Melbourne Football

AFL 2015 Season

hedaik

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/180774

Looks like it's expired but I managed to get on.

I still reckon Foxtel Play through ps3/ ps4/ xbox one is the way to go. 2 devices logged in a once. That's $25 each a month for all sport channels.

Yeah thats my current method for watching ALeague, but the PQ is pretty bad and I think $50 a month is a bit of a jip for the amount I watch it. 

Also can't use Telstra unfortunately as its through my estates shitty fibre provider

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/180774

Looks like it's expired but I managed to get on.

I still reckon Foxtel Play through ps3/ ps4/ xbox one is the way to go. 2 devices logged in a once. That's $25 each a month for all sport channels.

I scored this too. Doubt I will use it heaps so happy to share access? Just need to sort out the Phone-to-TV business

Any Carlton fans on here ever been in the Heatley End at the MCG? 

Just wondering if it's any good since I decided to pay the $25 upgrade on top of my membership to buy a ticket there for the Carlton vs Richmond opener, pretty excited.

Just wondering if it's any good since I decided to pay the $25 upgrade on top of my membership to buy a ticket there for the Carlton vs Richmond opener, pretty excited.

Which one's that? Only ever sat in Ponsford, Southern and Olympic.

Which one's that? Only ever sat in Ponsford, Southern and Olympic.

Designated area for Carlton members in the Great Southern Stand! Next to but not in the cheer squad I think

Is anybody using a reliable and decent stream for the footy this season?

Lucky to watch more than 1 hour a week of TV with the baby, so thinking of scrapping Foxtel.

I find Tbox pretty affordable as an extra on top of my Telstra Net Bill FWIW.

With the shutting down of TVN is there any racing on the T Box now?

Believe me this has been a major pain for me as I used it a lot... in fact I was even subscribing to their App for Best Bets Form and to be able to watch races on my Iphone so I don't know what I am going to do as this point.

I might reopen a Tab Account ans stream Sky via Apple TV because I take it they know show Melb/Syd races via the net... only problem is that my Tab Account kept getting suspended because I never used it to bet because I am not a mug.

I guess I could make a small bet each week.

Edit - Apparently SKY still wont show Victorian Races and that you can get access via the Victorian Racing Page for free.. its like they don't want us to watch the gallops FFS.

Seriously why they ever brought TVN in back all the years ago was beyond me it has never benefited Punters really at all.

Edited by cadete

Maybe carrow wilson can shove all her award winning articles up her ass now :)

She's been bringing the game into disrepute. shall we ban her for a year.

Glad that's over now. Will the defamation cases flow?

No - Because the ruling was due to insufficient evidence... that does not mean it did not happen and just because the players are in the clear but the club still has shit to deal with from the Saga.

The system works :clap: :clap: :clap:

Justice prevails :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cadete? Any comment? :)

Well my first comment is that my main argument with you about the whole the saga was your constant reference to Geelong being implicated besides having no evidence so its not like you have exactly been proven correct on what was our major argument. :hmm:

Secondly, insufficient evidence (Remember you had no evidence for you case with Geelong) is hardly a great way to get off... but I doubt you have any great understanding of the legal system so I let that one pass. :hmm:

Thirdly, you may have been cleared due to insufficient evidence of cheating recently as a subpar team but its still a simple fact that Essendon cheated the Salary Cap and there was so much evidence you were fined for cheating when you won the flag in 1993. :hmm:

So as far I am concerned this whole saga was not about whether Essendon were cheats but whether you cheated again. :up:

Finally I should add I hate Carlton and I hate Essendon.

However I begrudgingly respect that at least Carlton fans know they are kents and cheats and they are actually proud of it and do not try to pretend their club plays within the rules... in a sense they are a bit like the Liberal Party which makes sense considering who was their most famous supporter in their history.

However the same thing does not apply for a very particular type of Essendon fan like yourself, as for some reason you think that your shit can never stink and that you are always in right no matter what the circumstances.

The reality is that your shit does stink and it actually stinks as bad as Carlton's but at least when Carlton chuck a shit they don't flush and they leave it there to piss everybody else because they are proud of what they have done.

You blokes try to flush but in the end you just leave skid marks that everybody can always still see... so your don't fool anybody with you righteous crap.

EDIT - Looking forward to your walk of shame and fifty bucks mate.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 4

No - Because the ruling was due to insufficient evidence... that does not mean it did not happen and just because the players are in the clear but the club still has shit to deal with from the Saga.

Well my first comment is that my main argument with you about the whole the saga was your constant reference to Geelong being implicated besides having no evidence so its not like you have exactly been proven correct on what was our major argument. :hmm:

Secondly, insufficient evidence (Remember you had no evidence for you case with Geelong) is hardly a great way to get off... but I doubt you have any great understanding of the legal system so I let that one pass. :hmm:

Thirdly, you may have been cleared due to insufficient evidence of cheating recently as a subpar team but its still a simple fact that Essendon cheated the Salary Cap and there was so much evidence you were fined for cheating when you won the flag in 1993. :hmm:

So as far I am concerned this whole saga was not about whether Essendon were cheats but whether you cheated again. :up:

However I begrudgingly respect that at least Carlton fans know they are kents and cheats and they are actually proud of it and do not try to pretend their club plays within the rules... in a sense they are a bit like the Liberal Party which makes sense considering who was their most famous supporter in their history.

However the same thing does not apply for a very particular type of Essendon fan like yourself, as for some reason you think that your shit can never stink and that you are always in right no matter what the circumstances.

The reality is that your shit does stink and it actually stinks as bad as Carlton's but at least when Carlton chuck a shit they don't flush and they leave it there to piss everybody else because they are proud of what they have done.

You blokes try to flush but in the end you just leave skid marks that everybody can always still see... so your don't fool anybody with you righteous crap.

What was the $50 for again?

Glad that's over now. Will the defamation cases flow? No - Because the ruling was due to insufficient evidence... that does not mean it did not happen and just because the players are in the clear but the club still has shit to deal with from the Saga.

What was the $50 for again?

He said JVS would get us to finish Top Four by the end of the Regular Fixture. :droy:

If it makes people like yourself happy that getting off due to 'insufficient evidence' is 'hardly a great way to get off' then so be it. We put up with ASADA's bullshit for 2 years, were completely compliant with all their request in regards to access to players, staff, coaches ext and they weren't able to prove shit. I don't know what else you want us to do? Here are the facts mate in case you missed it:

The Tribunal was not comfortably satisfied that any player was administered Thymosin Beta-4.

The Tribunal was not comfortably satisfied that any player violated clause 11.2 of the AFL Anti-Doping Code.

Love all the vitriol you're talking about essendon too. Keep it going! Nothing makes me happier then hearing how much you hate our club, and yet if it wasn't for one of out greatest sons, your club would still be irrelevant as all shit! Sure, we might be arrogant but we win, unlike your club who did fuck all for what, 40 years before some of that arrogant attitude helped you's break your premiership drought.

Also you might want to check the terms of our bet mate, before sounding like a complete dickhead. Heres a link to what we agreed on, in case you forgot: 

P.S. I'll be there mate, still a bit of season left to be played, might be able to sneak 5th place. I very much doubt you'll be there though. You seem to do your best work behind a keyboard :up:

If it makes people like yourself happy that getting off due to 'insufficient evidence' is 'hardly a great way to get off' then so be it. We put up with ASADA's bullshit for 2 years, were completely compliant with all their request in regards to access to players, staff, coaches ext and they weren't able to prove shit. I don't know what else you want us to do? Here are the facts mate in case you missed it:

The Tribunal was not comfortably satisfied that any player was administered Thymosin Beta-4.

The Tribunal was not comfortably satisfied that any player violated clause 11.2 of the AFL Anti-Doping Code.

Love all the vitriol you're talking about essendon too. Keep it going! Nothing makes me happier then hearing how much you hate our club, and yet if it wasn't for one of out greatest sons, your club would still be irrelevant as all shit! Sure, we might be arrogant but we win, unlike your club who did fuck all for what, 40 years before some of that arrogant attitude helped you's break your premiership drought.

Also you might want to check the terms of our bet mate, before sounding like a complete dickhead. Heres a link to what we agreed on, in case you forgot: 

P.S. I'll be there mate, still a bit of season left to be played, might be able to sneak 5th place. I very much doubt you'll be there though. You seem to do your best work behind a keyboard :up:

1. Its not vitriol that your club was fined for breaking the Salary Cap in 1993 the year you also won the Premiership that is just a simple fact written into AFL history. :up:

2. Who cares that Thompson played for Essendon, your club was also dormant for almost 40 years until you recruited a coach who played for Richmond does that mean that your four flags (Including the one you won cheating the Salary Cap) should be attributed to Richmond? Yep - Strong Logic Mate :up:

3. Thompson did not solely win us those flags he played a major role but equally did Wells recruiting, Costa presidency, Cooks saving of the club's finances and Balme's management of the list and a strong Leadership Group amongst the playing group.

4. In fact many Geelong Insiders (I dont use this term lightly because I cant name my source out of respect) could argue Thompson lost us a flag in 2008 by having no plan B and not making any changes to the forward line in the GF. ESP when you consider that it was his bad attitude that saw Nathan Ablett who would of been in that forward line instead of Lonergan quit football early. (Remember Nathan was getting better each game and kicked four goals in the 2007 GF).

They also argue the fact that Geelong should have at least made the 2010 GF and possibly won that flag but Thompson attitude towards Garry Ablett upset the balance of the team throughout the entire year. Its also pretty much fact that Gary Ablett would have stayed if had not been for Thompson and the 2011 Flag tends to points towards some weight to all three of the arguments that are made about Thompson. 

I can assure you whatever cadete says here he will also say to face.

6. Seriously I had to LOL at the Keyboard Warrior Comments because firstly who the fuck you are??? :hmm:

Nobody even knows...

And two I think all those on here (And there are a few) who hate, like, or are just indifferent to me would all probably agree with me when I say that my worst character flaw is being the opposite of a Keyboard Warrior and having a habit of causing Public Confrontations with PPL when I should just stay away.

Anyway like I said ask for Cadete... and they will point you to me mate. :up:

I actually think is not a bad result. Getting convictions without positive tests was always going to be difficult and I think most fair minded people considered Essendon as guilty and the players as their victims. Essendon were punished already.

How the bloke who presided over it can still have his job is a mystery, I presume he's one hell of a photographer.

Anyway hopefully I won't have to listen to that oxygen thief Robo go on and on about it anymore.

Year of da r00 boyz.

It needs to be... We have been told by the Media that Norf have been coming for four years and you now have the third oldest list in the League, you have some good players that need to erase the small question marks next to their names now or never. 

Barring injuries I reckon if Hawthorn and Sydney older bodies slow down (As some should) Port Adelaide are best primed for this season as the up comer to improve and win the competition. (Its genuinely five/six years olds that take out the Cup.)

Geelong dont look as bad as I thought they would but its still going to be frustrating seeing us lose more games that we used to always find a way to win. I will be happy with a lower finals position considering the age of our list and the amount of heavy lifting some of our older players will have to do again to win the closer games.

NOTE: Also I liked to say that besides my feelings towards the Infamous Kaiser of Hearts - I really hope this is the end of the Essendon shit because there are a number of decent Essendon PPL (Some that I know through MHFC as well) that don't deserve anymore of this crap.

Least of all my own Ascot Vale breed Grandfather who has had a pretty hard year already.

Edited by cadete

I'm confident we will make the 8 this season barring an injury crisis. Feel like there's so much talent in the midfield/on-the-ball with Goddard, Watson, Heppell (even though I think he is overrated as fuck), Cooney, Chapman, Zaharakis etc. that we won't lose more than 1-2 games where we are considered favourites. If all the players I listed stay fit and play close to 20 games I think we should honestly be considered for a Top 4 spot.

I'm confident we will make the 8 this season barring an injury crisis. Feel like there's so much talent in the midfield/on-the-ball with Goddard, Watson, Heppell (even though I think he is overrated as fuck), Cooney, Chapman, Zaharakis etc. that we won't lose more than 1-2 games where we are considered favourites. If all the players I listed stay fit and play close to 20 games I think we should honestly be considered for a Top 4 spot.

That is interesting what you think about Heppell...

The Haircut (Which looks shocking in a suit at Caulfield Young Members FWIW), the tendency of Bombers fans to overate blokes (See Gavin Wanganeen) plus a few other things has always made me always want to write him of as a Seagull.

However, from what I saw of him last Season I have had to concede that he is a very very good player both inside and out and I even would take him over Dangerfield if Geelong could cherry pick a youngish midfielder from any other club.

Edited by cadete

That is interesting what you think about Heppell...

The Haircut (Which looks shocking in a suit at Caulfield Young Members FWIW), the tendency of Bombers fans to overate blokes (See Gavin Wanganeen) plus a few other things has always made me always want to write him of as a Seagull.

However, from what I saw of him last Season I have had to concede that he is a very very good player both inside and out and I even would take him over Dangerfield if Geelong could cherry pick a youngish midfielder from any other club.

Ridiculous how many handball receives he gets from Jobe. Been like that his whole career. What's irked me is that If he didn't have the hair/look he wouldn't be as popular. I know every team needs outside players and I do respect his ability to find the footy and his disposal is good. But you'll rarely see the bloke successfully fly into packs or even win a 1on1 where he doesn't have a head start.

And on your Wanganeen point, I think Bombers fans just loved having an indigenous player who was consistent lol.

• hedaik locked this topic