hedaik

AFL 2015 Season

1,082 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, bt50 said:

I thought their last one was magnificent, completely unnecessary

Jesus. One of the worst I've ever seen. Plus, Cam Schwab designed it, which is reason enough to rid ourselves of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Was pretty Bogan tbh.

But that's sort of the demographic I suppose. 

 

15 hours ago, bt50 said:

Lel. Do you even football Jimmeh? 

Melbourne fans by stereotype are the polar opposite of bogans

 

15 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I'm quite aware of the affluent stereotype, the MCC connection and their history.

Then your comment makes even less sense... ESP as the new Emblem is a clear signal to contiune to re-establish the link between the MCC and the MFC that Jimmy Stynes started pushing when he was President.

Edited by cadete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cadete said:

Then your comment makes even less sense... ESP as the new Emblem is a clear signal to contiune to re-establish the link between the MCC and the MFC that Jimmy Stynes started pushing when he was President.

The most bogan people I know are all footy heads and not a disproportionate amount of them are Melbourne supporters. Hence in my experience I have found the entire AFL demographic is fairly bogan (Melbourne fans included) and as such a bogan logo should appeal to them. 

Regardless, I admit it was a pretty shit joke but you don't have to take everything so literally det. I'm sure you can go a day without taking a shot at someone on the forum, lighten up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

The most bogan people I know are all footy heads and not a disproportionate amount of them are Melbourne supporters. Hence in my experience I have found the entire AFL demographic is fairly bogan (Melbourne fans included) and as such a bogan logo should appeal to them. 

Regardless, I admit it was a pretty shit joke but you don't have to take everything so literally det. I'm sure you can go a day without taking a shot at someone on the forum, lighten up. 

Look I just thought your generalisation of AFL fans being bogans was wrong and stupid when many of Australia's Brightest and Smartest are big AFL fans... and your qualification of your own personal experiences does not make it look any less stupid. 

I am not going to provide a massive list but the fact that John Curtin and Sir Robert Menzies were both immense AFL fans is really enough to prove my point.

Also calm down on the giving out of the directions Top Boy Jimmy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cadete said:

Also calm down on the giving out of the directions Top Boy Jimmy.

Lol there it is. Jimmy's turn to cop a personal insult from det on the forum.

It's quite ironic that you've called the likes of Horda "bullies" on here many times. 

Edited by Jimmy
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Lol there it is. Jimmy's turn to cop a personal insult from det on the forum.

It's quite ironic that you've called the likes of Horda "bullies" on here many times. 

How the fuck is Forum Banter the same as Football Violence? 

I often give my good mates shit on this Forum FWIW.

Also you are missing the whole point Jim, which is that we both know that you would never ever try offer me directions on how to act in RL and you certainly def never call me that little "det" word you find so funny.

And you see I dont do that, I call it how I see it and I only write on here what I would say to somebody in RL. This is obviously why a lot of MHFC fans have grown to hate me over the years (Not that I give a fuck) and called me many things and taken shots at my past partners, my appearance and even used my real name to try defame me on here.

However, the one thing they dont call me (Until bluntly and shortly proven otherwise) is an Internet Warrior.

 

Edited by cadete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, cadete said:

Also you are missing the whole point Jim, which is that we both know that you would never ever try offer me directions on how to act in RL and you certainly def never call me that little "det" word you find so funny. 

What an absolute load of shit. Of course I'd call you det in real life, not sure if you'd be able to see it as the bit of fun it is though. I'd also definitely tell you to lighten up.

I'm not sure why you're interpreting what I said as orders or how you've come to think I'm some sort of egotistical control freak though lol. Yes, I do think you need to learn to relax a bit, but I'm not demanding it of you or handing out instructions despite what you think. Do whatever you want, your life man.

I also wasn't talking about you "hanging shit on your mates". I was talking about your weekly pot shots at supras, S16, Melburnians etc. You can call it "forum banter" but I call it belittlement and an attempt to undermine.

Edited by Jimmy
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The old refresh button getting a good work out today. Boring Friday at work up until this point. Oh something something AFL

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

The old refresh button getting a good work out today. Boring Friday at work up until this point. Oh something something AFL

Let it go mate, you just need to get your head around the fact that Essendon are drug cheats.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bt50 said:

Let it go mate, you just need to get your head around the fact that Essendon are drug cheats.

Hahaha. Please don't tell me he still thinks they're all completely innocent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

What an absolute load of shit. Of course I'd call you det in real life, not sure if you'd be able to see it as the bit of fun it is though. I'd also definitely tell you to lighten up.

I'm not sure why you're interpreting what I said as orders or how you've come to think I'm some sort of egotistical control freak though lol. Yes, I do think you need to learn to relax a bit, but I'm not demanding it of you or handing out instructions despite what you think. Do whatever you want, your life man.

I also wasn't talking about you "hanging shit on your mates". I was talking about your weekly pot shots at supras, S16, Melburnians etc. You can call it "forum banter" but I call it belittlement and an attempt to undermine.

So you and your Melburnian mates likes think I have been trying to undermine and belittle Melburnians? :hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, cadete said:

So you and your Melburnian mates likes think I have been trying to undermine and belittle Melburnians? :hmm:

To be frank I couldn't give a fuck personally what your opinions are because you aren't a member of the terrace. But some of the shit you post can come across as counter productive. Would I be doing the same thing if I was in your position? If im honest probably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

The old refresh button getting a good work out today. Boring Friday at work up until this point. Oh something something AFL

I kicked a footy once. I swear it nearly went 50 metres after a favourable bounce. My mate was there, he saw the whole thing.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bazzatron said:

I kicked a footy once. I swear it nearly went 50 metres after a favourable bounce. My mate was there, he saw the whole thing.

Kim Jong Il once shot 34 at Pyongyang Golf Course. Confirmed by all 37 of his body guard.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Kim Jong Il once shot 34 at Pyongyang Golf Course. Confirmed by all 37 of his body guard.

With no fewer than 11 holes in one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck me. What was he doing for 23 on the other 7 holes. Debacle.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Fuck me. What was he doing for 23 on the other 7 holes. Debacle.

You're off topic mate. Get back to footy or else I'll have you banned.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cadete said:

So you and your Melburnian mates likes think I have been trying to undermine and belittle Melburnians? :hmm:

I'm driving to the big smoke atm and I can only speak for myself but the short answer is yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, bazzatron said:

You're off topic mate. Get back to footy or else I'll have you banned.

Give it a rest Bazzatron, you're washed up!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bazzatron said:

I have connections!

And at the end of the day, connections are what really matters.

Theres a lesson in that kids.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I'm driving to the big smoke atm and I can only speak for myself but the short answer is yes.

Seriously mate you are fucken clueless...

Come have your chat with "det" in RL we can discuss all the things I haven't said about Melburnians and some other stuff that I can't say on here.

 

 

Edited by cadete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, cadete said:

Seriously mate you are fucken clueless...

Come have your chat with "det" in RL we can discuss all the things I haven't said about Melburnians and some other stuff that I can't say on here.

Won't be able to fit you in this week between the family and catching up with mates at halftime but you're welcome to come see me any other week you like :up:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, cadete said:

Seriously mate you are fucken clueless...

Come have your chat with "det" in RL we can discuss all the things I haven't said about Melburnians and some other stuff that I can't say on here.

 

9 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Won't be able to fit you in this week between the family and catching up with mates at halftime but you're welcome to come see me any other week you like :up:

I have got better things to do tonight than go to the match, but I make sure to take up your offer soon...

 

Edited by cadete
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Det vs Jimmy at the imp?

Can we sell tickets? Get the match on paper view?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

Det vs Jimmy at the imp?

Can we sell tickets? Get the match on paper view?

I've got to have my fights with MUTD/MLBHRT/ESSND and Martuex first. Plus there's the KD. vs. tomby and a few others that people would much rather see.

Besides, I'm definitely regretting standing up for some of the people I did atm. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13 November 2015 at 2:28:59 PM, bt50 said:

Kim Jong Il once shot 34 at Pyongyang Golf Course. Confirmed by all 37 of his body guard.

Can confirm he shot 34 on the golf course, however there appears to be some confusion, the 34 were members of his family.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

Can confirm he shot 34 on the golf course, however there appears to be some confusion, the 34 were members of his family.

Touché 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lel, anyone got any idea why Damien Hardwick deserves a new deal at this stage?

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Lel, anyone got any idea why Damien Hardwick deserves a new deal at this stage?

Richmond are probably the most laughable club in the whole AFL. Can see almost every other club in the AFL winning a flag before they finally break their drought. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Lel, anyone got any idea why Damien Hardwick deserves a new deal at this stage?

The only thing I can think of is that because AFL theory on what makes a Good Coach has gone from putting too much emphasis on someone being a Champion Player on to someone having being a Tough Backpocket Type of Player. (Which is probably a better theory but hardly that much more advanced than the first one.)

I think its also helped Brad Scott throughout his tenure as well TBH, however his a much better coach than Hardwick and I feel kind of sorry for him though because I actually think he is getting pretty much as most as he can out of his players but the reality is that he will eventually end up getting sacked just due to the time he is in the job without a flag because he doesn't have the right spread of players age group wise.

Hardwick on the other hand if he is as tough and uncompromising as the Media likes to portray him (I tend to feel the media is pretty Pro-Dimmer) in my opinion has still not completely installed a Team Culture at Richmond which does not show cracks from time to time.

The one thing that I will never understand is the Pro-Buckley "His building a team" agenda a lot of media follow (In particular when Collingwood string a few wins against nothing sides early in year). As far as I am concerned Buckley is the AFL equivalent of JVS in his arrogance that he is always right even when the side loses and his inability to manage players of different personality types.

Edited by cadete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cadete said:

The only thing I can think of is that because AFL theory on what makes a Good Coach has gone from putting too much emphasis on someone being a Champion Player on to someone having being a Tough Backpocket Type of Player. (Which is probably a better theory but hardly that much more advanced than the first one.)

I think its also helped Brad Scott throughout his tenure as well TBH, however I feel kind of sorry for him though because I actually think he is getting pretty much as most as he can out of his players but the reality is that he will eventually end up getting sacked just due to the time he is in the job without a flag because he doesn't have the right spread of players age group wise.

Hardwick on the other hand if he is as tough and uncompromising as the Media likes to portray him (I tend to feel the media is pretty Pro-Dimmer) in my opinion has still not completely installed a Team Culture at Richmond which does not show cracks from time to time.

The one thing that I will never understand is the Pro-Buckley "His building a team" agenda a lot of media follow (In particular when Collingwood string a few wins against nothing sides early in year). As far as I am concerned Buckley is the AFL equivalent of JVS in his arrogance that he is always right even when the side loses and his inability to manage players of different personality types.

The obvious answer he has been reappointed is that they are trying to remove the heat if they start badly next season, being the last season of his deal. A three year deal indicates the club won't sack him, hence the journos find it ta bit harder to 'smell blood' and push the story.

Not a bad tactic generally, but for someone like Dimma who has had three consecutive finals finishes after a rebuild, twice of those finishing 5th, only to be completely humiliated in all three of those finals its a very dangerous tactic. Make no mistake if the Tigers crash next season the supporters will be baying for blood and they'll end up costing themselves a shitload in coach payouts.

Also fwiw, I was leaning towards not resigning Brad Scott at the midpoint of 2015, however the way he changed it up and came back an improved coach after his 5 weeks out was really impressive and imo, thoroughly deserved his extension on the back of the second half of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bt50 said:

The obvious answer he has been reappointed is that they are trying to remove the heat if they start badly next season, being the last season of his deal. A three year deal indicates the club won't sack him, hence the journos find it ta bit harder to 'smell blood' and push the story.

Not a bad tactic generally, but for someone like Dimma who has had three consecutive finals finishes after a rebuild, twice of those finishing 5th, only to be completely humiliated in all three of those finals its a very dangerous tactic. Make no mistake if the Tigers crash next season the supporters will be baying for blood and they'll end up costing themselves a shitload in coach payouts.

The other thing is the reasons they lost two of the three finals IMO are not Team Depth issues either but rather to do with Mental Toughness... which comes directly from the Coach.

In the 90's you could argue Coach should be sacked due to drafting/trading decisions as they had about 50% of the say in such things but these days they have experts around them to make the bulk of these decisions.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cadete said:

The other thing is the reasons they lost two of the three finals IMO are not Team Depth issues either but rather to do with Mental Toughness... which comes directly from the Coach.

In the 90's you could argue Coach should be sacked due to drafting/trading decisions as they had about 50% of the say in such things but these days they have experts around them to make the bulk of these decisions.

Not dissimilar to old mate JVS...

Although I do think Richmond's depth is poo as well tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bt50 said:

Not dissimilar to old mate JVS...

Although I do think Richmond's depth is poo as well tho.

True, but it should have accounted for the Carlton Final and this years final was winnable as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, cadete said:

True, but it should have accounted for the Carlton Final and this years final was winnable as well. 

still my all-time favourite AFL game I've attended, winning a final after finishing 9th was just too funny

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cadete said:

The only thing I can think of is that because AFL theory on what makes a Good Coach has gone from putting too much emphasis on someone being a Champion Player on to someone having being a Tough Backpocket Type of Player. (Which is probably a better theory but hardly that much more advanced than the first one.)

Also known as the Kevin Sheedy Effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How the heck do you let Dustin Martin hold you to ransom for a whole season, then pay him significantly over his actual value, then indirectly encourage this sort of behavior through a lack of serious punishment? He fucks up once a month and that's just what you see in the media. Sending a great message to the rest of the list and in particular the young players that they can do whatever they want. If I was on the board he'd have already been gone and if I  was a supporter I'd be livid.

Richmond proving they're a joke of a club again and again. 

Pretty glad we have bucks if only for the fact that he makes a decided effort to stamp out this sort of shit.

Edited by Jimmy
5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

How the heck do you let Dustin Martin hold you to ransom for a whole season, then pay him significantly over his actual value, then indirectly encourage this sort of behavior through a lack of serious punishment? He fucks up once a month and that's just what you see in the media. Sending a great message to the rest of the list and in particular the young players that they can do whatever they want. If I was on the board he'd have already been gone and if I  was a supporter I'd be livid.

Richmond proving they're a joke of a club again and again. 

Pretty glad we have bucks if only for the fact that he makes a decided effort to stamp out this sort of shit.

This is the exact reason why I can't understand the Media's argument to re-sign Hardwick...

He has been there for numerous seasons now and the team still has Culture Issues and are brittle when it comes to matches that really matter so why re-sign him now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.