Melbourne Football

Dean Bouzanis

Parrot

8 minutes ago, Chris p said:

But he wasn't this season, he's been outshone by a host of players. reddy lawrence thomas etc. 

Sorry Chris but u really dont know what your talking about. How do u know if he is  outshone if he isnt even playing. We would see how good sorensen is if he is playing everyweek then u can judge

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorensen must be lined up for a position with CFG. Surely, otherwise he'd have gone public with frustration at the position he finds himself in? All coaches make mistakes - they're only human - but at least they can produce some basis for the decisions they've made. FFS van 't Schip can't do that - he's just behaving irrationally now.

21 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Sorensen must be lined up for a position with CFG. Surely, otherwise he'd have gone public with frustration at the position he finds himself in? All coaches make mistakes - they're only human - but at least they can produce some basis for the decisions they've made. FFS van 't Schip can't do that - he's just behaving irrationally now.

Even if he was frustrated, he comes across as the ultimate pro to me and I don't think that's the sort of move he'd make. That being said, from what I understand he's fine with the situation and is enjoying the transition into more of a coaching role.

25 minutes ago, Embee said:

Even if he was frustrated, he comes across as the ultimate pro to me and I don't think that's the sort of move he'd make. That being said, from what I understand he's fine with the situation and is enjoying the transition into more of a coaching role.

Wouldn't surprise me, haven't we lost our GK coach? He could be filling that role now?

On 31/12/2016 at 9:35 PM, loriente said:

Actively costing us points. Similar to Redmayne he is decent at making it look like there was nothing he could've done. Beaten at his near post 3 times in the past 2 games.

This is very accurate. Hard to find "obvious" blunders that have cost goals and he makes the "shot-stopping" kind of saves that any competent keeper should, but just doesn't command or control the area and there have been a number of goals where, although they aren't "mistakes" you just get the feeling that he could/should have done better. Very much like Redmayne. And the distribution thing is just a myth. Ditto the "sweeper keeper" talk. The only time he acts as a "sweeper" is when our players pass it back to him. We almost never see him actually come out of his box and clear a long ball/through ball which is behind our defence. Unlike someone like Galekovic who, as well as being good with his feet from passbacks, actually defensively cuts off a lot of long balls over the top. When that happens to us, Dean is pretty much backpedalling at a great rate towards our goal. Reads the game very poorly, which is what you would expect for someone who has basically been a back up keeper for the past decade: reasonable shot stopper, poor reader of play, poor organiser.    

Edited by dr lime
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, dr lime said:

This is very accurate. Hard to find "obvious" blunders that have cost goals and he makes the "shot-stopping" kind of saves that any competent keeper should, but just doesn't command or control the area and there have been a number of goals where, although they aren't "mistakes" you just get the feeling that he could/should have done better. Very much like Redmayne. And the distribution thing is just a myth. Ditto the "sweeper keeper" talk. The only time he acts as a "sweeper" is when our players pass it back to him. We almost never see him actually come out of his box and clear a long ball/through ball which is behind our defence. Unlike someone like Galekovic who, as well as being good with his feet from passbacks, actually defensively cuts off a lot of long balls over the top. When that happens to us, Dean is pretty much backpedalling at a great rate towards our goal. Reads the game very poorly, which is what you would expect for someone who has basically been a back up keeper for the past decade: reasonable shot stopper, poor reader of play, poor organiser.    

Agree 100%. As usual with CFG communication there is more to the Sorenson issue than we are being told.

9 hours ago, n i k o said:

Still can't believe he didn't come out to kick the ball out to high heaven in the one on one. Instead he shat himself on the spot. 

It annoyed me so much, he started coming out, then he back peddles then he plants himself and doesn't even make an effort to close

Even the one he saved i thought he was lucky the attacked kicked the ball straight into him.

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

im in the Sorensen in camp, but no way was Bouzanis even a little bit culpable for those goals.

defending was shocking but his positioning didn't help
1st goal, came off his line, didn't go for the cross
2nd goal, for a guy that spends probably half the game outside his box he shit himself very quickly to get back on that counter when he should of kept going

Just now, Thrillhouse said:

defending was shocking but his positioning didn't help
1st goal, came off his line, didn't go for the cross
2nd goal, for a guy that spends probably half the game outside his box he shit himself very quickly to get back on that counter when he should of kept going

Meh, would have been miraculous saves for either of them had he got to them. Don't really agree that there was anything wrong with what he did for the first one at all. Second one he possibly could have attacked but as a winger myself I actually find that helps when a keeper rushes at you.

He was much, much more culpable against Perth for the goals than anything he did last night. Certainly leaves you with your heart in your mouth at times with his playing out from the back though.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Meh, would have been miraculous saves for either of them had he got to them. Don't really agree that there was anything wrong with what he did for the first one at all. Second one he possibly could have attacked but as a winger myself I actually find that helps when a keeper rushes at you.

He was much, much more culpable against Perth for the goals than anything he did last night. Certainly leaves you with your heart in your mouth at times with his playing out from the back though.

Agree. No way in hell Bouzanis was at fault for the goals.

...2nd goal.. As others have said, it was a result of pushing everyone up for the late winner

After 90 minutes of a game played in mid 30s, there was no chance Rose would catch that fresh young fella when he took off. And come on, that first time volley assist from Guardiola was pure class also.

Woefully exposed at the back in these quick break scenarios - this happens every week and proves we need a fresh coach with balls to play their way and not just follow on from the old crap.

..and the 1st goal.. we have Jakobsen, Malik, Tongyik and Cahill stationed in the box waiting for the dangerous free kick. Everyone knows how well Isaias delivers them in, so they needed to be extra mindful... and not one of those fuckers went to McGowan. It's their job to ensure noone gets a free header, not the keeper's. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, rass said:

..and the 1st goal.. we have Jakobsen, Malik, Tongyik and Cahill stationed in the box waiting for the dangerous free kick. Everyone knows how well Isaias delivers them in, so they needed to be extra mindful... and not one of those fuckers went to McGowan. It's their job to ensure noone gets a free header, not the keeper's. 

I do blame the defenders marking, but The keeper needs to command his area. And once a goal like that has been conceded he should be right up in his defenders faces yelling at them saying how shit the defending was.

Edited by haz

1 hour ago, rass said:

Agree. No way in hell Bouzanis was at fault for the goals.

You have to be kidding, that 1st goal was the keeper's ball all day everyday, the fact that he came out and then crapped himself and then was in no man's land is a reflection of his lack of basic skills. He has cost us 3 goals in the last 5 weeks due to his inability to position himself correctly and exert his authority. Bring back Thomas immediately.

Edited by playmaker
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, playmaker said:

You have to be kidding, that 1st goal was the keeper's ball all day everyday, the fact that he came out and then crapped himself and then was in no man's land is a reflection of his lack of basic skills. He has cost us 3 goals in the last 5 weeks due to his inability to position himself correctly and exert his authority. Bring back Thomas immediately.

So you think it's ok for 4 blokes to let an opposition centre-half wander around unmarked in the box.

...interesting 🤔

42 minutes ago, rass said:

So you think it's ok for 4 blokes to let an opposition centre-half wander around unmarked in the box.

...interesting 🤔

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/mark-ochiengs-late-winner-delivers-adelaide-a-21-comeback-victory-over-melbourne-city/news-story/1135276e0a0e77a26daad02092d6d9b2

Watch Bouzanis, this is a cardinal GK error.

5 minutes ago, playmaker said:

He definitely looks to go for it then backs off. I originally thought he should have claimed it but looking at it again I doubt he would have got there. It was a good delivery. 

Keepers are much maligned since any error, even the very small, can and do lead to goals being conceded. People also look to keepers first when goals are conceded to see what error was made as if to say that error must be at fault in some way shape or form (even if it's in conjunction with something else).

Doesn't excuse keepers for when they do genuinely fuck up, just means you have to mindful of any error in the context of the overall defensive effort.

The one thing that pisses me off with Bouzanis is his inconsistent disposal / lack of variety in playing it long.  Always wants to play it short barring the times he claims a corner by the opposition (when he looks to Kamau et al for the counter).

The first half fuck up regarding Jakobsen came because Adelaide knew Bouzanis wouldn't go long so Adelaide could press high on our back four. Surprise fucking surprise Bouzanis plays it short but with the Adelaide press the short ball put Jakobsen into no man's land. Ball is turned over, lucky not to concede.

6 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

We're really stretching here to blame him for either of the goals last night.

Whilst he is shit and Sorenson should replace him, our backs was at fault for both of the goals last night. I still have nfi how we conceded the first goal last night. What terrible marking ffs

Exactly. 

Might as well pop round to Bundoora and saw Maliks legs off at the knees. What's the point of being 6'4" and built like a brick shithouse when you won't use it? As far as I could see his man got a free header in the 6 yard box. Mate that should be a weeks pay.

As for bloody Timmy, when you are the best header in the whole bloody confederation don't you need to pick up an attacker?

MV better have these pricks practicing defending set pieces all week.

Edited by Shahanga

Goalkeeper Dean Bouzanis Re-Signs with Melbourne City FC

Tuesday, 17 January 2017 -

Melbourne City FC has re-signed goalkeeper Dean Bouzanis on a three-year deal until the conclusion of the Hyundai A-League 2019/20 Season.

The 26-year-old shot-stopper joined City in January 2016 on a short-term deal, before signing a one-year contract extension in April last year. Bouzanis has made 15 appearances in the A-League during the 2016/17 season.

Commenting on the re-signing, Bouzanis said; “It’s an honour to re-sign for Melbourne City for the next three years.

“This season I feel I have progressed as a player in a fantastic environment, working with experienced coaching staff – previously with John van’t Schip, and now with Michael Valkanis and Joe Montemurro – who have helped me to become a more rounded player.”

Melbourne City FC welcomes Central Coast Mariners to AAMI Park this Thursday 19 January in Round 16 of the A-League.

- See more at: http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/goalkeeper-dean-bouzanis-re-signs-with-melbourne-city-fc/jhgrzhsm4eqa1ahdffeawqtlo#sthash.tCLZSHAY.dpuf
Read more at http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/goalkeeper-dean-bouzanis-re-signs-with-melbourne-city-fc/jhgrzhsm4eqa1ahdffeawqtlo#JDMHoROXDGsqpTZy.99

I'm no Bouzanis hater but a three year deal seems crazy even to me. But as we've seen by last year's Jan signings, deals these days don't really count for anything