Melbourne Football

Dean Bouzanis

Parrot

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Imtellingyou said:

Deano this , Deano that. When he replaced Sorensen then everyone was blind on his lack of quality. He's just average league keeper. Kurto is a better one and what absolute shocker he had last night. 

At least Kurto has the excuse of learning to sweep. Rudan is pushing him much higher than he was at Wellington. Dean pretends to be one and still can’t judge a long ball. 

17 minutes ago, Harrison said:

At least Kurto has the excuse of learning to sweep. Rudan is pushing him much higher than he was at Wellington. Dean pretends to be one and still can’t judge a long ball. 

It's not only his positioning. He can't kick the bloody leather to one of our players to save his life. Every one is an out-swinger, and plenty go directly into touch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Imtellingyou said:

Deano this , Deano that. When he replaced Sorensen then everyone was blind on his lack of quality. He's just average league keeper. Kurto is a better one and what absolute shocker he had last night. 

Ummmm no, I don’t anybody agreed and understood dropping Sorensen. It was perhaps done to give him game time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

Dean made 1 mistake for the game every other player would’ve made 4-5 mistakes was an ugly bad decision but we still won hopefully he gets into some form in the next 3-4 weeks as we have no other option 

To be honest, he really didn't have to much yesterday. The mistake yesterday was an extremely poor judgement.

Another amateur error, unless you've got Gareth Bale coming at you from that position the likelyhood of a player scoring from that angle is next to zero. Any normal keeper would've stayed at home and covered the front post waiting for the ball across the box, but Dean is no normal keeper. 

21 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Ummmm no, I don’t anybody agreed and understood dropping Sorensen. It was perhaps done to give him game time.

IIRC Sorensen saved our arse in the first game of the season (I think away against CCM) copping a selfless red card and suspension to preserve a win. Bouzanis came in and did quite well. So you give him maybe a few games, but... Sorensen's a visa. If you're using a visa on a keeper, he's your number one, end of discussion.

The decision to persist with Bouzanis following the suspension (especially the nature of the suspension: Sorensen putting a win ahead of personal interest) is one thing. But if you're going with the local over the visa as the starting keeper, the visa can't stay around, wasting a spot on a glorified cheerleader. That's just stupidity.

Edited by SF33

1 hour ago, mus-28 said:

Another amateur error, unless you've got Gareth Bale coming at you from that position the likelyhood of a player scoring from that angle is next to zero. Any normal keeper would've stayed at home and covered the front post waiting for the ball across the box, but Dean is no normal keeper. 

The opposite could be true as well. Unless you've got Gareth Bale coming at you the likelihood of intercepting the ball is high, if you don't hesitate to come collect the ball. Dean, like on many occasions, has hesitated to come out to intercept and it happened again in this instance. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

With all of CFGs contacts around the world perhaps we could get a keeper in on loan as an “international replacement” whilst Glover is away? Must be lots of experienced keepers sitting on the bench that would like some sun in January.

Sun? smoke more like it😱

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Sad to see him go in a way

He was certainly not a club great, but in a club that has lacked stability and passion he provided both. He must've spent about 5 years with us, minus that European expedition, and while he did cross the line occasionally (certain Gypsy comments come to mind) he actually gave a shit which is something we have struggled with at times. He also had some pretty good runs of form in between the mediocreness. I hope he and Catley do well in Europe.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Aardvark said:

Sad to see him go in a way

He was certainly not a club great, but in a club that has lacked stability and passion he provided both. He must've spent about 5 years with us, minus that European expedition, and while he did cross the line occasionally (certain Gypsy comments come to mind) he actually gave a shit which is something we have struggled with at times. He also had some pretty good runs of form in between the mediocreness. I hope he and Catley do well in Europe.

Joined us for 16/17 season, so 4 seasons less the one spent at Zwolle, 44 matches. I never saw what others saw in him TBH.

• Like 2

On 25/07/2020 at 2:45 PM, mus-28 said:

Should free up a substantial amount of cap space that could be better spent elsewhere than a back-up keeper.

Hmm doubt it. I dont think he'd be on much at all tbh. The fact he was offered a three year deal way back when makes me think he probably took slightly unders on market value in order to have stability. Maybe 120kish.

On 28/07/2020 at 9:52 PM, Mr MO said:

Was that when he decided to come out of his goal and sit on Victards head on the edge of the box?

Yep

On 29/07/2020 at 8:54 AM, mjake1234 said:

I will never forget his many outrageous decisions to have a dribbling contest with attacking forwards.

That distribution 

Has really played very little football over his career so far. IMO needs to swallow his pride and go and play for a club at a level where he will be first choice GK. League 2 or National League I would say. 

His so-called "distribution" was grossly overrated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, neio said:

Signed at 5th tier English side Sutton United, it's about an hour outside of London and Steph. 

Obviously I know absolutely nothing about them, but he should be first choice there is say 

Couldn't even get a League 2 gig, they mustn't hold kicking ability in such high regard...

Edited by haz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, neio said:

Signed at 5th tier English side Sutton United, it's about an hour outside of London and Steph. 

Obviously I know absolutely nothing about them, but he should be first choice there is say 

They are one of the larger and more established clubs at that level, but sheesh, its not exactly the big time. Tier 5 is semi-pro, some full timers, some part timers (though some fully pro clubs aspiring to bigger things), crowds 1-2k, maybe a bit bigger at some, but sub 1k at others. 

3 hours ago, neio said:

On 01/08/2020 at 11:35 AM, jw1739 said:

Has really played very little football over his career so far. IMO needs to swallow his pride and go and play for a club at a level where he will be first choice GK. League 2 or National League I would say. 

His so-called "distribution" was grossly overrated.

Sutton were 14th in the National League when its season was brought to an early end.

Must be my first "green line" ever!