Melbourne Football

The Ivan Franjic thread

kingofhearts

Can say his younger brother works with a bloke who's related to a bloke I work with, the word is he is being courted by four teams us being one (tards being one also) his preference is city however it will depend on salary cap and d Williams being traded the key factor.

Pretty close relation

Can say his younger brother works with a bloke who's related to a bloke I work with, the word is he is being courted by four teams us being one (tards being one also) his preference is city however it will depend on salary cap and d Williams being traded the key factor.

So williams gets another chance to ruin things for us again?

My neighbours second cousins uncles brother knows a bloke who's nephews girlfriends step mums former boss is related to the bloke who used to mow the lawn 5 houses down from Franjics parents. Can confirm 100% true.

That bloke mowed the lawn 6 houses down from franjics parents house.

don't make up lies mate.

My neighbours second cousins uncles brother knows a bloke who's nephews girlfriends step mums former boss is related to the bloke who used to mow the lawn 5 houses down from Franjics parents. Can confirm 100% true.

That bloke mowed the lawn 6 houses down from franjics parents house.

don't make up lies mate.

Clutching at straws pal. I'm not counting the vacant lot with the retro couch sitting atop the shopping trolleys.

So williams gets another chance to ruin things for us again?Not really. I hear the good Sheikh is going to make Willo an offer that's too good to refuse - if you know what I mean ;) Edited by HEARTinator

So williams gets another chance to ruin things for us again?Not really. I hear the good Sheikh is going to make Willo an offer that's too good to refuse - if you know what I mean ;)

Agree to mutually terminate his contract or receive 50 lashes in Fed Square before every home game?

• Like 1

Pretty close relation

Take from it what you will, but I am only informing of what I've been told. As far as my mate goes I believe him so hopefully they can move willow on.

So williams gets another chance to ruin things for us again?Not really. I hear the good Sheikh is going to make Willo an offer that's too good to refuse - if you know what I mean ;) Agree to mutually terminate his contract or receive 50 lashes in Fed Square before every home game?

#Moderate

• Like 1

Pretty close relation Would agree if he was lebo lol

His positioning isn't good enough to play at a high level imo, but a good a-league player

You can teach positioning. Much easier to improve than football skills or athleticism.

I think it is the other way around. Good positioning comes about from reading the game, which is not something that is easy to teach. Athleticism is obviously capped by each person, but can be improved through training, same with football skills, that just comes down to repetition.  Positioning can be improved with experience, but its really down to what is between the ears.

• Like 3

Would still be the best right back in the a league, and a Melbourne boy which is good, I'm sick of having fuck all melbournians in the squad.

I still remember a few years ago we were rumored to go after him and the general consensus on the forum was he's not better than maronne, interesting to see how there careers panned out and the forum reaction now...

His positioning isn't good enough to play at a high level imo, but a good a-league player

You can teach positioning. Much easier to improve than football skills or athleticism.

I think it is the other way around. Good positioning comes about from reading the game, which is not something that is easy to teach. Athleticism is obviously capped by each person, but can be improved through training, same with football skills, that just comes down to repetition.  Positioning can be improved with experience, but its really down to what is between the ears.

Interesting way of looking at.  My comment probably relates more to younger players.

Franjic is 27 and pretty experienced, so he should be a knowledgeable player now (BTW I haven't seen enough of him to know that his positioning really is poor).  

SST saying that the latest news on Franjic is that: 

Franjic [is] talking to Melbourne City

https://twitter.com/SocStoppageTime/status/557102410984738817

Sounds like Melbourne City are the main A-League contender to land Franjic. If I had to guess, I'd say that some salary cap space probably needs to be freed up first before a deal can be struck..

Sounds like Melbourne City are the main A-League contender to land Franjic. If I had to guess, I'd say that some salary cap space probably needs to be freed up first before a deal can be struck..

Yep, and Williams is leaving as well

Sounds like Melbourne City are the main A-League contender to land Franjic. If I had to guess, I'd say that some salary cap space probably needs to be freed up first before a deal can be struck..Yep, and Williams is leaving as well Well Williams asked to leave and the club will allow him to find another deal. So he has to find another deal first

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1

Sounds like Melbourne City are the main A-League contender to land Franjic. If I had to guess, I'd say that some salary cap space probably needs to be freed up first before a deal can be struck..Yep, and Williams is leaving as well Well Williams asked to leave and the club will allow him to find another deal. So he has to find another deal first I thought that rumour was quashed?

Do people seriously think we're signing Franjic?

No chance. You'd need an Australian marquee spot to get this guy. Yeah the Rubels collapsed but his still collecting that low tax Russian football riches.

Would be getting him on loan for only half a season...I'm sure they can strike some kind of deal, i.e. we'll give you $150k, a nice shiny new Nissan, "rent assistance" and Massimo's wife will cook you dinner every night to save you money on food  ;)

I'd love franjic at the club. One of the best rb's in the league.

But surely we should get in a better cb and lb.

But like many have said before, in the a-league, you take quality when it is available

At LB we now have Clisby.

At CB we have Paddy, Chappy and Robbie.

At RB we have a Winger and whatever Hoffman is... so I think a RB is exactly what we need ATM.

Edited by cadete