Melbourne Football

Dean Bouzanis

Parrot

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Imagine how stupid it would have looked if Sorenson on good coin and occupying a VISA spot was warming the bench for the cheaper aussie in Tando. Tando didn't have a hope.

Imagine signing a visa player on big money and then leaving them on the bench because they're not very good...we'd never do that...

• Like 1

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

Whatever way you look at it its JVS problem. Either he's brought in the wrong players or he simply can't get them to defend in a way that stops us conceding goals. 

OTOh JVS might have already identified that he is shit at defensive coaching and thought:" If I get a good keeper, no-one will notice"

Bouzanis has been signed until the end of this season only. IMO we've been fairly generous to Tando, because IMO this is the wrong move in the longer term. Like many others I had thought that Tando would gradually take over next season and then stick with us for quite a few years as our No.1.

Hopefully it's all part of a plan to free up some wages to strengthen the rest of the defence.

4 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Bouzanis has been signed until the end of this season only. IMO we've been fairly generous to Tando, because IMO this is the wrong move in the longer term. Like many others I had thought that Tando would gradually take over next season and then stick with us for quite a few years as our No.1.

Hopefully it's all part of a plan to free up some wages to strengthen the rest of the defence.

Tando did all he could have in the pre-season to be number one.  Prior to that he bided his time and was a consumate professional. He would have thought with Redmayne gone this was his career finally getting back on track.

OTOH Sorenson was out of the game, not in keeper training, and still got the No 1 gig.  The truth is Sorenson did so on reputation.  Tando would have felt boned.

Rather than say we're doing him a favour, i'd say we owed him one.

• Like 2

Lets support this bloke he hasnt even pulled the jumper on yet. You dont get to Liverpool based on your blow job technique he clearly has talent.

Hopefully with the guidance of Tommy he can show something.

I`m shattered for Tando but at his stage of his career all the best and we hope to see you again if things dont work out.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

Lets support this bloke he hasnt even pulled the jumper on yet. You dont get to Liverpool based on your blow job technique he clearly has talent.

Hopefully with the guidance of Tommy he can show something.

I`m shattered for Tando but at his stage of his career all the best and we hope to see you again if things dont work out.

Redmayne got a trial with Arsenal as a youngster and we all know how good he is.

Sometimes players appear to be more talented than their peers at a younger age but stagnate and never improve. Dean may have been a Liverpool youth player but since leaving their system he's been absolutely useless everywhere he's played, the greater sample points to him being useless.

Edited by Embee

1 hour ago, Kiro Kompiro said:

Tando did all he could have in the pre-season to be number one.  Prior to that he bided his time and was a consumate professional. He would have thought with Redmayne gone this was his career finally getting back on track.

OTOH Sorenson was out of the game, not in keeper training, and still got the No 1 gig.  The truth is Sorenson did so on reputation.  Tando would have felt boned.

Rather than say we're doing him a favour, i'd say we owed him one.

I'm not sure about that. He re-signed in July, when there were already strong rumours that Sorensen was on his way. Unless the club lied to him about his role in 2015/16, I think he should have seen this as a real possibility before he put the pen to paper.

Nothing against Tando...I hope he does very well and right now, I wouldn't be against asking him to come back when Sorensen hangs up the boots.

1 hour ago, Tony999 said:

Yes, now l remember watching Velaphi a few seasons ago during warm ups; he didn't twitch! Look at him now...

Precisely what I was going to say. I remember when we played at Richmond for a preseason game, Tando was beyond average. So I'm hoping the same happens to bouzanis. 

6 hours ago, jeffplz said:

yeah he wasn't really up to scratch during warm ups, missed a lot. he'll get better with time.

I was watching the WSW warmup, they barely missed a single shot on goal, Redders saved only 1 and that was more like a backpass. I hope that he improves quickly then, we don't need another Redders having just got rid of one

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

I was watching the WSW warmup, they barely missed a single shot on goal, Redders saved only 1 and that was more like a backpass. I hope that he improves quickly then, we don't need another Redders having just got rid of one

Exactly.. we don't have time to wait for him to improve. 

• 9 months later...
33 minutes ago, Deluka said:

I reckon this game will go a long way to seeing if he's up to replacing Sorensen next season. I hope this isn't the only opportunity he'll get this year though

The question is...

What happens if he has an absolute blinder for us on Saturday.

Do we keep Sorenson out of the side or is Bouzanis damned no matter what he does

1 minute ago, [LIBBA] said:

The question is...

Do we keep Sorenson out of the side or is Bouzanis damned no matter what he does

He'd have to have a seriously good game to keep Sorensen out.
Which might imply we have a bad one :wacko:

30 minutes ago, [LIBBA] said:

The question is...

Of course, Sorenson then has to earn his place like any other player. That's what proper football teams do.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, [LIBBA] said:

The question is...

Sorenson is No.1 for a reason.  But there's no better feeling than knowing we have a backup who is in great form.  So let's hope he is! 

38 minutes ago, CityWildcat said:

Sorenson is No.1 for a reason.  But there's no better feeling than knowing we have a backup who is in great form.  So let's hope he is! 

Damn straight!

This isn't a club that shafts keepers in form who have done their time on the bench for some late 30's retired Euro keeper who  spent the last 2 years cycling in the US.  We're a club with integrity.  Reputations count for naught!

Ability and form are the only criteria.

• Like 1