large group of dole bludgers that don't mind a dust up every now and then...

Yes, they have that reputation (and with good reason), but in terms of chanting co-ordination, general matchday atmosphere etc, they are second best only to North Terrace.

Let's be honest, one of the reasons (apart from winning football games) WSW has made such inroads into the competition is because of the RBB and the atmosphere they provide, and the way they involve the GA sections, amongst other things.

Edited by RedAndWhitePride

Yes, they have that reputation (and with good reason), but in terms of chanting co-ordination, general matchday atmosphere etc, they are second best only to North Terrace.

Let's be honest, one of the reasons (apart from winning football games) WSW has made such inroads into the competition is because of the RBB and the atmosphere they provide, and the way they involve the GA sections, amongst other things.

RBB > NT. Everyone has their opinion though.

Different situation though. Western sydney were a new team in a new area compared to ourselves who had to come in when Victory had already grabbed the majority of the audience. Whilst i'll agree they do sound louder the fact that the FFA literally assured them victory by giving them cap concessions as well as spending a shit tonne of money on the best coach money could buy literally assured them of a big supporter base and lots of success too. If heart had orginally been owned by the FFA, maybe we would be in the same position?

On the people slagging Melburnians though, get a grip. Pretty rich to act all high and mighty and demand for this and that to be done without even going down and meeting some of the main blokes. I'll always appreciate Melburnians due to the fact they volunteer their time out simply for the love of the club in order to create a better atmosphere. KUTGW gents :up: