Dean Bouzanis

Parrot

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Dylan said:

5 weeks. Probs wont play again this season

abc also reporting five weeks - Melbourne City's early PR efforts and Bouzanis' remorse reportedly saved a longer suspension.

then again, Bouzanis did get injured earlier this season prior to a game and still played the next week so dont count your chickens with Bouzanis to benchwarm

11 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

Here's a little ditty to cheer up Deano during his time off ...

lol

do i see a knew chant for Berisha coming on - very wrong on many levels but still.

Once he had known the
Brisbane summers
He headed South to the
Southern Scum
To make his fortune and
To cheat some more
And to lead the best life a Scumbag could

Edited by mattyh001
  • Like 2

Confirmed as five matches. http://www.a-league.com.au/article/melbourne-city-goalkeeper-dean-bouzanis-handed-lengthy-ban/9d0q1li6zpnz1kbdlg3dqg9aa

Will miss matches against Brisbane (H), Wellington (A), Sydney (H), Central Coast (A), Newcastle (H).

Will be available from Friday 24th March - WSW (A).

From club web-site:
Melbourne City FC and Dean Bouzanis acknowledge and fully accept a suspension of five matches, handed down to the Club’s goalkeeper by the independent Disciplinary Committee of Football Federation Australian (FFA) on Wednesday evening.

The independent Disciplinary Committee - comprising John Marshall SC (Chair), Anthony Lo Surdo SC and David Barrett – on Wednesday evening delivered their determination.

Bouzanis said: “I have accepted the sanction handed down this evening. I have apologised to Berisha and Melbourne Victory directly and I would also like to take this opportunity to extend my apology to the fans and the broader Australian football community. My future actions on and off the pitch will demonstrate I have learnt from this experience.”

Edited by jw1739

12 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Bouzanis said: “I have accepted the sanction handed down this evening. I have apologised to Berisha and Melbourne Victory directly and I would also like to take this opportunity to extend my apology to the fans and the broader Australian football community. My future actions on and off the pitch will demonstrate I have learnt from this experience.”

What a load of shit lmao, who wrote that dribble up for him?

5 hours ago, Austin316 said:

Officially the club will need to condemn the behaviour

In the terrace I will call Berisha a GYPSY

Unhelpful terrace chant, it'd only get the franchise a bad name and the terrace a bad name just like in Europe when this happens or when 'fans' throw bananas on the pitch

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CALZALOL said:

Sorry guys, but I have been to Europe & am of European descent, and the way the Romani people treat the countries and people of the countries that host them is absolutely apalling, until they respect them I will refuse to show the Romani people respect. These people pretend to be blind and deaf to effectively steal from bleeding hearts like yourselves who feel sorry for them with total disregard for local laws, laughing and carrying on when approached by police officers. They also leave their rubbish and low/no value belongings on the streets ruining the elegance of what once were beautiful cities. They are not vulnerable, innocent souls.

Lol that's sort of the whole reason it's bad to call someone one

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

5 weeks. Theres an important lesson here kids. Like my mother taught me after hearing me call another kid a "faggot" in grade 2, if you dont know the meaning of a word (particularly an insult) dont use it.

Where I come from a faggot is a large meatball made of offal and usually served in a rich gravy.  

• Like 4

The word gypsy is particularly offensive to people of Albanian origin, as the Albanian population is spread throughout the Balkans, what they perceive as there country's borders is not actually what it is legally. As there population is particular spread out over the Balkan region, many people from the Balkans call them gypsies because of that, in the context that they don't belong in that area.  

It is highly offensive and racist. It's no better than throwing a banana at an African player or making monkey noises. If you chant it in the terrace you're a moron.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, raw10 said:

And I'll add to that:

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/02/08/five-big-berisha-run-ins-rivals?cx_navSource=related-side-cx#cxrecs_s

Bouzanis has copped what the FFA prescribes, but Berisha has a history of these sorts of altercations. And this time he's succeeded in getting one of our players 5 matches. Wouldn't surprise me to find that he does it under Muscat's instructions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

And I'll add to that:

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/02/08/five-big-berisha-run-ins-rivals?cx_navSource=related-side-cx#cxrecs_s

Bouzanis has copped what the FFA prescribes, but Berisha has a history of these sorts of altercations. And this time he's succeeded in getting one of our players 5 matches. Wouldn't surprise me to find that he does it under Muscat's instructions.

Exactly.. who can forget his run in with Booschart... he is a disgrace in my view. To think that he is going to be an Aussie pretty soon, surely he fails the character test.. 

4 minutes ago, samardzija said:

Don't know how people can compare Berishas antics over the years to blatant racism. Racism on the football pitch is uncalled for no matter how much of a dick you are.

I did not suggest such a comparison. What I suggested was that Berisha is no stranger to deliberate attempts to provoke other players.

1 hour ago, samardzija said:

The word gypsy is particularly offensive to people of Albanian origin, as the Albanian population is spread throughout the Balkans, what they perceive as there country's borders is not actually what it is legally. As there population is particular spread out over the Balkan region, many people from the Balkans call them gypsies because of that, in the context that they don't belong in that area.  

It is highly offensive and racist. It's no better than throwing a banana at an African player or making monkey noises. If you chant it in the terrace you're a moron.

Their own active support sing songs about him being their gypsy. They are morons so you are 100% correct!

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I did not suggest such a comparison. What I suggested was that Berisha is no stranger to deliberate attempts to provoke other players.

And the player decides how to respond to the provokation. In Dean's case he chose wrong.

If CFG are serious about their stance on racism they should impose an additional suspension so he doesn't set a foot on the pitch for the rest of the season to set the standard for how racism should be dealt within world football.

The last thing we want is even a speck of the on field racism and hate that existed in the NSL days.

Bescunt is the instigator no doubt, but Dean's reaction is that of a weak racist prick.

Edited by playmaker
  • Like 1