Melbourne Football

The Ivan Franjic thread

kingofhearts

On 19/07/2017 at 11:09 AM, japiedog said:

as alluded to by others, he came with good pedigree,  I mean, what a player he was at Brisbane

BUT, he rarely, if ever produced that form for us, so yes a loss for us if he was producing big performances.

Good luck to him in Korea, I hope that it turns out better for him there than it did for BIG ERIK

he was never the same post russia.  

i do think he was coming into better form in the back half of last season - not near his peak.  he's certainly not irreplaceable, but i always liked him.

Those looking to muscat have rocks in their head.  he was the WORST player in the squad last year.  he should not even be in the A-League.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

If he's been given some sort of severance payment as part of his termination from the club perhaps he'd come back for a minimal one year deal?

Given his social media posts he seems to have left City on good terms, you think he'd be open to a return if everything lined up.

Edited by Embee
  • Like 1

So mutually terminated contract .....

things didn't go as well as he hoped and he didn't perform to the expectations of the club

He never really turned it on for us and obviously not for his Korean club.

his apex performances at Roar appear to have deserted him

not sure if I'd have him back based on his previous stint with us, when he was underwhelming to say the least

I'd have him back on the basis that he'd make our starting XI stronger, albeit not by much. Based on his performances with us, i really only think he's a minor upgrade on Manny. In saying that, you get him back to his pre Asian Cup form and he's got serious upside.

Wouldn't want to be paying him anywhere near as much as last time though tbh.

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

Continues the pattern reported by Mauk of pretty ruthless player management by Korean clubs?

You mean Abbas and Partaalu?

Bith have told similar stories. Forced to train alone, basically stuffed around at every opportunity to try to get this to happen. Shit behaviour if you ask me, do your due diligence before you sign a player, not after. Should be illegal.

Would take Ivan back in a heart beat.

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

You mean Abbas and Partaalu?

Bith have told similar stories. Forced to train alone, basically stuffed around at every opportunity to try to get this to happen. Shit behaviour if you ask me, do your due diligence before you sign a player, not after. Should be illegal.

Would take Ivan back in a heart beat.

You're right, Paartalu. 

44 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

@Jovan Chapman is playing fairly regularly for Incheon. Not every match, but he's featured in 23 matches and scored two goals. I would say he's made a successful transition.

And being a little younger is probably more likely to put up with more shit than an older pro.

45 minutes ago, n i k o said:

The tards are relatively thin defensively so wouldn't be surprised if it's them. Got no prob with that tbh as we prob cant fit him in and I'm sure he'd want to be in melbs with family so it makes sense. 

Id be seriously shocked if he signed with them. 

• 4 weeks later...