Melbourne Football

Dean Bouzanis

Parrot

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st goal - nobody tracks the run to the back post, players sitting in the middle for a tap in, can't blame bouzanis for that.

2nd goal - goal line clearance, failed to win the second header, conceeded from point blank range, stiff to blame bouzanis for not saving that Keogh was alone right in front.

3rd goal - should have stayed on his line but rose left him hung out to dry twice, it never should have reached that point, I attach very small blame to him for that.

made 2 huge saves to deny Keogh, would have faced many more problems if Perth had chosen the right option with the final pass, IMO bouzanis is the least off our worries based on how easily we got sliced open  at  times last night.

• Like 1

not saying he had a great game but he didn't have a shocker. What could he have done better to prevent us copping those 3 goals?

i find it more concerning that Perth were given those opportunities at point blank range. The first 2 rounds of the season there was a desire to win every ball and our closing down was the best I've ever seen from us.

Last night we were second to every ball and were being sliced open at the back. We could put any keeper in but if we keep gifting other teams those chances we'll be conceding every week.

The 2nd was a header right into his chest, that he somehow fumbled.

The 3rd, well just look at the replay I dont even know what he was thinking.

There is no doubt in my mind we would have at least drawn, maybe even won, that game if Sorensen was playing.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tesla said:

The 2nd was a header right into his chest, that he somehow fumbled.

The 3rd, well just look at the replay I dont even know what he was thinking.

There is no doubt in my mind we would have at least drawn, maybe even won, that game if Sorensen was playing.

Sorensen should be keeping end of story.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kiro Kompiro said:

don't blame him for the million shit back passes he got specially from the two ful backs  Its a stupid JVS tactic.

True. There were plenty of shit back passes but he had his fair share of fuck ups too.

There was a small patch where I felt like I was watching the old "NEVER pass forwards" JVS Heart days

3 minutes ago, Kiro Kompiro said:

Clean sheet with a very ordinary back 3 in a semi- he'll take it.

Very ordinary? Jakobsen has to be the best CB in the league. Our defensive problems are more that our tactics are ultra attacking, and that's why JVS prefers Bouzanis. Even JVS isn't inept enough to not realise Bouzanis is the worst keeper at actually keeping the goals in the league, but he likes that he can sweep the ball (when he isn't completely choking).

Today we were very lucky to not concede I thought, and yes Bouzanis made 1 good save but that's kind of what you expect and what his job is, you don't expect the fuck ups.

Just now, Jovan said:

I'm going to bed. My head hurts.

Now you know how I feel reading this thread.

8 hours ago, Tesla said:

Very ordinary? Jakobsen has to be the best CB in the league. Our defensive problems are more that our tactics are ultra attacking, and that's why JVS prefers Bouzanis. Even JVS isn't inept enough to not realise Bouzanis is the worst keeper at actually keeping the goals in the league, but he likes that he can sweep the ball (when he isn't completely choking).

Today we were very lucky to not concede I thought, and yes Bouzanis made 1 good save but that's kind of what you expect and what his job is, you don't expect the fuck ups.

Now you know how I feel reading this thread.

i agree Jakobsen is a good CB.  But lets have a look at the goal in the derby-Rojas went straight through Jakobsens territory.  Rose's back header?What about the miss yesterday by Berisha- Jakobson territory again.    I was right behind Muscat when he made that back pass when Bouzanis's kick was blocked and my first though t was the pass didn't have enough on it.

Bouzanis gets noticed because of the ridiculous number of times he's expected to sweep a back pass 45 meters to a team mate under pressure.  No other side in the league does that.  Heck half the outfield players can't do that.

• Like 1

He botched 2 kicks, but I feel sorry for him a bit because at times he is being put under pressure by silly back passes to him that simply don't need to be played, Sorensen will face the same pressure when he comes in, it's a clear bullshit jvs directive and it infuriates me.

I think when he has a lite bit if time on the ball his distribution is outstanding, it's when he has to think quickly he rushes and panics a little

He is probably better than alot of us thought he would be,  but sorenson is still better but he is a viable number 2 option that can play if needed 

25 minutes ago, Geo400 said:

He botched 2 kicks, but I feel sorry for him a bit because at times he is being put under pressure by silly back passes to him that simply don't need to be played, Sorensen will face the same pressure when he comes in, it's a clear bullshit jvs directive and it infuriates me.

Agree. Infuriates me too. The occasional backpass to switch sides of the field is OK, but not just playing it backwards for the sake of it as we do. I can only assume that we do it to give our midfield a bit of a breather because of our high-press tactics.  IMO the out-and-out criticism of Bouzanis on here is not warranted. Seems to me that he's replaced Clisby as everybody's whipping boy.