Melbourne Football

Dean Bouzanis

Parrot

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/10/2016 at 5:47 PM, belaguttman said:

Well now he's suspended and if Bouzanis does as good or better job then he should keep the position, if not then Sorenson gets it back

Bullshit. If Fornaroli gets sent off this week and we win next week does that mean he has to start on the bench the first week back from suspension? NO. Same for Sorensen. Haven't seen too much of Bouzanis but he was good last week. Hope he does as well next week and helps us win. But Sorensen is back in the following week regardless of what he does. He has to do a lot more wrong than being named GK of the Year and keeping a clean sheet in the first game of the season to be dropped. Get real.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dr lime said:

Bullshit. If Fornaroli gets sent off this week and we win next week does that mean he has to start on the bench the first week back from suspension? NO. Same for Sorensen. Haven't seen too much of Bouzanis but he was good last week. Hope he does as well next week and helps us win. But Sorensen is back in the following week regardless of what he does. He has to do a lot more wrong than being named GK of the Year and keeping a clean sheet in the first game of the season to be dropped. Get real.

So if someone replaces Bruno in your scenario and scored a hat trick, you'd drop them and bring Bruno back in?

OMG I cant breath, ive spent half the game laughing at this bloke. Legit the funniest player ive ever seen.

He was completely shitting himself at the start of the game, came close to being charged down a few times.

We score a goal and you see he gets a bit more confident, he is no longer shitting himself and paassing the ball okay.

We score a second and he is fired up af. Yelling at defenders, launching long ballsdown the ground.

Score a third and he thinks his Messi now, dribbling the ball when it comes to him.

Score a 4th and he is playing 5 meters outside the penalty box when the ball is in our half.

If we score a 5th and he'll be in the opposition box trying to get on the scoresheet.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 4

Putting the fact he was the most entertaining player aside, I really dont see how you could say thats anything more than a par performance, personally id rate it as somewhat below par.

His distribution was fine when he got some confidence, but its whats youd expect really. Dont recall him making a save, while he did let in a goal. Also there was a chance Victory had late on where it looked like he made a mistake where he was beaten to the ball by the Victory attacker but the shot went sligly over the goal.

He was good tonight. Did what he had to do and no blunders. Distribution was at least as good as Sorensen and probably a fair bit better. Which is really good for us as we know we have a solid back up. Probably a good idea to play him in the Cup, it will do him good to have the match practice and hopefully help his confidence. 

Unfortunately for him, Sorensen will be back in for the next league game, as he should.

Because the way it works is this: you pick your number one. Then, if he is suspended or gets a short term injury, he gets back in afterwards unless : 1) the team had previously been losing and has suddenly started winning; 2) the incumbent's form had been shaky beforehand; or 3) it turns out to be a longer term injury and the fill in does very very well. None of which is the case with Sorensen. Keepers know that this is the way it goes and they live with it. All the Sorensen "boo boys" on here should do the same.   Bouza would have known that this would most likely be the case and will be okay with it. Good on him for a good game tonight though and very happy to see he is more than capable. 

Edited by dr lime

11 hours ago, belaguttman said:

So if someone replaces Bruno in your scenario and scored a hat trick, you'd drop them and bring Bruno back in?

Strikers are obviously different than keepers. And scoring goals doesn't necessarily mean you played well, just as conceding goals as a keeper doesn't necessarily mean you played badly. But in your scenario Bruno would get back in, but probably at someone else's expense, which is my point. 

14 minutes ago, ecguymer said:

Part of me would like to see him get some more gametime.....possibly via resting Sorenson, but I don't think that's likely.......

yeah Sorensen must be really tired after less than 1 league game

Edited by Nate

3 minutes ago, Nate said:

yeah Sorensen must be really tired after less than 1 league game

.....I wasn't necessarily thinking next weekend.....though that might be an option if they want Sorensen completely fresh for the FFA Cup semi, but resting him round 4 as that would be a 3 day turnaround after the semi would be more logical......

Well done Dean. Distribution got better as the game went on, confidence went up as we scored more. Perfect game for him to shine, helped a great deal by our dominant possession. Only qualm is his judgement of time on the ball with an oncoming striker closing him down. Takes a bit too long and first few balls of the game he was forced into error. 

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

Only qualm is his judgement of time on the ball with an oncoming striker closing him down. Takes a bit too long and first few balls of the game he was forced into error. 

Holy shit this was making me so angry at the start of the game. I dont think he had a good game. Dont think he had a particularly bad game either. He just wasnt put under any real pressue other than when strikers were charging at him and he looked like a deer on headlights at times until we completely shut victorys attack down. Dont think there is any real reason to think he will be first choice yet personally.

I was never surprised about how good his distribution can be, that's probably his strongest asset.

anyway it will be interesting to see what goes on in the season given that Sorenson probably won't be going on next year and will probably enter coaching. He may take a back seat and act as keeper/coach and give bouzanis more playing time.

what I would love is tando back and Sorenson as keeper coach. But I can see Janjetovic here next season

48 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Holy shit this was making me so angry at the start of the game. I dont think he had a good game. Dont think he had a particularly bad game either. He just wasnt put under any real pressue other than when strikers were charging at him and he looked like a deer on headlights at times until we completely shut victorys attack down. Dont think there is any real reason to think he will be first choice yet personally.

It was the perfect game for him as we controlled so much of the game that he didn't have to much to do besides distribute the ball effectively. Mind you there's was one ball he kicked out and dropped it right on Fernandos boot on the sideline. That was bloody good. 

• Like 1

On 15/10/2016 at 11:21 PM, dr lime said:

Because the way it works is this: you pick your number one. Then, if he is suspended or gets a short term injury, he gets back in afterwards unless : 1) the team had previously been losing and has suddenly started winning; 2) the incumbent's form had been shaky beforehand; or 3) it turns out to be a longer term injury and the fill in does very very well. None of which is the case with Sorensen. Keepers know that this is the way it goes and they live with it. All the Sorensen "boo boys" on here should do the same.   Bouza would have known that this would most likely be the case and will be okay with it. Good on him for a good game tonight though and very happy to see he is more than capable. 

The other reason you don't chop and change unless there is a very good reason is because defenders get used to what a particular keeper does in terms of how far out he covers crosses, how he reads the game to sweep, the timing of his calls when he is coming for the ball, etc. You may have two perfectly good keepers but they will each do things slightly differently and defences get to know/expect how the keeper does certain things. This avoids confusion and fuck ups like the third goal tonight. When a new keeper comes in you have to re-learn all these small things. Unfortunately I don't really "blame" Bouzanis for tonight's goals (although tonight he reminded me of Redmayne: never quite at fault for the goals but just should do better...) but I have the feeling that Sorensen wouldn't have conceded at least one or two of them for this reason and also because he reads the game a bit better and is experienced enough to talk to and control his defence better so it doesn't get to the point where Josh Rose isn't sure if he should go for it/head it back to him/head it clear, etc. Reminds me of when Ernie Merrick played Galekovic and Theo in goals in alternate weeks because he was too weak to make a decision back in season 1 of the A League. Victory coughed up silly "mix up" goals almost on a weekly basis for this reason. JVS lost us this game because he didn't follow the "basic rules" of selecting a keeper: when your #1 is available and fit he PLAYS. Fucking schoolboy error.      

43 minutes ago, dr lime said:

The other reason you don't chop and change unless there is a very good reason is because defenders get used to what a particular keeper does in terms of how far out he covers crosses, how he reads the game to sweep, the timing of his calls when he is coming for the ball, etc. You may have two perfectly good keepers but they will each do things slightly differently and defences get to know/expect how the keeper does certain things. This avoids confusion and fuck ups like the third goal tonight. When a new keeper comes in you have to re-learn all these small things. Unfortunately I don't really "blame" Bouzanis for tonight's goals (although tonight he reminded me of Redmayne: never quite at fault for the goals but just should do better...) but I have the feeling that Sorensen wouldn't have conceded at least one or two of them for this reason and also because he reads the game a bit better and is experienced enough to talk to and control his defence better so it doesn't get to the point where Josh Rose isn't sure if he should go for it/head it back to him/head it clear, etc. Reminds me of when Ernie Merrick played Galekovic and Theo in goals in alternate weeks because he was too weak to make a decision back in season 1 of the A League. Victory coughed up silly "mix up" goals almost on a weekly basis for this reason. JVS lost us this game because he didn't follow the "basic rules" of selecting a keeper: when your #1 is available and fit he PLAYS. Fucking schoolboy error.      

I'm sure Sorenson is being saved for the FFA Cup. That at least gives us some indication of the priority this season

2 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

I'm sure Sorenson is being saved for the FFA Cup. That at least gives us some indication of the priority this season

Keepers can play 3 games in 10 days far more easily than any other player. As long as there is no collision injuries, training for a keeper is far more taxing than a game so it is very easy to keep them fresh by lowering their training load. If that was JVS's thinking then it was an even worse call. 

1 minute ago, Tony999 said:

Would not blame this guy. Saved 2  clear goals. Defence is just a rabble.

Yes he did save 2 clear shots and did well with his distribution. I agree that the defence was a rabble, his job is to help organise it. The coaching staff's job is to make sure that the defence including the keeper are well drilled. Can't blame him for the ridiculous back pass but he was a bit casual responding.

1 minute ago, belaguttman said:

Yes he did save 2 clear shots and did well with his distribution. I agree that the defence was a rabble, his job is to help organise it. The coaching staff's job is to make sure that the defence including the keeper are well drilled. Can't blame him for the ridiculous back pass but he was a bit casual responding.

You can't organise a shit defence. Only Jakobsen is worth keeping

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

What the fuck am I reading? His game was probably about a 4/10 and you could easily blame him for two out of three of the goals.

Get Sorensen back.

4/10?

His game was a 2/10 at best.

He gave away 2 free goals ffs and people think he was okay?

Whereas last time out he didnt even make a save and he was apparently amazing?

What the actual fuck is going on, are you guys just trolling?

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 3