Melbourne Football

Dean Bouzanis

Parrot

6 hours ago, Chris p said:

Still waiting. 

Didn't watch the perth game?

I'm pretty sure he dropped a ball headed right to him (which cost us a goal) and the third goal well....

But i guess its ok as long as we can beat shit teams like Adelaide united and the mongs? We have had a pretty easy schedule so far, but against the perths and sydneys of the league, he will be found out, badly.

I don't know what sorenson did to you, but the guy is a hands down better keeper.The way he commands his box, do you think that bullshit third goal against perth would have occurred if sorenson was keeping? Absolutely not. He was as @dr lime pointed out the best keeper in the league last year, had a really good game against wellington (before the red) and suddenly now we're giving up on him? wtf?

Now i'm not against giving a younger keeper a go over sorenson, but its very clear bouzanis is not the answer. Whilst i will give credit to bouzanis, he has an amazing goal celebration slide after we score a goal, i could not name one area goalkeeping wise in which he excels over sorenson

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 2

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Didn't watch the perth game?

I'm pretty sure he dropped a ball headed right to him (which cost us a goal) and the third goal well....

But i guess its ok as long as we can beat shit teams like Adelaide united and the mongs? We have had a pretty easy schedule so far, but against the perths and sydneys of the league, he will be found out, badly.

I don't know what sorenson did to you, but the guy is a hands down better keeper.The way he commands his box, do you think that bullshit third goal against perth would have occurred if sorenson was keeping? Absolutely not. He was as @dr lime pointed out the best keeper in the league last year, had a really good game against wellington (before the red) and suddenly now we're giving up on him? wtf?

Now i'm not against giving a younger keeper a go over sorenson, but its very clear bouzanis is not the answer. Whilst i will give credit to bouzanis, he has an amazing goal celebration slide after we score a goal, i could not name one area goalkeeping wise in which he excels over sorenson

How about not picking up needless red cards ? seems like a pretty good area to excel in

7 minutes ago, Chris p said:

How about not picking up needless red cards ? seems like a pretty good area to excel in

I'm assuming you're talking about the wellington game?

The game in which he saved the match for us? (and the red card was completely incidental anyhow?)

He's picked up one red card in two seasons? http://www.ultimatealeague.com/player_detail.php?player_id=952 What more do you want?

You have no leg to stand on. Just stop. Unless you would like to debate a suitable back up for sorenson? Theres an interesting argument right there

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

I'm assuming you're talking about the wellington game?

The game in which he saved the match for us? (and the red card was completely incidental anyhow?)

He's picked up one red card in two seasons? http://www.ultimatealeague.com/player_detail.php?player_id=952 What more do you want?

You have no leg to stand on. Just stop. Unless you would like to debate a suitable back up for sorenson? Theres an interesting argument right there

That was his first ever red card http://us.soccerway.com/players/thomas-sorensen/2788/ 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chris p said:

You do realise it was in the context of his matches so far ? 

@kingofhearts wrote : Sorenson is our best keeper. Play him or wait and watch bouzanis cost us games.

Look i didn't invent the English language, but im pretty confident in saying wait and watch is a concept based on the future.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I've noticed deflection tactics is his modus operandi, thought I'd just give it a try.

Anyway if you're losing an argument to the kaiser you've really gotta sit and think if you're in the right. 

In fairness I didn't come up with the argument first. The points already been made by much brighter and more coherent users of the English language than myself

Sometimes I need to just jump on the bandwagon and get a few likes after all the poundings I get from det on here.... #kaiserinsecurities 

• Like 2

Sorensen wasn't dropped; he was suspended covering for someone else's mistake. If Sorensen had been dropped, due to a string of poor performances, then yes, I'd be OK with Bouzanis still holding the #1 spot, as he's been decent (in my opinion) and could be the #1 option next year. We've given him some solid game time now and I wouldn't be against him getting another 3-5 games later in the season to keep Sorensen fresh.

But Sorensen was the best keeper in the league last year and he did nothing wrong in half a game this year. Bouzanis would have to be keeping flawlessly to hold Sorensen out. And "flawless" isn't exactly the word that springs to mind when thinking of Bouzanis so far.

Fair play to him, he was fantastic against Wellington. Again, he stood up well against Victory, although they did score once in a game that we probably should have won about 6-0. He had a poor game against Perth, a very nervy clean sheet in the cup semi final and another ordinary game on Friday. The only game where he's really stood out, in my opinion, was his 30-odd minutes in NZ.

• Like 1

The only reason our number 1 goalkeeper got a red card was because he chose not to fall on his face and rather did the natural thing an put his hand out, and the ball just happened to hit his arm. He should have been on the pitch after he served his suspension as Bousanis is crap, doesn't know how to control his box, and even though his distribution is great on occasions he does make many distribution errors which leads to turnovers. Bring back Sorensen now, as having the best goalkeeper in the league on the bench is just plain stupid.

The 'Sack JVS' thread needs firing up because of this.

Edited by playmaker
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Jovan said:

This is becoming very similar to the pro Koren statements. 

...and the whole discussion equally as boring. Bouzanis has replaced Jack Clisby as the whipping boy for some forum internet warriors. How short memories are. I have no particular brief for either of our 'keepers, but those blowing Sorensen's trumpet forget how he cost us our final home league match last season (vs. Adelaide).

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

but those blowing Sorensen's trumpet forget how he cost us our final home league match last season (vs. Adelaide).

Absolutely an error that cost us a goal, but prob a bit of a stretch to suggest it cost us the game given we lost 2-0 and both goals were in the first half.

57 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Absolutely an error that cost us a goal, but prob a bit of a stretch to suggest it cost us the game given we lost 2-0 and both goals were in the first half.

Weak effort for the free-kick, and gave away the unnecessary penalty. Against the team on an amazing run. No way we were coming back from 0-2, so he cost us the match alright.

Just like any player, keepers will have gold games and have bad games, but Sorenson is the best keeper in the league (still a waste of a visa spot though), and Bouzanis the worst, so its a clear choice for most of us.

I do get JVS' angle, he thinks the distribution will help the team score more goals than the goals we'll cop with Bouzanis in goals, but I dont see it. Normally I'd trust the manger, but JVS lost that benefit a long time ago. Until I see otherwise this is another clear cut case of JVS incompetance.

• Like 1

Missed the first 4 minutes of tonight's Brisbane game but from that point I counted 8 long clearances from Bouzanis and we held possession from them..... once! (and Rose fucked that one up as well).  That included a goal kick straight out for a throw in. So glad we pick our keepers based on distribution as that must mean that Sorensen will be back in next week. I'm all out of words for this stupidity.   

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, mjake1234 said:

People talk about Dean's distribution but I have not been impressed with it in any game. Too many kicks out of bounds. His positioning is poor and command of his area almost non existant. Why does JVS persist - oh that's right - it's JVS.

Exactly. All these decisions are down to the coach. He simply is not a winner. Why CFG cannot see this is beyond me.

In all seriousness though, if JVS the master tactician super coach plans on playing Bouzanis for the rest of the season. Instead of wasting a Visa spot on the bench. The club should  'transfer' Sorenson to NYC or Manchester and bring in a big Balkan centre back who will rip Rose a new one when he does his usual one game fuck up.

• Like 1

Okay, besides the FFA Cup victory of the other Melbourne team, Dean has not kept a clean sheet and looks shaky (at best) and his positioning is down-right horrible.

Surely he can not keep his place. I maintain my opinion that something has gone on behind the scenes between Sorensen and JVS that we don't know about. If not, it's a waste of the best keeper in the league and a visa spot.

19 hours ago, daniboi said:

Okay, besides the FFA Cup victory of the other Melbourne team, Dean has not kept a clean sheet and looks shaky (at best) and his positioning is down-right horrible.

Surely he can not keep his place. I maintain my opinion that something has gone on behind the scenes between Sorensen and JVS that we don't know about. If not, it's a waste of the best keeper in the league and a visa spot.

If something has gone on between them and it's a choice of Sorenson or JVS, it seems that the wrong decision has been made.