Melbourne Football

Dean Bouzanis

Parrot

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Fredinho69 said:

Tbh I don't mind him he suits our playing style of passing it out the back and a patient build up. Don't really think the goal was his faul tonight it was just poor marking and a great cross. His distribution is a joy to watch however he does have the occasional fuck up

Maybe watch the goal again. 

1 minute ago, Fredinho69 said:

Tbh I don't mind him he suits our playing style of passing it out the back and a patient build up. Don't really think the goal was his faul tonight it was just poor marking and a great cross. His distribution is a joy to watch however he does have the occasional fuck up

Sorry but take it from someone who has played in goal at a half decent level: standing level with your near post 3 metres out when someone is crossing from a reasonable distance almost on the goal line is really Under 12 level positioning. If he is standing in the right position the cross would have almost gone down his throat rather than dropping over his head. Defenders usually let the guy they are marking go when the ball is dropping 3 yards out in the middle of the goal from a wide and narrow position. Goal was his but good to get the win.  

• Like 5

First minute of the game I already saw that Adelaide made a huge tactical error, they were not closing him down.

When he isn't under pressure, yes he can distribute the ball well for a keeper, and that is why JVS likes him. Problem is when he is under pressure he gets himself into trouble.

The far bigger problem though is that he is possibly the worst professional goalkeeper I have ever seen when it comes to actually keeping goal. I'm not even exaggerating, he has been a professional since he was 16 years old, how can he be so bad? How can he have so little clue about basic goalkeeper positioning for a guy who has been a pro for so long? It boggles the mind, just look at the photo above holy crap.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 2

That cross was always going to be his to grab or at least punch. 

He moves too far towards the front post then totaly gets confused what his role is in that instant. 

He does not command his box and can't even manage the 5 yard line. 

Whats the point of descent distribution when you leak goals. 

Hand gloves to someone else and became a defender. 

Edited by Jestr

8 hours ago, japiedog said:

Lots of very good comments .  quite simply  , should have stopped the cross from gettingto Gurdiloa ( pardon my spelling )

A keeper has to  command his area ,  Dean doesn't 

Last night was easily the worst mistake he's made. Malik's contribution wasn't much better. Overall a gift goal that we should never have conceded. My shopping list for next season already has two goalkeepers and a tall centre-back on it. And a new Head Coach of course.

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Last night was easily the worst mistake he's made. Malik's contribution wasn't much better. Overall a gift goal that we should never have conceded. My shopping list for next season already has two goalkeepers and a tall centre-back on it. And a new Head Coach of course.

Agree with this. But I would add Muscat as being as much at fault as anyone. He was turned inside out and skinned. 

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

Agree with this. But I would add Muscat as being as much at fault as anyone. He was turned inside out and skinned. 

Wait till his up against Zullo, or even Jamieson.

As soon as Franjic is fit Muscat will be on the bench.  He's not very good with the ball at his feet, not fast and I don't think I've seen him overlap and get a ball in to the opposition box.  

I thought Retre could've been the back up to Franjic at RB so I don't know why Muscat was bought in.

6 hours ago, Kiro Kompiro said:

As soon as Franjic is fit Muscat will be on the bench.  He's not very good with the ball at his feet, not fast and I don't think I've seen him overlap and get a ball in to the opposition box.  

I thought Retre could've been the back up to Franjic at RB so I don't know why Muscat was bought in.

True, but he is much better defensively than Franjic or Retre. If we stick to three at the back i think we'll stick with Muscat, likewise if we go back to 4, or even 5 we'll bring in Franjic.

9 hours ago, Kiro Kompiro said:

Scott Jamieson? 

Cause he doesn't play here anymore 

• Like 1

This is from the club 5 things we learnt 

Change of the guardian?

Dean Bouzanis looks to have dislodged Thomas Sorensen in City’s goalkeeper ranks with the 26-year-old starting his fourth game this season. Speaking to the media after the match, Head Coach John van’t Schip declared Bouzanis at this moment is “our number one”.

“He did well when he came in, he did well in the Derby. I also said he was very good in the pre-season that there was competition with Thomas,” van’t Schip said.

“They are two very different types of goalkeepers, he got the opportunity and he deserved to continue. Like every other player, Dean has to keep focused and keep on working hard and make sure he stays number one.”

Read more at http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/five-things-we-learned-city-v-adelaide/1f173i6ayq4ci1r4w8j7mhs03d#o0vsYvbdVm0gXpyW.99

38 minutes ago, neio said:

“He did well when he came in, he did well in the Derby. I also said he was very good in the pre-season that there was competition with Thomas,” van’t Schip said.

“They are two very different types of goalkeepers, he got the opportunity and he deserved to continue. Like every other player, Dean has to keep focused and keep on working hard and make sure he stays number one.”

c1e72744a9e109148f11988e1b308c36.jpg

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Fucking hell jvs is a fucking moron. Why waste a visa spot on someone you're not even planning to play ffs.

Sorenson is our best keeper. Play him or wait and watch bouzanis cost us games.

There was a point I wanted to make about this and I forgot what it was. This is it. It was nice having all 5 visa players on the pitch while it lasted. 

29 minutes ago, dr lime said:

Wow. It shouldn't come as a surprise but sometimes I wonder how JVS ever got to any decent level of coaching given some of his stupidity. 

I do agree with one thing though: "They are two very different types of goalkeepers" :

• Sorensen is very very good, has played 100 times for his country, played in two World Cups and two Euro Championships and a number of years at the top level in Europe and was named the best goalkeeper in the league last season;
  • Bouzanis can kick well. 

Reputation and pay check means nothing. Form is all that matters 

1 minute ago, Chris p said:

Reputation and pay check means nothing. Form is all that matters 

Correct. Best keeper in the league last year, selected as the number one to start the season. Kept a clean sheet before saving two points for us by stopping Phoenix scoring after Rose's bad backpass. Versus a couple of soft goals against Perth and a clanger against Adelaide. 

If you want to argue "don't change a winning team" there would be some logic. But no loss of form by Sorensen = he should be playing.  

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Dylan said:

I still think this was always the plan to have Sorenson take a back seat this season and move into coaching

Well it was a fucking stupid plan if that's the case. Sorensen is using a visa spot, there would be 50 potential goalie coaches out there, none of whom would require a visa spot as they had long since retired.

• Like 1