Melbourne Football

AFL 2014 Season

toogood18

Probably still wouldn't make the best 18 at barwon.

I really struggle to understand how long this bloke has been in the AFL System when I have see much better players on the Port list every second week.

Similar to his flash-in-a-pan mate Natawhoey who's on 800k a season for 5 years and can't get a single mark or kick in the derby. 

• Like 1

Probably still wouldn't make the best 18 at barwon.

I really struggle to understand how long this bloke has been in the AFL System when I have see much better players on the Port list every second week.

Similar to his flash-in-a-pan mate Natawhoey who's on 800k a season for 5 years and can't get a single mark or kick in the derby. 

And yet Josh Walker's unique brand of awkward athletic aloofness goes unnoticed... I wonder why :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Tristan Barker the most famous alumni of my school :up:

The only person who is a bigger fuckwit that this guy is his father who thinks the shit he does is perfectly sane...

Couldn't be further from the truth. Well I must admit that I was going off some old news there... so what is the truth?

Tristan Barker the most famous alumni of my school :up:

The only person who is a bigger fuckwit that this guy is his father who thinks the shit he does is perfectly sane...

Couldn't be further from the truth.

Lol why? Cos he was in Split Enz? You have to admit the footage of him more than condoning his sons behaviour does lend itself to pretty firmly framing his a fair dickhead?

Lake seems to love having his arsehole rearranged by Petrie.

Copped it as much as anyone has ever copped it. Was unreal.

And how about that Brent Harvey bloke? Taken him a while, but seems to be coming good.

As they say, little men take time :up:

And how about that Brent Harvey bloke? Taken him a while, but seems to be coming good.

As they say, little men take time :up:

You know Lakes done something dirty when Harvey is getting complimented for his on field antics.

Legend gets bandied about a lot, but we are quite literally watching a legend in play in Harvey.

He is in career best form. Averaging more kicks, more handballs and disposals then in any other point in his career and last time i checked was leading that best AFL player ranking thing on the AFL site. Will make the AA team with ease, and all at the ripe old age of 36 ffs.

Will pass 400 games mid next season, and is a shoe in to pass Tucky's record the year after that. 450 games is not out of the realms of possibility for him.

Understand you might be a bit butthurt for him dobbing in pinchy pinchy, but any sportsperson who plays 380 odd games in the top flight of any sport, deserves respect and admiration of all sports fan.

Nothing would make me happier to seem him finish with another another premiership or two before his career is up.

Edited by FB.

Theres no doubting his ability on the field, but I just  hate the prick as he and North Melbourne try to portray this squeaky clean boy image when hes the opposite. 

The pinching saga obviously escalated my hatred for him, but I still never liked him before all that happened. There has been a little bit of history with Harvey and Freo. 

• Like 1

Theres no doubting his ability on the field, but I just hate the prick as he and North Melbourne try to portray this squeaky clean boy image when hes the opposite.

The pinching saga obviously escalated my hatred for him, but I still never liked him before all that happened. There has been a little bit of history with Harvey and Freo.

Ok Im north so call me biased if you will but why would he say that if it wAsnt true?

Crowley is one of my fave opposition players, purely cos I have max respect for good taggers but to suggest a guy that gets tagged every other week is lying is a bit rich. Why wouldn't he have made something up the other 199 times?

Theres no doubting his ability on the field, but I just hate the prick as he and North Melbourne try to portray this squeaky clean boy image when hes the opposite.

Ok Im north so call me biased if you will but why would he say that if it wAsnt true?

Crowley is one of my fave opposition players, purely cos I have max respect for good taggers but to suggest a guy that gets tagged every other week is lying is a bit rich. Why wouldn't he have made something up the other 199 times?

I havent seen all of his games obviously, but I don't ever remember him getting shut down and giving free kicks away to his opposition like he did in that game. But it works the other was as well, why would somebody who has been a pretty clean player all of their career then do something calculated, extraordinary and Steven Baker like and pinch Harvey 300 times in 1 game, which is 1 pinch every minute. Why didn't the 7 or whatever umpires not see anything? How could he avoid the multiple cameras throughout the whole game to get in a pinch a minute?

AND even if he did do it, the guys still a snitch for taking Crowley to the tribunal and going against the code of silence that has probably benefited him in the past. 

I havent seen all of his games obviously, but I don't ever remember him getting shut down and giving free kicks away to his opposition like he did in that game. But it works the other was as well, why would somebody who has been a pretty clean player all of their career then do something calculated, extraordinary and Steven Baker like and pinch Harvey 300 times in 1 game, which is 1 pinch every minute. Why didn't the 7 or whatever umpires not see anything? How could he avoid the multiple cameras throughout the whole game to get in a pinch a minute?

AND even if he did do it, the guys still a snitch for taking Crowley to the tribunal and going against the code of silence that has probably benefited him in the past. 

Well the Dockers and Dean Solomon were directly responsible for Gazza not winning the Brownlow in 2008 (There is no way he would not have polled one vote in those three games he missed) so you win some and lose some...

Well the Dockers and Dean Solomon were directly responsible for Gazza not winning the Brownlow in 2008 (There is no way he would not have polled one vote in those three games he missed) so you win some and lose some...

I don't remember anything about Ablett, are you not getting mixed up with Ling/Solomon?

According to this article, Ablett rolled his ankle...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2008-07-15/ablett-sidelined-with-ankle-injury/439844

I don't remember anything about Ablett, are you not getting mixed up with Ling/Solomon?

According to this article, Ablett rolled his ankle...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2008-07-15/ablett-sidelined-with-ankle-injury/439844

He injured after conflict with a Fremantle Player...

I thought it was Solomon but it must of been one of other of the plodders/enforcers running around in the Mark Harvey days.

It still gets brought up now by the guys at the match these days so I know def did not imagine it.

This Brian Lake wankfest is typical of the afl media. Jumping all over him like he raped a nun.

Petrie put hand to eye before lake touched his neck plus it wasn't even a choke. He had a handful of jumper.

Lake should get 3 and Petrie a week.

The video footage got picked up by Bleacher Report; you should see the comments from Americans regarding this scenario.

Here are some choice ones:

"Borderline? That is criminal flat out. As a minimum it is assault and battery and at the worst attempted murder. The guy should be in jail and not allowed to play in that league any longer."

that dude needs to be put behind bars.

He almost killed the dude...that's attempted murder holmes

Can't believe his teammates just grabbed the attacker by the shirt to pull him off. This man is straight up trying to kill your guy. Defend him like men

you guys are wearing cleats and the guy who's trying to kill your teammate has a mouth full of teeth about a foot off the ground. Connect cleat with teeth and repeat as necessary. If I was getting choked out I'd like a little more than a shirt pull from my teammates.

:droy:  :droy:  :droy:  :droy:  :droy:

Edited by Baresi
  • Like 1

This Brian Lake wankfest is typical of the afl media. Jumping all over him like he raped a nun.

Petrie put hand to eye before lake touched his neck plus it wasn't even a choke. He had a handful of jumper.

The last bit saves your post so I will make this a statement to Hawthorn supporters in general rather than just yourself as I have seen some ridiculously one-eyed defending of this dog act this week by Hawthorn fans.

Brian Lake is and always will be in my eyes, (don't give a fuck if he won a flag after playing 19games with you guys) a Footscray player. 200 games at the Whitten Oval has made that a fact I would argue. He was also a very well loved player. If he had done what he did to Petrie wearing the Royal blue instead of the brown and gold, I would still slate him. It was a dog act. Simple. Just as when Bazza playing for us almost fucken killed Thompson a few years back (not saying they are of the same force/severity btw), you are choking a bloke on the ground. Coward's shit. Lakeside should be ashamed of himself. 

Petrie should have been well within his rights to punch the absolute fuck out of him to get him off but he knew there was nothing he could do to get him off without getting reported himself. Where the fuck else in the world do you have to just lie back and let a bloke cut off your airway. Ridiculous. Lakeside should at least 3.

Edited by Braveheart
  • Like 1

The last bit saves your post so I will make this a statement to Hawthorn supporters in general rather than just yourself as I have seen some ridiculously one-eyed defending of this dog act this week by Hawthorn fans.

Brian Lake is and always will be in my eyes, (don't give a fuck if he won a flag after playing 19games with you guys) a Footscray player. 200 games at the Whitten Oval has made that a fact I would argue. He was also a very well loved player. If he had done what he did to Petrie wearing the Royal blue instead of the brown and gold, I would still slate him. It was a dog act. Simple. Just as when Bazza playing for us almost fucken killed Thompson a few years back (not saying they are of the same force/severity btw), you are choking a bloke on the ground. Coward's shit. Lakeside should be ashamed of himself. 

Petrie should have been well within his rights to punch the absolute fuck out of him to get him off but he knew there was nothing he could do to get him off without getting reported himself. Where the fuck else in the world do you have to just lie back and let a bloke cut off your airway. Ridiculous. Lakeside should at least 3.

PS I've played footy every winter saturday for the past 19 years and still do. I that had have happened to me last Saturday, the bloke choking me would have had a caved jaw. I dont pretend to be tough and I dont care how big he was, Im punching the fuck out of anybody who chokes me even on the footy field :up:

The point isn't what lake did, no doubt he took it too far... but who actually started the first of the TWO dogs acts. Petrie did and it hasn't been spoken about too much. If I hear the line "what's a bloke suppose to do when hes being choked" one more time in go chopper Reid on my ears.

Heres an answer. .. don't start what you can't finish.

What I'm staying is I'm fucking sick of every soft cock calling up sen and saying he couldve killed Petrie and lake should be rubbed out for life. A few suggestions that it was coz he's a hawks player he "only" got 4 weeks. Deadset 9 out of 10 callers. I guess when youre the best team in the land people will find any excuse to stick the boots in.

Petrie didn't even get hurt. He got up and won the game for the roos ffs

What I'm staying is I'm fucking sick of every soft cock calling up sen and saying he couldve killed Petrie and lake should be rubbed out for life. A few suggestions that it was coz he's a hawks player he "only" got 4 weeks. Deadset 9 out of 10 callers. I guess when youre the best team in the land people will find any excuse to stick the boots in.

Petrie didn't even get hurt. He got up and won the game for the roos ffs

I would be pretty happy to be Hawk fan with your tribunal luck last season compared to Geelong's... but I obv agree the Tribunal isn't biased towards particular clubs is more just a fucked up random lottery.

Was pretty happy with the outcome of the tribunal. What Lake did was worse than than any bump to the head in general play so he deserved at least a couple of weeks, but it certainly wasn't bad enough to get anymore than he did.

Surprised theres not more talk about Goddard, that to me was the worst decision of the year from the tribunal.  

Edited by hedaik