Melbourne Football

AFL 2014 Season

toogood18

Speechless. Head is spinning. 

Good or bad?

Don't know yet. This is RE: the Boyd trade btw. I'm a dogs man.

This could be a colossal over investment in a classic Footscray fuckup by putting almost every egg we have and are going to have in a basket that comes with great reviews but nobody really knows if it can hold the weight OR a ballsy move that we need: the likes of which my club hasn't had the stones to pull the trigger on in the past.

Still a bit shellshocked.

• Like 1

Griffen HAD to go but throwing pick 4 away as well is a huge gamble, especially when you're getting a guy who is unproven at senior level.

For all the wraps he's gotten, I'm praying for you guys that he isn't another Jack Watts but good on 'em for being bold.

Good or bad?

Don't know yet. This is RE: the Boyd trade btw. I'm a dogs man.

This could be a colossal over investment in a classic Footscray fuckup by putting almost every egg we have and are going to have in a basket that comes with great reviews but nobody really knows if it can hold the weight OR a ballsy move that we need: the likes of which my club hasn't had the stones to pull the trigger on in the past.

Think you should be thrilled. Sure Griffen was clearly your teams best player but the bulldogs probably weren't going to win a flag during his career. You now have the hottest property as a key forward something your club has lacked for a very long time. You now have a chance to build a forward line around Boyd for the next decade.

Good or bad? Don't know yet. This is RE: the Boyd trade btw. I'm a dogs man.

Think you should be thrilled. Sure Griffen was clearly your teams best player but the bulldogs probably weren't going to win a flag during his career. You now have the hottest property as a key forward something your club has lacked for a very long time. You now have a chance to build a forward line around Boyd for the next decade.

I am thrilled. Point blank.

but I am worried that $1m a year for such a long time for a player who is essentially a kid (a pretty special kid, granted) is a huge gamble and the pricetag could have real repercussions on our ability to sign and keep talent.

Anyway, yes I am very happy overall.

This Kristian Jaksch bloke better be good! He's got big Bootsma's to fill!

Love that we went for a tall forward! 

I have a feeling Mark Whiley will end up being the more important signing of the two though as he's a tough inside midfielder who looks to be the perfect replacement for Carrazzo. 

Can't believe Port Adelaide won't give us Wingard for Ryder when their clearly getting the better player.

Ryder is a fucking flog

Has never lived up to his potential that is for sure...

When I first saw him ruck against men as 18 year in the WAFL for East Fremantle I thought he could be the next big thing (Stephen Michael for hediak) but his career has consisted of seasons that would be given C and B marks... will go down as another Justin Longmuir in my book.

Can't believe Port Adelaide won't give us Wingard for Ryder when their clearly getting the better player.

Ryder is a fucking legend

Fixed :)

But on a more serious note couldn't believe we were demanding wingard or even hartlett back for Ryder, sometimes i wonder who isn't on drugs down at that place.

Ryders a big loss though, i always thought he was a solid player without being spectacular but also played in the wrong position too. If you play this bloke up forward and have him as your second ruck he will kick 2-3 goals a game at least. Blokes got good hands and uses his body well in one on ones.

Pretty happy with the trade period though, i bet all you other blokes are spewing you ain't got James Gwilt! :)

Port vs hawks gf next year?

This Kristian Jaksch bloke better be good! He's got big Bootsma's to fill!

Love that we went for a tall forward! 

I have a feeling Mark Whiley will end up being the more important signing of the two though as he's a tough inside midfielder who looks to be the perfect replacement for Carrazzo. 

Big strides forward for the Bluebaggers!

Signed a couple of young blokes, didn't sign any over-the-hill/injured blokes, and as far as I'm aware didn't bring in anyone from Collingwood!

A+ trade period for us!

Yes, it was a disgrace. They say that this is an example that we are hard to trade with, farm Port were the ones being hard to trade with.

We are losing arguably our most important player, and they wanted to give us pick 17. If you want a player who is top 5 at our club, is contracted, and could win them next years premiership, you have to give something back.

Would have wanted Ollie Wines but settled for Hamish Hartlett or someone. But the bastards would only give us 17 and 37 and we had to accept it out of goodwill.

Yep, not great for soccer but would be a pretty decent footy ground. Beautiful city

Yeah, I've been to Wellington itself before and it was so nice! Lived up to its nickname as Windy Wellington though, it was blowing like a gale and it was the middle of summer! Only got to see the exterior of Westpac Stadium and it looked pretty disgusting to be honest ahaha. 

Weird city though, but really unique.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Meanwhile Dane Beams described his relationship when at Collingwood with Buckley in today's sun as "purely a working relationship"... but of course Cadete's crazy with his opinions on Buckley's having bad player management skills.

Its also pretty obvious why the Pies went so hard for Blame despite his obv credentials... bloke spent most his time fixing up the shit that Thompson would cause with his inability to relate to certain players at Geelong in the late 2000's.

Edited by cadete

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2015-02-06/new-active-area-launched-for-2015

Essendon advertising for a capo for their cheer squad.

You couldn't make this shit up

Do you not remember when one of their marketing/development blokes started a thread on here about it

Edited by thisphantomfortress

Do you not remember when one of their blokes started a thread on here about it

Was going to FYI you for a second, but figured you already applied  ;)

Do you not remember when one of their blokes started a thread on here about it

Was going to FYI you for a second, but figured you already applied  ;)

HA! too committed to city and the rebels to commit to something like that. But I actually think its incredibly interesting that Essendon are trying to bring in something thats worked so successfully in the A league. Joffa has told me at games that Collingwood are gunna do something similar too.