Melbourne Football

Round 15: City vs. Western Sydney, 1st February, 5.00 p.m.

jw1739

Time to get down to business for the second half of the season.

Going to be interesting to see what van 't Schip does with the line-up, because if we want to finish in the top half of the table there can be no more stuff-ups and fade-outs. I guess we should see Clisby for at least some match time, but there would seem to be question marks over Kennedy. Even if we do eventually land Franjic would he be available? - probably too soon for that - and there's no other rumours concerning the transfer market except possibly with Germano and Williams leaving.

Time to get down to business for the second half of the season.

Going to be interesting to see what van 't Schip does with the line-up, because if we want to finish in the top half of the table there can be no more stuff-ups and fade-outs. I guess we should see Clisby for at least some match time, but there would seem to be question marks over Kennedy. Even if we do eventually land Franjic would he be available? - probably too soon for that - and there's no other rumours concerning the transfer market except possibly with Germano and Williams leaving.

If we did get franjic no chance he is available same with spiranovic and juric as they will be playing Saturday night or Friday if things don't go well

Redders

Hoff-Kisnorbo-Chapman-Clisby

Paartalu---Koren---Mooy

Duff----Kennedy---Williams

This would probably be my preferred XI, given the players that are available.

However I've got my doubts that Hoffman and Kennedy can play 90 minutes. Hoffman barely played 20 minutes in the last match against Dnipro (his first game in about 1 month), and likewise Kennedy hasn't played in a while so I don't see him starting. Hoffman might start, although maybe not play the full match, but I'm tipping Kennedy to debut for the last half hour.

So I reckon Williams will start as striker, and Brown or Dugandzic could start at LW. With Williams scoring his first goal in 7 weeks against Dnipro, hopefully Williams shows he can be a goal-threat before Kennedy is fit enough to start and replace him.

Clisby is an interesting one. He should be fully match fit, given that he's made Perth's bench effectively every game this season. So I think he's a chance to start at LB, which would also give Garrucio an okay chance of finally starting at LW.

And with Koren now able to play 90 minutes, as shown with the match on Monday against Dnipro, I'm expecting Koren to show even more quality on the pitch. 

This match is a good opportunity for the team, and I reckon the players are ready for it.

Edited by Murfy1

Bringing a few soccer noobs to their first a league game Sunday, Asian cup has stirred up a bit of interest in the commoners.

If Australia wins on Saturday night, I don't see why we couldn't push well past 10,000 for this game.

Don't say that! Every time we have an opportunity to impress new comers to the game we play like absolute divs.

• Like 1

Well with the players available at the moment my team would be:

Redmayne

Germano

Chapman

Kisnorbo

Clisby

Paartalu

Melling

Mooy

Duff

Koren

Garuccio

Subs

GK?

Wielhart

Mauk (if fit otherwise Murdocca)

Brown

Kennedy

As far as I am concerned Williams, Dugandzic and Ramsay shouldn't be anywhere near the team unless we have injuries

Edited by silva10
  • Like 1

Redmayne

Germano

Chapman

Kisnorbo

Clisby

Paartalu

Melling

Mooy

Duff

Koren

Garuccio

Subs

GK?

Wielhart

Brown

Kennedy

As far as I am concerned Williams, Dugandzic and Ramsay shouldn't be anywhere near the team unless we have injuries

Couldn't agree more. It would be nice to play Duff on the left, but I would sacrifice that to have Gooch play lw Edited by Tonyboozeadams

Redmayne

Germano

Chapman

Kisnorbo

Clisby

Paartalu

Melling

Mooy

Duff

Koren

Garuccio

Subs

GK?

Wielhart

Brown

Kennedy

Germano didn't play a single minute in Abu Dhabi. Can't see that he can justify a place in the squad, let alone a start.

I'd say Stevanja will be our reserve GK for this match.

Redmayne

Safuwan Germano

Chapman

Kisnorbo

Garuccio Clisby

Paartalu

Melling

Mooy

Brown Duff

Koren

Duff Garuccio

Subs:

GK?

Wielhart

Mauk (if fit otherwise Germano if fit otherwise Murdocca)

Clisby Brown

Kennedy

Here is my revised line-up. I figured Clisby is new and might need time to gel so I left Garuccio at LB for now. Once Clisby gets subbed on (for Brown), Garuccio can move up to the LW and Duff to RW.

• Like 1

Melbourne City FC Squad:

1.Andrew REDMAYNE (GK), 4.Connor CHAPMAN, 5.Erik PAARTALU, 6.Aaron MOOY, 7.Iain RAMSAY, 10.Robert KOREN, 11.Damien DUFF, 15.David WILLIAMS, 17. Jason HOFFMAN, 18.Paulo RETRE, 19.Benjamin GARUCCIO, 22. Jack CLISBY 24.Patrick KISNORBO ©, 25. Jacob MELLING, 27, Ross ARCHBALD, # TBC. SafuwanBAHARUDIN, 40. Marko STEVANJA (GK)

***two to be omitted***

Ins: 25. Jacob MELLING (returns from suspension), #TBC. Safuwan BAHARUDIN (new signing), 22. Jack CLISBY (new signing), 40. Marko STEVANJA (GK) (promoted - FNYL)

Outs: 23. Mate DUGANDZIC (?), 14. James BROWN (Knee - TBC), 3. Robbie WIELAERT (Ankle - TBC), 20. Tando VELAPHI (suspended - 1 week)

Unavailable: Nil

Redmayne

Hoffman   Chapman  Kisnorbo   Clisby

Paartalu

Melling   Mooy

Koren     Williams     Duff

Stevanja     Bahudarin    Garrucio    Ramsay    Retre

omit Archibald

No Kennedy obviously

It does say two to omit though, so perhaps they've left him out by accident??

Edited by bt50
  • Like 1

Kennedy hasn't had a competitive match since May(?) and hasn't played since August. There is no point playing him until he gets some match time in the youth team. 6 odd weeks of training isn't enough to get him match ready for an a league match. Rather be cautious with him than rushing him back.

Redmayne

Paartalu

Melling   Mooy

omit Archibald

No Kennedy obviously

the oracle.

in which case:

Redmayne

Paartalu

Melling   Mooy

Stevanja     Bahudarin    Garrucio    Kennedy    Retre

omit Archibald   Ramsay

Edited by bt50
  • Like 1

Redmayne

Paartalu

Melling   Mooy

omit Archibald

No Kennedy obviously

the oracle.

in which case:

Redmayne

Paartalu

Melling   Mooy

Stevanja     Bahudarin    Garrucio    Kennedy    Retre

omit Archibald   Ramsay

FYI BeardedHeart

Edited by King Malta
  • Like 1

Melbourne City FC Squad: 1.Andrew REDMAYNE (GK), 4.Connor CHAPMAN, 5.Erik PAARTALU, 6.Aaron MOOY, 7.Iain RAMSAY, 10.Robert KOREN, 11.Damien DUFF, 15.David WILLIAMS, 16. Josh KENNEDY, 17. Jason HOFFMAN, 19.Benjamin GARUCCIO, 22. Jack CLISBY 24.Patrick KISNORBO ©, 25. Jacob MELLING, 27, Ross ARCHBALD, # TBC. SafuwanBAHARUDIN, 40. Marko STEVANJA (GK)

***two to be omitted***

Ins: 16. Josh KENNEDY (new signing), 25. Jacob MELLING (returns from suspension), #TBC. Safuwan BAHARUDIN (new signing), 22. Jack CLISBY (new signing), 40. Marko STEVANJA (GK) (promoted - FNYL)

Outs: 18. Paulo RETRE (omitted), 23. Mate DUGANDZIC (knee - two-weeks), 14. James BROWN (knee - TBC), 3. Robbie WIELAERT (ankle - TBC), 20. Tando VELAPHI (suspended - 1 week)

Unavailable: Nil

Western Sydney Wanderers FC Squad: 1.Ante COVIC (gk), 2.Shannon COLE, 4.Nikolai TOPOR-STANLEY ©, 5.Brendan HAMILL, 6.Antony GOLEC, 7.Labinot HALITI, 8.MATEO POLJAK,10.Yojiro TAKAHAGI, 11.Brendon SANTALAB, 12.Nikita RUKAVYTSYA, 15.Yianni PERKATIS, 16.Jaushua SOTIRIO, 19.Mark BRIDGE, 20.Dean BOUZANIS (gk), 23.Jason TRIFIRO, 31.Alusine FOFANAH, 32.Daniel ALESSI, 38.Steve KUZMANOVSKI

***two to be omitted***

Ins: 10.Yojiro TAKAHAGI (new signing), 11.Brendon SANTALAB (return from injury), 31.Alusine FOFANAH (promoted)

Outs: 33.Nick KALMAR (injury-replacement contract ended)

Unavailable: 34.Golgol MEBRAHTU (knee – indefinite), 9.Tomi JURIC (international duty – 1 match), 13.Matthew SPIRANOVIC (international duty – 1 match)

Read more at http://www.a-league.com.au/article/hyundai-a-league-round-15-ins-and-outs/tgpgkr09w6l11dqz9fam8dopz#dCA54cmKKvDIXsOM.99

Nicky Kalmar out coz his contract ended? I'm glad he won't have to see him in WSW colours, but I feel for the guy - surely he proved himself to earn a contract til the end of the season!?!

he'll still get a contract with them, think they are still moving their players around to fit him in

• Like 1