Melbourne Football

Cricket

Shahanga

On 06/01/2017 at 5:00 PM, Shahanga said:

Not sure I've ever seen a test wicket keeper worse than this Pakistani bloke. Should be playing club cricket somewhere.

How many people live in Pakistan? Surely they have someone better than him!

I could get the gig tbh, just pay the right people, ez life in Pakistan if you have a few bucks.

• 1 month later...

"Gary" Lyon running through the Indians in Bangalore and how about Kohli's dismissal???? He'll never live that one down, looked like a park cricketer.

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/virat-kohli-leaves-ball-lbw-nathan-lyon-shoulders-arm-no-shot-australia-india-bengaluru/2017-03-04

to make it even funnier, kohli took that to review.  Sorry mate, no Indian umpires in this game.

Edited by Shahanga

15 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

So are we actually good or are India just shit?

The question you always wonder when you win against the odds!

Look we seem to be playing very well, Gary was bowling what looked like hand grenades & the openers looked solid.

I suspect India might have got a bit ahead of themselves before the series started and now are in a hole as a result.

im backing Shaun Marsh to get a century this innings and just finish em off.

8 hours ago, Shahanga said:

im backing Shaun Marsh to get a century this innings and just finish em off.

Red line, out for 66 after having done the hard work.

To those who only know 20/20, S Marsh is the best player of spin in the country and the sub continent is the place to play the guy.

Anyway we have to bat last, so in this wicket we need to be 50 ahead to be even.

4 hours ago, bt50 said:

This is some Test.

Yeah fair dinkum hard top level cricket.

pity about the end though, we capitulated there. Test deserved a closer finish.

Unless it's a road for the next one we have to bring in Khawaja for M Marsh, guy's a passenger right now. If it is a road we'll need a decent 5th bowler, Agar or M Marsh I guess.

55 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Yeah fair dinkum hard top level cricket.

pity about the end though, we capitulated there. Test deserved a closer finish.

Unless it's a road for the next one we have to bring in Khawaja for M Marsh, guy's a passenger right now. If it is a road we'll need a decent 5th bowler, Agar or M Marsh I guess.

I'm more than happy to bring a bat in for the all-rounder. Its honestly beggars belief that Mitch Marsh gets picked on decks like this. I think the guy is a handy bowler but hes not going to get bowled much in Indian conditions, so pick a better batter.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Now collapsing. Marsh needs to get a tonne against that chinaman 

Need a miracle to win it from here.

But still very impressed with the entire series. For ages it's been a zero chance win situation but this series at times we have been a genuine chance.

That was a fantastic series, showed why test cricket is No 1.

Unfortunately we didn't win, just a couple of bad sessions really cost us. In the end I reckon we needed to get more from the experienced batsmen Warner & S Marsh, needed runs from those guys in the second innings in Bangalore and in this last one and they both failed. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

We lost, but a what a fucking test.

I'm sure a lot of plebs will think its some sort of disaster given its Bangladesh, but they are far and away the most improved side in Test cricket and gone are the days where they are easy beats on their home deck at least. Cracking test, and like the India series, absorbing, see-sawing game of cricket.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bt50 said:

We lost, but a what a fucking test.

I'm sure a lot of plebs will think its some sort of disaster given its Bangladesh, but they are far and away the most improved side in Test cricket and gone are the days where they are easy beats on their home deck at least. Cracking test, and like the India series, absorbing, see-sawing game of cricket.

Agree with that. But seriously at this elite level I still can't comprehend why the fuck we can't handle spin. 

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

Agree with that. But seriously at this elite level I still can't comprehend why the fuck we can't handle spin. 

I think we can handle spin, but just not on decks that aren't Australia or South Africa. Same as all the other countries seem to struggle against our quicks when they're here. The old home ground advantage is more of a factor now than ever in cricket

• 2 months later...

Well ere we go again.

Interesting selections at the table, but it looks like we are going with

Warner
Bancroft
Khawaja
Smith
Handscomb
S. Marsh
Paine
Starc
Cummins
Lyon
Hazlewood.

Strong line up and pretty confident that we'll win this series, perhaps even whitewash it. Queries over 6 and 7 in particular, but our attack is probably the world's best atm and should be able to get us in a winning position on most occasions.

22 minutes ago, japiedog said:

Shaun Marsh given another go ????

get a young guy and stick with him

Probably an unpopular opinion but i think he's far better than the public give him credit for. Certainly no star, but he hasnt performed any worse than any of his rivals. Good technique and looks good when in, but the demons in his own head are his biggest problem. Anyhow this is definitely his last crack; if he fucks up in the first test he can kiss his international career goodbye.