Melbourne Football

Dean Bouzanis

Parrot

On 12/23/2017 at 10:12 PM, Forever City said:

Everytime i think Dean has come good he fucks it up.

Couldn't see the incident clearly on the night, but I've now watched it several times on video. I can't believe that anyone with a brain would make such a mistake at that point in a match - he must have known that there were only seconds left. Just gifted Victory two points and lost ourselves one and we're going to regret that later on. Just have to question how much our players really care about results.

Should never pull on the City jersey again. For goodness' sake why can't we sign a decent young goalkeeper and make something of him by good coaching? We've had enough promising keepers go though our hands. Chris Maynard and Alistair Bray come to mind.

And just as I typed that the cloob sends me a Merry Christmas e-mail! FMD.

Edited by jw1739

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

Seriously fuck this guy. 

He has never had any command of his box whatsoever. 

Problem is that we really have two GKs about equal in quality and performance, and therefore no obvious no. 1. But again, what the fuck does our GK coach do all day when our GKs just keep making the same errors time and time again?

I think today he got thrown out by the wind, especially the second goal

I would keep him as the number one option as I don't think gakekovic is any better these days 

If we could though for next season, I'd be looking at Margush from Adelaide, he looks really talented and doesn't play cause they have Izzo 

2 minutes ago, neio said:

I think today he got thrown out by the wind, especially the second goal

I would keep him as the number one option as I don't think gakekovic is any better these days 

If we could though for next season, I'd be looking at Margush from Adelaide, he looks really talented and doesn't play cause they have Izzo 

Both Bouzanis and Galekovic are contracted to us for next season, and Bouzanis for a further season after that. That's the bind we're in.

11 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Both Bouzanis and Galekovic are contracted to us for next season, and Bouzanis for a further season after that. That's the bind we're in.

Oh your joking, I assumed galekovic would retire at end of this season

Well unless we can come to an agreement with him, scrap my idea 

27 minutes ago, neio said:

Oh your joking, I assumed galekovic would retire at end of this season

Well unless we can come to an agreement with him, scrap my idea 

I think it wouldnt be too hard to move Galekovic on, or even offer him a straight job in the CGF group to force him to retire

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Problem is that we really have two GKs about equal in quality and performance, and therefore no obvious no. 1. But again, what the fuck does our GK coach do all day when our GKs just keep making the same errors time and time again?

Clearly not teaching them how to goal keep properly,I can tell you that!

Do we have the worst goalkeeper pairing in the league? I'd say so.

8 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

Clearly not teaching them how to goal keep properly,I can tell you that!

Do we have the worst goalkeeper pairing in the league? I'd say so.

That's a massive over reaction, both our keepers are better than Perth, Wellington and maybe ccm number 1 keeper

19 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Am i the only one that thinks Dean's culpability in either of those goals yesterday is minimal, like 10%, at best?

Agree. Both goals rebounded off the bar and left him in an awkward spot but his positioning was fine. He was blocked for the first and had to come forward to protect the near post for the second. Unfortunately it was just a clever lob. 

20 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Agree. Both goals rebounded off the bar and left him in an awkward spot but his positioning was fine. He was blocked for the first and had to come forward to protect the near post for the second. Unfortunately it was just a clever lob. 

Yeh obv Delbridge was at fault for the first, both in his botched clearance and then crashing into Dean in the follow up.

The second one i think was just genuinely unlucky; the ball came off the back of the CCM player and hit the bar, then we were just at the mercy of where it fell. Not sure there was much anyone was doing wrong tbh.

48 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Am i the only one that thinks Dean's culpability in either of those goals yesterday is minimal, like 10%, at best?

Goal keeping is not really my strength but I think:

1. Great ball in, Delbridge tries to deal but doesn’t. dean culpability 0%

2. Decent corner but Dean needed to come for it (wasn’t that far out) and then it never gets to the crossbar, I know that wind would have made judging it a nightmare but I thought he could have done better there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Goal keeping is not really my strength but I think:

1. Great ball in, Delbridge tries to deal but doesn’t. dean culpability 0%

2. Decent corner but Dean needed to come for it (wasn’t that far out) and then it never gets to the crossbar, I know that wind would have made judging it a nightmare but I thought he could have done better there.

Yeh perhaps with the 2nd one, but lf he comes and misjudges it because of the wind he looks like a right mug in no man's land. I can understand perhaps a semblence of culpability on the 2nd, but i really think its bordering on clutching at straws.
Victory brain fart aside i actually think he's been really good since he came back in.

Bouzanis ends up in no man's land a lot of the time due to bad decision making and my gripe is that he has not improved over time. Opposition set pieces need to be attacked and Galekovic does it well even though his howlers were due to not punching the ball clear rather than poor positioning.

It's a matter of Bouzanis not having the smarts to take control of his area, which is one of the worse deficiencies a goal keeper can have, because around the 6 yard box he should always be contesting the ariel ball.

I admit it was difficult conditions, but the correct play was to contest the ball.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Bouzanis ends up in no man's land a lot of the time due to bad decision making and my gripe is that he has not improved over time. Opposition set pieces need to be attacked and Galekovic does it well even though his howlers were due to not punching the ball clear rather than poor positioning.

It's a matter of Bouzanis not having the smarts to take control of his area, which is one of the worse deficiencies a goal keeper can have, because around the 6 yard box he should always be contesting the ariel ball.

I admit it was difficult conditions, but the correct play was to contest the ball.

Mate the defence reacted poorly to that in swinging corner from Wales. Can't blame Bouzanis for that. Where were our defender to chanllenge and clear that corner. Our defence is shit. Simple.

On 1/21/2018 at 11:45 PM, GreenSeater said:

Saved two one-on-ones and turned at least another two stinging shots wide. Just because it wasn't quite to the level of arguably the best individual performance by a player in the history of our club doesn't mean he shouldn't be praised for having a great game...

He had a good match, that's true. But he does push the time he takes for a GK right to the limit - it's a borderline yellow nearly every time. It's something he needs to improve IMO, or he'll come unstuck one of these days and get two and a red.

• Like 1

I can't remember him being partly responsible for the second goal, have to have a look. I'm pretty sure for the first goal though when the ball first came in he sort of fumbled it which resulted in Newy refining possession again. If this is also the case then had he been a bit better in those moments we could have come away with a win last night. 

2 hours ago, n i k o said:

I can't remember him being partly responsible for the second goal, have to have a look. I'm pretty sure for the first goal though when the ball first came in he sort of fumbled it which resulted in Newy refining possession again. If this is also the case then had he been a bit better in those moments we could have come away with a win last night. 

I don't "blame" him for either goal last night. But he could have done better. IMO Bouzanis just doesn't work hard enough consistently to be a good GK. He didn't move for the first goal, and he could have held the second instead of palming the ball right to Hoff's feet. As a GK you are the last line of defence. You have to put your body on the line every time, you've got to be desperate.

It's all consistent with what people are saying - we concede too easily and have to work too hard to score ourselves.

2 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I don't "blame" him for either goal last night. But he could have done better. IMO Bouzanis just doesn't work hard enough consistently to be a good GK. He didn't move for the first goal, and he could have held the second instead of palming the ball right to Hoff's feet. As a GK you are the last line of defence. You have to put your body on the line every time, you've got to be desperate.

It's all consistent with what people are saying - we concede too easily and have to work too hard to score ourselves.

I thought both situations (although I vaguely remember the second one) he could have easily caught the ball. If your intention is to not catch it then you have to damn well get rid of it out of the dangerous area. Thing is he did so well last week and perhaps saved us 2 points but this week he may have indirectly cost us 2 points.* It's not that he is totally responsible however if he performed as well in those standard goal keeper moments like he performed in those extremely difficult moments then perhaps we end up winning that game. 

*Bouzanis is certainly not the only one culpable for our result

There is no way I think he could have caught the second goal, he would have struggled to get two hands to it let alone hang onto it. My only criticism is that he could have tried to push it wider, but if Jamieson was in front of Hoffman this argument would be pointless 

I think he has turned into a solid Aleague keeper, he is never going to be the number 1 in the league but he is also better than alot of people give him credit for. 

Also he has had 3 managers now come in and prefer him over the alternative, so he must be doing something right in games and at training 

• Like 1