Melbourne Football

Dean Bouzanis

Parrot

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Deeming said:

I'm no Bouzanis hater but a three year deal seems crazy even to me. But as we've seen by last year's Jan signings, deals these days don't really count for anything

Why we would do this when we don't have a new Head Coach/Manager is beyond me.

• Like 3

The only way this is a three year deal is if the club has effectively got him for unders. I reckon he's signed for $80k absolute max, which isnt too bad tbh.

At best he's prob one of the best no 2's in the country, and at worst he's shown he's at least competent as a number one.

Given the steep rise in the salary cap that's incoming, it's a good bit of business imo

Edited by bt50
  • Like 1

It just proves that the manager under cfg is simply a face for the "club" not there to make tactical and now obviously even personnel decisions. 

Cheap signing? Yes most likely. Good for business yes sure. 

Best for the club???? I guess Not that important. 

Good on him,  before start of season everyone said he was hopeless.  Now I'm not saying he is Buffon but he has definitely improved to be a competent keeper at this level,  he cops way too much criticism at times for a defence that is made out of paper mashe 

• Like 4

I'm actually pretty happy with this tbh. At worst he's the best number 2 in the league and at best he's a young goalkeeper with some obvious natural ability who is improving with every game despite his defence's best efforts. I would still prefer Sorensen to be starting, but I am firmly on board the Bouzanis train now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

I'm actually pretty happy with this tbh. At worst he's the best number 2 in the league and at best he's a young goalkeeper with some obvious natural ability who is improving with every game despite his defence's best efforts. I would still prefer Sorensen to be starting, but I am firmly on board the Bouzanis train now.

This.

5 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

28 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Despite the negativity, he's joint third on our Player of the Season Leaderboard (up to and including Round 15).

Edited by jw1739

• 3 weeks later...

As much as I can pick at his faults I just can't dislike him. He honestly bleeds for the shirt and I think his passion is up there with the best on the pitch. Unfortunately he had a brain fade and said what he said and will get a justifiable sanction but he will go down as a cult hero for it

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

A well deserved suspension if he said what was rumoured to have been said

Agreed...talk about your small wins. You lost the game, mate and now you're a good chance to be facing a lengthy stint on the sidelines. Hope it was worth it. And for those people saying good on him and what a legend...let's see how he responds if this is made public. He'll be humiliated and so he should be.

Could the final twenty minutes of that game have been any worse? Leaving aside the goals, how many of our players managed to get themselves suspended for next week with their careless/undisciplined actions? Cahill, Fornaroli, Bouzanis (probably), Fernando...am I missing anyone? 

Edited by SF33

5 minutes ago, coys said:

As much as I can pick at his faults I just can't dislike him. He honestly bleeds for the shirt and I think his passion is up there with the best on the pitch. Unfortunately he had a brain fade and said what he said and will get a justifiable sanction but he will go down as a cult hero for it

Agree with the bolded. Really warming to him as a player. His "brain fade", however, is completely unacceptable from a professional. I'd like to see how most of the people on this forum would go in their workplace if they called someone what Bouzanis is alleged to have called Berisha. Chances are, most of us would be out on our arses. So, if people want to call him a hero from behind their keyboards, go for it. It's not on. And if it gets found out, he'll be pilloried for it and it will likely be the first thing people think of when they hear his name for the rest of his career.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SF33 said:

Agree with the bolded. Really warming to him as a player. His "brain fade", however, is completely unacceptable from a professional. I'd like to see how most of the people on this forum would go in their workplace if they called someone what Bouzanis is alleged to have called Berisha. Chances are, most of us would be out on our arses. So, if people want to call him a hero from behind their keyboards, go for it. It's not on. And if it gets found out, he'll be pilloried for it and it will likely be the first thing people think of when they hear his name for the rest of his career.  

I agree with you entirely here and as you pointed out there will be a few who will love him for what he said to Besart. I don't agree with it but in my honest opinion people will view him as a cult hero for it.

But to be honest I suspect players on the pitch say alot worse just like sledging in cricket but this time he was caught out. I reckon besart won't be front and centre calling for suspension he seems the type who will say it's nothing personal it just what happens. Again not saying what he said was right because it wasn't

• Like 1

Professional, Determined and disciplined competitor after landing a punch to the jaw while the opponent is wavering doesn't turn around and walk off to their corner celebrating. Job is not done. 

You bloody keep punching until ref blows the final whistle.

Instead we allow them 2 goals plus made roar's job easy next weekend 

what a disgraceful way to crumble to these animals. 

• Like 1

You can't fault his passion or endeavour and he has improved out of sight,  in 4 derby this season he has looked like he wants to punch on with berisha,  and I love it 

But he seems to have overstep here,  hopefully suspension can be kept minimal and he can come back as a better player again 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, coys said:

I agree with you entirely here and as you pointed out there will be a few who will love him for what he said to Besart. I don't agree with it but in my honest opinion people will view him as a cult hero for it.

But to be honest I suspect players on the pitch say alot worse just like sledging in cricket but this time he was caught out. I reckon besart won't be front and centre calling for suspension he seems the type who will say it's nothing personal it just what happens. Again not saying what he said was right because it wasn't

I agree with that. Not sure that it would be that prevalent in either sport now, because if a player is outed for it these days, he is publicly shamed for it. Take the Darren Lehmann against Sri Lanka or Lleyton Hewitt (who, in his heydey, made Kyrgios look like a choir boy) against James Blake incidents from around 15 years ago. They may as well have been 50 years ago, because as far as I'm aware, neither Lehmann nor Hewitt received any real sanction (Hewitt didn't even admit any wrongdoing). In the social media age, that wouldn't fly. It would be front page news for a week and they'd spend months on the sidelines.

Edited by SF33

1 minute ago, Mr MO said:

Is GYPSY a swear word?

No but its not only inaccurate (Roma are found throughout Europe and have no specific nationality) but it's racial vilification.It would be no different from calling a player a fucking jew or calling FBK a Moslem cunt. It's not acceptable, it's the language of Donald Trump

Melbourne City FC would like to issue the following statement in relation to and on behalf of the Club’s A-League goalkeeper Dean Bouzanis regarding remarks the player directed at a Melbourne Victory opponent during a match on Saturday 4 February 2017.

Melbourne City offered an immediate apology to Melbourne Victory for the player’s actions and will make a formal apology to Melbourne Victory and the player today.

Bouzanis admitted making the remarks out of ignorance; however, has since understood the seriousness of his comments.

Once informed of the gravity of his actions, Bouzanis committed to redressing the offence at the earliest opportunity.

As such, he will issue a formal and personal apology to the player and begin an appropriate educational course to rectify the gaps in his understanding.

The Club regrets the incident and any offence caused.
Read more at http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/club-statement/1w01zynt4atjq1wwz1cz3unuam#3q2QqY0GJzsXTqdX.99

2 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

No but its not only inaccurate (Roma are found throughout Europe and have no specific nationality) but it's racial vilification.It would be no different from calling a player a fucking jew or calling FBK a Moslem cunt. It's not acceptable, it's the language of Donald Trump

You can't be serious? if the racial term does not apply to Berisha, how is it racial vilification against that player? 

If Bouzanis is ignorant to the offensive nature of the term Gypsy, then I think this is completely overblown. Education, a club imposed 1 game and some kiddie clinics and sorted.

If he called someone the names you mentioned or called FBK a terrorist, then throw the book at him! Storm in a teacup.

(BTW, I'm still one of the few people that believe Suarez was stitched up in what he said to Evra, due Suarez' background and meaning of the word not being taken into consideration!)

26 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

But Berisha is a cunt so he will play next game.

Next.

Fixed

10 minutes ago, Habitual said:

You can't be serious? if the racial term does not apply to Berisha, how is it racial vilification against that player? 

If Bouzanis is ignorant to the offensive nature of the term Gypsy, then I think this is completely overblown. Education, a club imposed 1 game and some kiddie clinics and sorted.

If he called someone the names you mentioned or called FBK a terrorist, then throw the book at him! Storm in a teacup.

(BTW, I'm still one of the few people that believe Suarez was stitched up in what he said to Evra, due Suarez' background and meaning of the word not being taken into consideration!)

Fixed

You just gave me an idea on FBK. Thanks! :D

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Habitual said:

If Bouzanis is ignorant to the offensive nature of the term Gypsy, then I think this is completely overblown.

Logic/10. So if someone doesnt understand the severity of the word but still uses it as a slur it shouldnt matter?

Lets change the example. If he was following an Asian player around the field, pointing at them and loudly yelling "You're a fucking chink" you would be OK with it as long as he didnt understand how offensive it was?

• Like 2