Melbourne Football

AFL 2014 Season

toogood18

Subbed out Clay Smith in his first game. Was on track for 3 votes and the Rising Star award nom. 4 goals too.

Fucken idiot macca. Subs off a young hard nut who had the pill on a string and brings in Jarrad 'im the softest, most outside, hate getting the hard ball' Grant.

We looked good through the midfield at times but Cox/Natters dominated the ruck. Minson just can't match it with the top tier. Huge problems going forward. No targets deep and a very unimposing Half forward line.

Gonna be a fucken long season for the Scray... :(

So fucking cut this weekend. Anyone wanna come torch Windy Hill with me, before moving onto to the Victory Shop???

Gladly.

Collywobbles started already. Wheels have fallen off/season is over before it has even begun. Need to quickly devise 5-7 year plan to get back to where we were at in 2010. Start picking up some good numbers in the draft. Just kidding.

But seriously.

Scarlett laying out Hayden "gonna annoy ya an kick goals on ya" Ballantyne was fair awesome tbh. Have a feeling MRP will make a exhibition of him. Bring back the biffo, ffs..

Scarlett laying out Hayden "gonna annoy ya an kick goals on ya" Ballantyne was fair awesome tbh. Have a feeling MRP will make a exhibition of him. Bring back the biffo, ffs..

Reckon he'll get 4 weeks, MRP will treat any intenional face contact rough, and yeh I agree being round 1 would love to make an example of him.

Edited by jdavisheart

Does anyone else get a feeling that the media a fair while ago decided they want Hawthorn to win the flag this season?

It's like being in fucken Italy.

Mmm, noticed this aswell. Oh well, I'm sure the Cats don't want to be favourites just as much as Collingwood do. Let them enjoy favouritism but then watch them stumble at the final hurdle.

Want a Cats v Pies grand final rematch so bad.

Glorious, see how he ended the punch beyond the target, perfection.

lol'd so fucking hard.

For me - this is the best hit ever in the AFL, just because my dad always posts it to Dermy on facebook. Trolls so hard

This is also good, if you're into local footy - keep your eyes on 35 in purple - what a fuckwit....

Edited by marteaux

Lol: Fucken Wosha, even with my hate of everything WCE is one of the few things that I respected about that club.

A Fremantle Boy (The closest thing to a Victorian over there) hence his attitude on the field.

Ablett Snr also lined up Wosh for a good shirt front as well - Most likely on Youtube these days as well.

This is also good, if you're into local footy - keep your eyes on 35 in purple - what a fuckwit....

Crazy shit, 35 is a f*cking thug.

This is a pretty good one Wakelin vs Lynch grand final 04'.

This was back when Port Adelaide and Brisbane were actually half decent...

Edited by tomby

Ah this fight, was there on the day still remember it now... BT goes off his head in the Triple M commentary box. Words can't describe my hate for Jake King the little bastard.

Think you need to watch the video without your collingwood glasses on mate. King gave him a gut punch off the ball. So what? He gets rubbed out for 2-3weeks. Didak is notorious for cheap shots himself, the niggling little cunt. The rest of it all was initiated %100 by the collingwood players diving in on King, kneeing/punching him in the head during the 'tackle' afterwards. Tarkyn Lockyer is actually the fucken dog that started that shit. Didak should have squared king up later on, on/off the ball or it should have been left for the Tribunal. Simple.

Btw that video is nothing but a glorified wrestle in the end.

• Like 1

Although scarlett is a champion and all for laying out Ballantine, Geelong play hawthorn this week and thought of Lonergan picking up Buddy makes me cringe.

Salzy,

Tommy played on Buddy all three times last year and beat him each time.

On Easter Monday Hawthorn came out and were killing us with Taylor in all sorts of trouble.

It was when Tommy was moved onto Buddy that the game changed and we ended up winning it pretty convincingly.

He was BOG that day and beat Buddy the next match and was beating him in the final match until Buddy went of injured.

I am def not saying the same will happen this week – I think the seven game run may come to an end. And of course not having Scarlett’s rebound and smarts will still hurt us.

He kicked 2 on him the first time,

4 the next time a game we won despite playing terribly....

And the last game he picked up 4 - 2 of those when it was all over.

Anyway controlling Buddy so we won the game is what mattered... :)

Edited by cadete

How old are ya mate? How tall? Bulky or skinny for your size? Agressive? Hows your vertical leap? Strong hands?

Can't really hand out too much advice without some info..

I've never played before but i'm a decent kick and catch. I'm 6'2" but the tallest on my team and have an okay jump. Nothing overly spectacular. I'm pretty average build. Probably closer to skinny then bulky. I only found out I'm on the team last night after the coach came and begged me to play. It's my younger brothers team.

I've never played before but i'm a decent kick and catch mark. I'm 6'2" but the tallest on my team and have an okay jump. Nothing overly spectacular. I'm pretty average build. Probably closer to skinny then bulky. I only found out I'm on the team last night after the coach came and begged me to play. It's my younger brothers team.

Ok . right. So being a bit newer/nervous to the role the aggression wont come straight away but that's something you will need to build into your game as Ruckman need a bit of cunt in them to be effective.

Because you've never played the position before you will need to remember 3 very important things

1. Listen- Your mids will be milling/moving around while the ball in bounced/thrown and you will be looking up at the ball. Listen to which area their calls are coming from. Ask them to be VERY loud so you know where they are. You want to palm/hit the ball towards that voice.

2.Observe- is your opponent right or left handed? what leg does he jump off? does he generally hit the ball to one particular favourite area(most do)? Does he try and body you out before he jumps or does he only have eyes for the ball? Use this to your advantage. Work around/with this info to find his weaknesses and work smarter not harder.

3. Play your game- You will get beaten at times tomorrow. Keep your head up. You are tallish, athletic and have reasonable hands. Jump high, early and keep your eye on the pill. BACK YOURSELF. Dont get sucked into a wrestle at throw ins. Play the ball.

4.Throw ins- In your attacking 50:Try and palm it to the blokes in front of you who are trying to run onto the ball or hit it into the corrider, towards the goals.

In defensive 50: ALWAYS SMACK it away from goal and towards the boundary. Never into the corridor.

Mate, have a crack and keep your chin up is the best advice really.

Edited by Braveheart

Ok . right. So being a bit newer/nervous to the role the aggression wont come straight away but that's something you will need to build into your game as Ruckman need a bit of cunt in them to be effective.

Because you've never played the position before you will need to remember 4 very important things

1. Listen- Your mids will be milling/moving around while the ball in bounced/thrown and you will be looking up at the ball. Listen to which area their calls are coming from. Ask them to be VERY loud so you know where they are. You want to palm/hit the ball towards that voice.

2.Observe- is your opponent right or left handed? what leg does he jump off? does he generally hit the ball to one particular favourite area(most do)? Does he try and body you out before he jumps or does he only have eyes for the ball? Use this to your advantage. Work around/with this info to find his weaknesses and work smarter not harder.

3. Play your game- You will get beaten at times tomorrow. Keep your head up. You are tallish, athletic and have reasonable hands. Jump high, early and keep your eye on the pill. BACK YOURSELF. Dont get sucked into a wrestle at throw ins. Play the ball.

4.Throw ins- In your attacking 50:Try and palm it to the blokes in front of you who are trying to run onto the ball or hit it into the corrider, towards the goals.

In defensive 50: ALWAYS SMACK it away from goal and towards the boundary. Never into the corridor.

Mate, have a crack and keep your chin up is the best advice really.

Thanks mate x 10000

Edited by Braveheart

Number one.

Don't let him beat you all the time.

He can win some hit outs. But if he starts to dominate. Then just start to jump into him. Make him feel it every time. Jump into him again. Knees into hips/thighs.

Two. You don't have to hit the ball to your mids every time. Maybe even none at all. Just as long as he isn't either.

If you make the ball land on the ground where it was thrown up. You win. Let the mids get the ball seeing its now in dispute.

Three. Run around and have fun. Take lots of marks. Get cheap kicks behind the play.