Melbourne Football

AFL 2015 Season

hedaik

Would have been rather interesting if Freo had have gone on to win last years flag.

Flags tainted by drugs... that's never happened.

947102-3x2-340x227.jpg

There is an enormous difference in a sporting context between performance enhancing and recreational drugs.

Would have been rather interesting if Freo had have gone on to win last years flag.

947102-3x2-340x227.jpg

There is an enormous difference in a sporting context between performance enhancing and recreational drugs.

Yep, recreational drugs make you play better.

947102-3x2-340x227.jpg

Yep, recreational drugs make you play better.

LOL - If you think it was only recreational drugs going on at the WCE back in those days... Judd would not have left if it was just Recreational that is very common knowledge these days.

Do you remember how they use to win games?

Causing Clearances and then using their Midfielders intense Gut Running and speed to run and kick quick goals or conversely get into the forward 50 with such intense pace that that even guys like Lynch and Hansen could find themselves in enough space to kick goals.

Sounds like it was a painkiller that wasn't prescribed by the team doctor and was given to him by his mum. He should still be banned for it and he'll still go down as a cheat in the eyes of opposition fans, but I'm somewhat happy that I wasn't cheering a guy who was using it to enhance his performance and was just using something to get over an injury (if that is indeed true)

I guess thats the risk you take when you draft players from Essendon recruitment zones. 

Sounds like it was a painkiller that wasn't prescribed by the team doctor and was given to him by his mum. He should still be banned for it and he'll still go down as a cheat in the eyes of opposition fans, but I'm somewhat happy that I wasn't cheering a guy who was using it to enhance his performance and was just using something to get over an injury (if that is indeed true)

I guess thats the risk you take when you draft players from Essendon recruitment zones. 

LOL - An Interstate Club had not even won a Flag yet since Essendon (And the other Victorian Teams) last had Recruitment Zones.

LOL - An Interstate Club had not even won a Flag yet since Essendon (And the other Victorian Teams) last had Recruitment Zones.

Yeah I know, I wish we still did have recruitment zones, we'd kill it. 

Yeah I know, I wish we still did have recruitment zones, we'd kill it. 

Of course you would kill it...

It be a more minor version of 92/94 all over again like when the Eagles got Zone Selections from 1987 all the way up to 1994 from a AFL state of almost Two Million and the rest of the other 14 clubs had to deal with competing for a pool of say Five to Six Million.

I remember one day bitter WCE fans ringing up 6PR in the Judge Years complaining that the team was shit because of Victorians ruining the League and the even most biased Pro-Eagles Commenters (George, Karl, ETC) themselves having to admit that was not the case and that the AFL did everything it could for 92/94 to happen.

NOTE: Also as a Souf fan you are meant to hate recruitment zones... if I had a dollar for everytime a Dogs fan has complained to me about East's Recruitment Zone I would have about $500 by now.

Edited by cadete

I was probably too young to know what was going on with recruitment zones when I went to games, my dad never complained about it though. 

My only complaint was that most of the Eagles champions from 92/94 were all from South such as Worsfold, Jakovich, Sumich, Matera, Hart.

I thought it was innocent until proven guilty in this country?

Guess i was wrong :)

Nice comeback John Gotti. :up:

tsk tsk tsk, March 30th we'll all see i guess won't we?

I'd be more worried if my team was relying on someone to take them deep into the finals who has a history of being mentally unstable  :unsure:

I'd be more worried if my team was relying on someone to take them deep into the finals who has a history of being mentally unstable  :unsure:

First of, I haven't heard one Geelong fan who actually knows a little bit about football who has been talking about us going deep into finals...

The general consensus is that making sixth or seventh would be a solid result considering the transitional period at the club over the past couple of years and the fact we now have one of the league's youngest lists.

More importantly why are you so biased towards Essendon or just unaware of Modern Day Fucken Medicine that to you somebody who has had Clinical Depression in your book should therefore be labelled "Mentally Unstable" and called a greater risk than the biggest Doping Saga in AFL History??? :droy:

Its a common fact these days that 45% of Australians have experienced Depression at some time in their life.

Now considering half of the Essendon Playing List are therefore already prone to Depression just statistically: :hmm:

And the majority of list currently don't know if they will have a job in a few months time, plus most of these guys are not skilled at other jobs than Footy... :hmm:

I think its a pretty safe bet that there are currently more players on the Essendon list than those on the Geelong list that are dealing with a bit of Depression at the moment... Or for the misinformed retards like yourself that should therefore be apparently labelled "Mentally Unstable". :up:

NOTE: Also before you write about stuff like Mental Illness or Politics I reckon you should do yourself and everyone else on here a favour and give a site called Wikipedia a read before you sprout this kind of crap.

Edited by cadete

Sounds like it was a painkiller that wasn't prescribed by the team doctor and was given to him by his mum. He should still be banned for it and he'll still go down as a cheat in the eyes of opposition fans, but I'm somewhat happy that I wasn't cheering a guy who was using it to enhance his performance and was just using something to get over an injury (if that is indeed true)

I'd be more worried if my team was relying on someone to take them deep into the finals who has a history of being mentally unstable :unsure:

This may be your worst ever post!!

First of, I haven't heard one Geelong fan who actually knows a little bit about football who has been talking about us going deep into finals...

The general consensus is that making sixth or seventh would be a solid result considering the transitional period at the club over the past couple of years and the fact we now have one of the league's youngest lists.

More importantly why are you so biased towards Essendon or just unaware of Modern Day Fucken Medicine that to you somebody who has had Clinical Depression in your book should therefore be labelled "Mentally Unstable" and called a greater risk than the biggest Doping Saga in AFL History??? :droy:

Its a common fact these days that 45% of Australians have experienced Depression at some time in their life.

Now considering half of the Essendon Playing List are therefore already prone to Depression just statistically: :hmm:

And the majority of list currently don't know if they will have a job in a few months time, plus most of these guys are not skilled at other jobs than Footy... :hmm:

I think its a pretty safe bet that there are currently more players on the Essendon list than those on the Geelong list that are dealing with a bit of Depression at the moment... Or for the misinformed retards like yourself that should therefore be apparently labelled "Mentally Unstable". :up:

NOTE: Also before you write about stuff like Mental Illness or Politics I reckon you should do yourself and everyone else on here a favour and give a site called Wikipedia a read before you sprout this kind of crap.

First of all, my statement was just a bit of banter (which i didn't expect this type of reaction)

Secondly, why the overreaction? Whether it offends you are you think that i'm misinformed about the issue where i've seen a family friend not being able to get out of bed due to it, I bet if i had said something like "Geelong won't win cause of all the effnicks in there team lol" I would've gotten a pat on the ass and 80 likes. I guess racism is fine but making fun of people of depression on here is where you draw the line right?

Thirdly, if your team was in the same position as we were, i couldn't not imagine someone like yourself simply accepting the facts and rolling over. Yes, we're probably fucked but fuck it, go down swinging i say. (FWIW i've actually used some of your arguments against us when talking about the drug saga with my mates)

And what was wrong with my original comment anyway? It might not of been worded in a PC manner but Mitch Clark walked away from football last time due to his depression, if he walks away again you guys are fucked up forward, with only the tomahawk to kick to. I still think you'll hover around 8th for the season though.

Sounds like it was a painkiller that wasn't prescribed by the team doctor and was given to him by his mum. He should still be banned for it and he'll still go down as a cheat in the eyes of opposition fans, but I'm somewhat happy that I wasn't cheering a guy who was using it to enhance his performance and was just using something to get over an injury (if that is indeed true)

Guess i was wrong :) Nice comeback John Gotti. :up:

I'd be more worried if my team was relying on someone to take them deep into the finals who has a history of being mentally unstable :unsure:

This may be your worst ever post!!

Were you around when i was talking about how to peel a banana in the old TTIM thread? Safe to say that post wouldn't even make the top 10 roff

• Like 1

First of all, my statement was just a bit of banter (which i didn't expect this type of reaction)

Secondly, why the overreaction? Whether it offends you are you think that i'm misinformed about the issue where i've seen a family friend not being able to get out of bed due to it, I bet if i had said something like "Geelong won't win cause of all the effnicks in there team lol" I would've gotten a pat on the ass and 80 likes. I guess racism is fine but making fun of people of depression on here is where you draw the line right?

Thirdly, if your team was in the same position as we were, i couldn't not imagine someone like yourself simply accepting the facts and rolling over. Yes, we're probably fucked but fuck it, go down swinging i say. (FWIW i've actually used some of your arguments against us when talking about the drug saga with my mates)

And what was wrong with my original comment anyway? It might not of been worded in a PC manner but Mitch Clark walked away from football last time due to his depression, if he walks away again you guys are fucked up forward, with only the tomahawk to kick to. I still think you'll hover around 8th for the season though.

1. You really are outdoing yourself here,  please go through my 7000 posts and find an example of me being specifically actually being genuinely Racist towards Ethnics. :hmm:

I look forward to seeing what you come up with... because not only dId I grow up in West Bloody Brunswick in the late 80's/early 90's as one of two Anglos in my class, I have many good Ethnic friends (Including my oldest friend) and then there is bloody fact that my current girlfriend is fucken Greek. :up:

2. If you think its an over reaction to thinking its unacceptable to make fun of people over them having Depression which is an illness that leads to more deaths per year than a lot more well known illnesses... well that probably goes a long way to explaining why most on here consider you one of the worst posters this forum has ever come across.

3. If I was in your position I would be accepting the club's fate like a lot of more informed Bombers fans I know like my own Grandfather. In fact I would be particularly doing so because someone close to me knows a particular Former Premier of NSW well and has spoken to him about his thoughts on the Topic. (You can do your own research into whom I am referring to there...)

4. You clearly have already exhibited that you have zero knowledge of Depression but perhaps if you can be bother reading into a Depression another common fact about Depression that you clearly dont know is that when treated properly it actually has a very high rate of recovery. (Its pretty obvious that Injuries will play a much greater part in determining Clark's career at Geelong).

Therefore your comments about Clark being a brittle prospect are once again based on a combination of your own pure lack of understanding of the topic and obviously some Mental Illness Stigma you have inherited from which ever duds you hang around that find jokes about Depression as acceptable "Bantz". :droy:

5. Geelong won as many Home and Away games as the eventual premier Hawthorn and season long flag favourite Sydney last year without Clark or Vardy and only the Tomahawk as a real key target... so I am not saying by any means we are going to be as good as we were last Season but your argument about Clark making or breaking our Season just stats wise also does not stack up.

Edited by cadete

1. You really are outdoing yourself here,  please go through my 7000 posts and find an example of me being specifically actually being genuinely Racist towards Ethnics. :hmm:

I look forward to seeing what you come up with... because not only dId I grow up in West Bloody Brunswick in the late 80's/early 90's as one of two Anglos in my class, I have many good Ethnic friends (Including my oldest friend) and then there is bloody fact that my current girlfriend is fucken Greek. :up:

Unfortuantly i don't have time to sit here and go through 7000 posts, but lets take an example of a racist post on here:

Adam Goodes does actually look like an ape.

I look through this thread and yet i don't see a post from the moral arbiter that is Cadete about how racist this comment is, yet my comment about depression just happens to set you off? Perhaps you can look up the definition of double standards? :hmm: (FWIW too i don't have a problem with the comment) When i have more time i'm more than happy to update this post because their is constant banter on here about ethinicity.

2. If you think its an over reaction to thinking its unacceptable to make fun of people over them having Depression which is an illness that leads to more deaths per year than a lot more well known illnesses... well that probably goes a long way to explaining why most on here consider you one of the worst posters this forum has ever come across.

What the fuck are you on about honestly? I'm one of the worst posters on the forum and yet you spend you're whole day writing paragraphs and constantly debating with me, if i'm such a bad fucking poster why even bother responding? No ones obliged to look at my post, if you like it read it, if you don't don't read it. But don't talk about how i'm one of the 'worst posters this forum has ever come across' then constantly do research ( it's not a 'common fact' 45% of people have depression, it's actually right on this webpage http://www.beyondblue.org.au/the-facts)to debunk my points. Contradiction much?

4. You clearly have already exhibited that you have zero knowledge of Depression but perhaps if you can be bother reading into a Depression another common fact about Depression that you clearly dont know is that when treated properly it actually has a very high rate of recovery. (Its pretty obvious that Injuries will play a much greater part in determining Clark's career at Geelong).

Therefore your comments about Clark being a brittle prospect are once again based on a combination of your own pure lack of understanding of the topic and obviously some Mental Illness Stigma you have inherited from which ever duds you hang around that find jokes about Depression as acceptable "Bantz"

Zero knowledge? Mate, everything you have said has clearly just been read off that beyond blue webpage or googled. Don't fucking lecture me about not knowing anything when clearly do not know about it as much as you let on. I wonder how knowledgeable you would be without a working internet connection?. Yes i know what depression is, i guess if my mates had made racial jokes you wouldn't of minded as much right?

Even all that shit i've just mentioned, the thing that pisses me off the most is that you don't even have the decency to keep this private. If my comment is that bad you have to write paragraph after paragraph about it, why not just send me a PM along the lines of 'hey, i didn't really approve of you last comment mate' and i would've been happy to talk with you in private.

Instead, your  ego is that massive that you had to make it public and resort to name calling like a 5 year old (is retard the best you can do?) If you have a problem with what i post, i'm more then happy to meet up with you and person and discuss with face to face. No more handbags online mate, lets act like adults (well one of us at least) and sort it out. Because guess what? I'm not going fucking anywhere. So you better just ban me now, cause i have HEAPS more to post :up:

Unfortuantly i don't have time to sit here and go through 7000 posts, but lets take an example of a racist post on here:

Adam Goodes does actually look like an ape.

I look through this thread and yet i don't see a post from the moral arbiter that is Cadete about how racist this comment is, yet my comment about depression just happens to set you off? Perhaps you can look up the definition of double standards? :hmm: (FWIW too i don't have a problem with the comment) When i have more time i'm more than happy to update this post because their is constant banter on here about ethinicity.

What the fuck are you on about honestly? I'm one of the worst posters on the forum and yet you spend you're whole day writing paragraphs and constantly debating with me, if i'm such a bad fucking poster why even bother responding? No ones obliged to look at my post, if you like it read it, if you don't don't read it. But don't talk about how i'm one of the 'worst posters this forum has ever come across' then constantly do research ( it's not a 'common fact' 45% of people have depression, it's actually right on this webpage http://www.beyondblue.org.au/the-facts)to debunk my points. Contradiction much?

Therefore your comments about Clark being a brittle prospect are once again based on a combination of your own pure lack of understanding of the topic and obviously some Mental Illness Stigma you have inherited from which ever duds you hang around that find jokes about Depression as acceptable "Bantz"

Zero knowledge? Mate, everything you have said has clearly just been read off that beyond blue webpage or googled. Don't fucking lecture me about not knowing anything when clearly do not know about it as much as you let on. I wonder how knowledgeable you would be without a working internet connection?. Yes i know what depression is, i guess if my mates had made racial jokes you wouldn't of minded as much right?

Even all that shit i've just mentioned, the thing that pisses me off the most is that you don't even have the decency to keep this private. If my comment is that bad you have to write paragraph after paragraph about it, why not just send me a PM along the lines of 'hey, i didn't really approve of you last comment mate' and i would've been happy to talk with you in private.

Instead, your  ego is that massive that you had to make it public and resort to name calling like a 5 year old (is retard the best you can do?) If you have a problem with what i post, i'm more then happy to meet up with you and person and discuss with face to face. No more handbags online mate, lets act like adults (well one of us at least) and sort it out. Because guess what? I'm not going fucking anywhere. So you better just ban me now, cause i have HEAPS more to post :up:

1. So you came up with nothing to point to being Racist on this forum... so you can now officially drop that poor argument :up:

(And FWIW if I called up someone every time for being Racist on a Aussie Sokka Forum it would be a full time job).

2. Nobody forced you to make a dumb uninformed comment on a Public Forum... it was you that chose to use a Public Forum to make such intolerant comments (And then use a public forum again to defend the making of such comments) so I really don't see why I therefore why I owe you some sort of respect to criticise these comments you made in Public in a Private Manner. :up:

3. Also believe me mate I knew everything that I said about Depression before Beyondblue was even bloody even created... and FWIW my point about Wikipedia was that sometimes before commenting on sensitive issues for someone uninformed like yourself its best to check that you actually know your facts. (Also considering I have two University Degrees - I really don't think you can mount an argument that I am solely reliant on the Internet for my knowledge).

4. Its hardly hard to find me on game day mate (Someone will point me out or tell you where I most likely are) so come have your stupid chat. I should probably warn you though that even those who really don't like me on here would have to admit that I am no Internet Warrior.

What I say online I will say to you in person - I don't think many would argue against such a statement... it has lost me a few friends along the way but that is my attitude to life.

5. Looking forward to collecting my cash of you buddy!

Edited by cadete

Thought I'd throw a few predictions out there given round 1 isn't too far away. Seems like there are a bunch of knowledgable afl fans on this forum so it'd be great to see yours as well.

Premier: Hawthorn

Wooden Spoon: St Kilda

Finals bolter: GWS

Brownlow: Gray

Coleman: Hawkins

Rising Star: Heeney

Edited by Imperial Pints

Cuzzy has now been arrested for the third time in a couple of weeks apparently...

Seriously this situation is fucked, from what I can make of the reports its clear his parents cannot even get him into any Private Hospital to deal with his shit. Clearly they all think he is too much of a liability and want nothing to do with him which literally which means he has fallen from being the most liked person in a City of 2 Million to the most unwanted.

Edited by cadete

Cuzzy has now been arrested for the third time in a couple of weeks apparently...

Seriously this situation is fucked, from what I can make of the reports its clear his parents cannot even get him into any Private Hospital to deal with his shit. Clearly they all think he is too much of a liability and want nothing to do with him which literally which means he has fallen from being the most liked person in a City of 2 Million to the most unwanted.

He's cooked.

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/ben-cousins-in-police-custody-after-mysterious-incident-20150323-1m5oep.html

rofl

Sikh priest Jasvinder Singh said he was confused when his wife called out to him, telling him a strange man was taking photographs in the temple grounds.

"He stopped his golden-brown car in the car park, he didn't come out of the car and he started calling to someone," Mr Singh said.

"After that he reversed his car over the front of my home garden in the temple.

Edited by hedaik

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/ben-cousins-in-police-custody-after-mysterious-incident-20150323-1m5oep.html

rofl

Sikh priest Jasvinder Singh said he was confused when his wife called out to him, telling him a strange man was taking photographs in the temple grounds.

"He stopped his golden-brown car in the car park, he didn't come out of the car and he started calling to someone," Mr Singh said.

FFS - Him and Kerr are going end up sharing a cell together at Casuarina... its gonna be awkward when Cousins sister comes up in conversation. 

rofl

FFS - Him and Kerr are going end up sharing a cell together at Casuarina... its gonna be awkward when Cousins sister comes up in conversation. 

He'll go out like Mainwaring.

• Like 1

rofl

He'll go out like Mainwaring.

Much more likely

Looking forward to having a Cousins Wing on top of the existing Mainwaring Wing when it happens

Poor Mainy - Even when my hate of the Eagles was at its peak I had to admit the guy really was a good bloke who always had time for the fans... he used to rock up to a lot of shitty events consisting of 200 PPL at East Fremantle just because they gave him his start.

TBH I really would not be surprised if a lot of Cousins current pain does not come from what happened to poor Mainy... Cousins was very close to him (Mainy was like his Mentor - As they both came from East Fremantle and liked to Surf) but the way Mainy's life unfolded from popular Family Man/Newsreader to eventual Heavy Drug User from his increased association with Cousins is a very sad tale.

Obviously I am sure Mainy smoked more than a few bongs in his day as a player (He was from Geraldton after all) but how he ended up passing away so young was just tragic.

Edited by cadete

Is anybody using a reliable and decent stream for the footy this season?

Lucky to watch more than 1 hour a week of TV with the baby, so thinking of scrapping Foxtel. 

I find Tbox pretty affordable as an extra on top of my Telstra Net Bill FWIW.

Lucky to watch more than 1 hour a week of TV with the baby, so thinking of scrapping Foxtel.

I find Tbox pretty affordable as an extra on top of my Telstra Net Bill FWIW.

With the shutting down of TVN is there any racing on the T Box now?

wiz1.net will usually have the footy and some matches are on BT, ESPN or Eurosport so it's not always that hard to find a stream.

• hedaik locked this topic