Melbourne Football

AFL 2014 Season

toogood18

Elliot = Gun

Hawkins = Fat Private School wanker

I don't follow either side but in a 'runs on the board' judgement you couldn't seriously say with any conviction that you have Elliot in your side before Hawkins?

but yes, he looks like a blazer boy.

Was a fairly average attempt at stirring the Geelong pot.

Hawkins is still a fuckwit in any sense of the word, good for him if he can kick a ball straight.

Elliot = Gun

I don't follow either side but in a 'runs on the board' judgement you couldn't seriously say with any conviction that you have Elliot in your side before Hawkins?

but yes, he looks like a blazer boy.

Was a fairly average attempt at stirring the Geelong pot.

Hawkins is still a fuckwit in any sense of the word, good for him if he can kick a ball straight.

Elliot = Gun

but yes, he looks like a blazer boy. Was a fairly average attempt at stirring the Geelong pot.

Hawkins is still a fuckwit in any sense of the word, good for him if he can kick a ball straight. One bloke has won 2 flags as a Key Forward... the other takes a few snazzy grabs from time to time.

No wonder a Saints/Sandy fan rates a grab over flag :droy:

NOTE: YES - I went there.

If you think all Elliot is good for is "a few snazzy grabs from time to time" then I feel sorry for you. 

I couldn't care less if you bring up the failures of teams I support, it actually strengthens my overall stereotype i'm forming of a majority of Geelong fans. 

• Like 1

If you think all Elliot is good for is "a few snazzy grabs from time to time" then I feel sorry for you. 

I couldn't care less if you bring up the failures of teams I support, it actually strengthens my overall stereotype i'm forming of a majority of Geelong fans.

Hawkins is one of the most valuable players in the league, he takes marks, kicks straight, provides assists and crashes packs to provide a focal point that maybe only another two or three other clubs currently have...

Not one current AFL Recruiter would choose Elliot over Hawkins - That is just a simple fact.

I was also knocking Saints supporters love to overate their players (Best illustrated by grab taking Trevor Barker) as well your inability to win footy matches...

Hawkins is one of the most valuable players in the league, he takes marks, kicks straight, provides assists and crashes packs to provide a focal point that maybe only another two or three other clubs currently have...

Not one current AFL Recruiter would choose Elliot over Hawkins - That is just a simple fact.

I was also knocking Saints supporters love to overate their players (Best illustrated by grab taking Trevor Barker) as well your inability to win footy matches...

Note I never said I'd have Elliot over Hawkins or vice versa - I merely made a personal jibe at Hawkins, but you stating that all Elliot is good for is going for a few marks that astounded me as I thought you'd be able to take the hooped eye patch off at least once in a while and acknowledge that Elliot is a pretty damn good footballer with the ability to play at both ends, win ball and kick goals. 

I'm not sure if you're having a dig at Barker or just some fans putting him on a pedestal. If it's the first option i'll bow out because that'll piss me off to a higher level than it probably shouldm, if not it should be known that we at St Kilda rate TB on a different scale due to the kind of bloke he was and that he was a living embodiment of our club's motto. He was also a shining light in a disgustingly shithouse period in a pretty sub par clubs history on field.

Success seems to have changed Geelong fans, so like I was saying your helping me fill in the blanks for my overall fan base stereotype. At least you've given me that.  ;)

Edited by Woody

Note I never said I'd have Elliot over Hawkins or vice versa - I merely made a personal jibe at Hawkins, but you stating that all Elliot is good for is going for a few marks that astounded me as I thought you'd be able to take the hooped eye patch off at least once in a while and acknowledge that Elliot is a pretty damn good footballer with the ability to play at both ends, win ball and kick goals.

I'm not sure if you're having a dig at Barker or just some fans putting him on a pedestal. If it's the first option i'll bow out because that'll piss me off to a higher level than it probably shouldm, if not it should be known that we at St Kilda rate TB on a different scale due to the kind of bloke he was and that he was a living embodiment of our club's motto. He was also a shining light in a disgustingly shithouse period in a pretty sub par clubs history on field.

Success seems to have changed Geelong fans, so like I was saying your helping me fill in the blanks for my overall fan base stereotype. At least you've given me that. ;)What happened was Geelong the club finally took the hard road of creating a Strong Player Culture and Academy of Development rather than accepting almost getting there like they did in first twenty years of my life.

And your right it has changed us Supporters because we are proud mate...

Fucken proud that our club finally showed some courage rather than doing what clubs' like yours did instead and hope bottoming out and gaining a billion draft picks will simply gift them flags.

13 years on Geelong are still the only side to never of finnished lower than 12th, won 3 flags and currently are still very competitive... sitting 2nd on the ladder.

You would think a Saints fan would understand more than most why we are so proud of all three... but alas for years to come I look forward to reading your Geelong hate in this thread as we all have for the past three. :up:

Edited by cadete

I hope every bulldogs player (bar a few) goes to bed tonight with a mirror.

Can wake up in the morning and have a fucking good look at themselves

That 3rd quarter, was the weakest effort ive seen from the bulldogs in a long, long time.

NOT happy.

• Like 2

I fucking hate Geelong with a passion but i gotta say the umpires and the AFL need to take a good long hard at themselves. Fucking Disgraceful performance. Taking nothing from Sydney they were unreal.

A few weeks ago I was licking my lips at the prospect of a Cats Hawks GF but its looking more like Sydney Port these days. :(

Really feel that our best 22 can compete with anyone. Our depth isn't as good as previous years and with a few injuries there are players that just aren't up to AFL standard against good teams. Murdoch was woeful last night Stringer, Sheringham, Bews and Smedts are others.

We have a really good run for 6 weeks now. If we can get through that period we could potentially be 13-3 and entrenched in the top 4.

Important we get Caddy and Christensen back into the midfield and hopefully Shane Kersten can now get some match fitness in the VFL and then provide a roll as a second tall option. Something we are clearly lacking.

We've been written off many times over the last 5 years by a lot of people including those on here who get there fix on being Geelong haters. They've proved people wrong several times before. Now I'm just hoping they can again once more.

Sydney are an awesome team to watch, and barring injury will probably win it all this year.

The amount of talent they have compared to all other teams is ridiculous, and in the last 2 weeks where they have played with basically a full team, you can see how big the gap is between them and all other teams.

Edited by kingofhearts

Really feel that our best 22 can compete with anyone. Our depth isn't as good as previous years and with a few injuries there are players that just aren't up to AFL standard against good teams. Murdoch was woeful last night Stringer, Sheringham, Bews and Smedts are others.

We have a really good run for 6 weeks now. If we can get through that period we could potentially be 13-3 and entrenched in the top 4.

Important we get Caddy and Christensen back into the midfield and hopefully Shane Kersten can now get some match fitness in the VFL and then provide a roll as a second tall option. Something we are clearly lacking.

We've been written off many times over the last 5 years by a lot of people including those on here who get there fix on being Geelong haters. They've proved people wrong several times before. Now I'm just hoping they can again once more.

TBH I am kind of relived we can have a year where we can focus more development than a flag...

When Vardy went down I knew this Season was not a Flag year was happy it happened this Season and not next Season.

Come on Vardy is hardly a premiership winning player, you sound like a Richmond/Carlton supporter, "I knew this year was stuffed coz we lost Maric/Judd."

Yeah obviously his not... but one man foward lines never win Flags.

Thats why I said I was happier it happened this Season than last Season - TBH I dont know how we came so close last Season.

And TBVH I hate it when we lose but I at the same time I am glad we are playing kids each week rather than trying to be the best we possibly can with top ups and keeping Veterans on because its physically  impossible with the Age Spread we currently have for us to be Number One or Two in past few years.

Edited by cadete

Well that's the issue with the hawks, our "kids" (we don't really have any tbh) are no where near geelongs. The past month has given me a look into the future of the hawthorn footy club, doesn't look great.

I'm not counting Geelong out purely based on the fact that port and sydney have yet to prove themselves In Melbourne. If they finish above us at the end of the h&a when we might be in some trouble.

Geelong need to stick to the program and ignore last nights events.

Well that's the issue with the hawks, our "kids" (we don't really have any tbh) are no where near geelongs. The past month has given me a look into the future of the hawthorn footy club, doesn't look great.

I'm not counting Geelong out purely based on the fact that port and sydney have yet to prove themselves In Melbourne. If they finish above us at the end of the h&a when we might be in some trouble.

Geelong need to stick to the program and ignore last nights events.

Definitely.

The funny thing is that they can lose like that and still we will most likely make finals.

Edited by cadete