Melbourne Football

Dean Bouzanis

Parrot

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

If he was world class he wont be playing in the A League...

Sorrenson was world class wasn't he?

From memory was the best keeper in the league by a mile.

Regardless he is very very poor from a set piece and need to attend to this deficiency to be one of the best in the A-League. Hope he does because he has shown good improvement in the rest of his game.

3 hours ago, playmaker said:

Sorrenson was world class wasn't he?

From memory was the best keeper in the league by a mile.

Regardless he is very very poor from a set piece and need to attend to this deficiency to be one of the best in the A-League. Hope he does because he has shown good improvement in the rest of his game.

He was one of the best the league has ever seen. But he was at the very end of his career and presumably well past his best given he hadnt played in an international for a few years. I dont think id call him world class at that time in his career

Look i agree that is a deficiency in his game andsomething he needs to work on, but id actually argue theres not that much between the best keepers in the league atm, and hes probably in the conversation. Thats probably a bit of a reflection on the leagues current keeping stocks, but nevertheless.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, bt50 said:

He was one of the best the league has ever seen. But he was at the very end of his career and presumably well past his best given he hadnt played in an international for a few years. I dont think id call him world class at that time in his career

Look i agree that is a deficiency in his game andsomething he needs to work on, but id actually argue theres not that much between the best keepers in the league atm, and hes probably in the conversation. Thats probably a bit of a reflection on the leagues current keeping stocks, but nevertheless.

As much as I like to critise Dean when he kicks the ball straight over the sideline, the man can hit a ball I would say better then most A-League outfield players. I think that would put him close to the top between Izzo and Young, his kicking is better then both. His command of the area... not even close.

14 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I feel the defending at free-kicks is more a whole-of-team issue rather than just Bouzanis. ATM it seems as though teams with someone who does a good in-swinging free are very likely to score against us.

I dont know why Mauk was marking Maccarone last round for his goal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NewConvert said:

How about when he lost the ball to whomever and left the goal undefended? Thanks to Bort it would have been even worse.

True. Gave the pen up too.

did make 2 great 1 on ones in the first half though.

not his fault defenders got reshuffled and couldn’t be fucked concentrating on what their new roles were in the 2nd half though. Good luck to anyone playing behind that rabble.

3 hours ago, playmaker said:

When your defenders are being constantly out-numbered on the break the goalkeeper is always in for a bad day. He did his best given the circumstances.

Bouzanis is not beyond reproach. And certainly given what has transpired over the last two seasons with the GK then I do not see any reason not to drop him to the bench.

And his best is what is being questioned.

10 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

Bouzanis is not beyond reproach. And certainly given what has transpired over the last two seasons with the GK then I do not see any reason not to drop him to the bench.

And his best is what is being questioned.

All I am saying is if you want to point fingers at players I can think of 5 others before we point at Bouzanis. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Kept a clean sheet in Zwolle reserve match.
I don't know if I'm reading into this too much, but there's a comment on his photo about not starving anymore, and not having to eat celery or carrot only.

Could just be a joke, but has the club been putting our larger players on very strict diets?

• 1 year later...

I've been a defender of Bouzanis, as I think all keepers in this league are roughly the same. They all make mistakes, that's why they play here

But his mistakes are now getting more frequent and it's all from his positioning. His actual shot stopping is pretty good

It's now becoming a 50 50 call between him and Glover 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, neio said:

I've been a defender of Bouzanis, as I think all keepers in this league are roughly the same. They all make mistakes, that's why they play here

But his mistakes are now getting more frequent and it's all from his positioning. His actual shot stopping is pretty good

Saying nothing of Deano - is Glover any good?

1 hour ago, neio said:

Glover was absolutely shocking for CCM, not sure he is the answer unless he’s improved dramatically

• Like 2

1 hour ago, neio said:

I see this comment a lot about being a good shot stopper. When’s the last time he made a real good stretchy save?

I cannot recall any. All is close range fumbles and ball watching mainly in the previous season.

28 minutes ago, Imtellingyou said:

He always looks bad from the stands.  Tells enough about our coaching structure.  Yet, fans were unhappy with Galekovic and Kalac. Boo learnt nothing in Europe. 

Fans wanted to see Biri.