Melbourne Football

Dean Bouzanis

Parrot

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As bad as Redders is, this is based on what?

Bouzanis has flopped everywhere he's been, I'd rather go after someone who's proven they can play at this level or higher, not someone else who's proven that they can't.

Or alternatively take a big punt and promote a youth goal keeper. Sure its a risk but taken a stopper that has been everywhere and flopped is a losing proposition.

• Like 1

Bouzanis has flopped everywhere he's been, I'd rather go after someone who's proven they can play at this level or higher, not someone else who's proven that they can't.

Or alternatively take a big punt and promote a youth goal keeper. Sure its a risk but taken a stopper that has been everywhere and flopped is a losing proposition.

Mariners did that for Ryan and it worked out alright for them

Mariners did that for Ryan and it worked out alright for them

You don't think a guy who is going to be in the top 5 goalkeepers in the world within a few years showed a bit of talent to get that chance?

JVS loves to give youth a chance, so I'm sure if the youth team keepers were showing some promise he would have handed them a chance over Redmayne today.

Bouzanis looked a quality keeper in the one game he filled in for Ante Covic.

He's only 24, so his best years are ahead of him.

On 27 January 2013, Bouzanis played in Oldham's upset 3-2 win in a F.A. Cup club 4th round tie against Liverpool.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Bouzanis

I guess the Wanderers and every other club he's played for that eventually cast him aside are wrong about his obvious potential then...

• 4 weeks later...

We should go after Dean Bouzanis.

Mark Bosnich was glowing in his praise of his performance after he got a rare start for the Wanderers last night against Kashima Antlers.

Dean Bouzanis looks much better than what we've got.

:droy:

I'll take more 100% more notice of a goal keeping expert like Mark Bosnich's opinion of Dean Bouzanis than you any day. :lol:

Is a GK worth a visa spot? There are four available at season's end.

Depends how serious CFG want to win next year, I reckon get a Visa keeper on a one year contract for starters. We would need a solid defence though cause any good keeper can look like shit with a weak defence.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Don't rate him whatsoever.

But given that unless Sorensen gets an injury, he'll never play for us I couldn't really care less. Probably not any better options available at minimum wage and its probably unlikely he'll be with us past this season anyway.

• Like 2

He clearly got talent and hence why Liverpool signed him when he was young but obviously he wasn't good enough and unable to hold regular spot in several clubs after that. I suspect Clint Bolton may have something to do with it as they both had a spell in Shitney FC. Wrong move City..!  Now than ever we need Sorensen to be fit and healthy.  

Edited by raw10

12 hours ago, bt50 said:

Don't rate him whatsoever.

But given that unless Sorensen gets an injury, he'll never play for us I couldn't really care less. Probably not any better options available at minimum wage and its probably unlikely he'll be with us past this season anyway.

Pretty much this. However I wouldn't rule out Bouzanis coming good as a no. 2, who plays now and again and does a serviceable job. Stranger things have happened in the A-League with goalkeepers (take Velaphi himself. He arrived at our club to widespread skepticism, including from me, and he turned out to be a very good A-League goalkeeper [as a no. 1 or a no. 2]).

But in all likelihood Bouzanis joins the team, sits on the bench for the whole season, and is probably released at the end of the season to be replaced by a superior Australian goalkeeper going into next season. And the club probably improves its salary cap position by releasing Velaphi (who'd be above minimum wage) and signing Bouzanis (who will likely be minimum wage). So if only for the latter reason Bouzanis is a reasonable signing for the remainder of this season.

Edited by Murfy1