Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

15 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Donald Rumsfeld quote

“Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know.

• One who knows and knows that he knows... His horse of wisdom will reach the skies.
  • One who knows, but doesn't know that he knows... He is fast asleep, so you should wake him up!
  • One who doesn't know, but knows that he doesn't know... His limping mule will eventually get him home.
  • One who doesn't know and doesn't know that he doesn't know... He will be eternally lost in his hopeless oblivion!

Thirteenth-century Persian poet, Ibn Yamin.
  • Like 2

On 6/15/2018 at 4:56 PM, jw1739 said:

One who doesn't know and doesn't know that he doesn't know... He will be eternally lost in his hopeless oblivion!

Munn's and Petrillo's hope that MCFC supporters fall into this category.

But some of us are Red Pilled and see through the deception.

Drain the swamp.

37 minutes ago, mus-28 said:

Has "Drain the Swamp" become our version of mindless Liverpool fans posting YNWA at the end of everything they post?

I think its more along the lines of "We will see where we are at after next game"

36 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

Matthew Spiranovic looks like he’s signed for Perth would of preferred him than GULUM. 

Between injury issues and the levels he's played at for a while, i think he'd be a risky signing for what you'd have to pay to get him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

What do we read into this for PK? From coach of the women's side to second assistant coach of the men's side? Is that up, down or sideways? 

What I read into it for the men's team is that we're getting some continuity into the set-up - Vidmar getting a two-year extension is evidence of that. Previously we've turned over assistant coaches more frequently than I turn over in bed.

For PK personally I'd say he's getting building experience that may well see him as our senior coach at some stage in the future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

What do we read into this for PK? From coach of the women's side to second assistant coach of the men's side? Is that up, down or sideways? 

In the scheme of things it's probably up.

Being the head coach of the youth/women's teams gives him solid experienced in people/squad management which will serve him well when he looks to move into senior mens coaching later on, but being part of the staff for a mens team is also a vital addition to his CV.

2 hours ago, HughJass said:

It seems like we're losing our star player and assistant coach from our women's team then. No Jess Fishlock in the coaching structure

2 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

It seems like we're losing our star player and assistant coach from our women's team then. No Jess Fishlock in the coaching structure

I wouldnt say that's a lock, even though its been hinted at. She might be happy to just come and play, free from the responsibility for a season.

17 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Not hard to predict that we'll be seeing him at RB in the seniors at some stage next season...

Suddenly, just a couple of announcements and the mood swings from gloom to optimism...

Absolutely, seriously good cover for Atkinson and even competition. Probably a chance Atkinson could move to a wing when Arzani is away on intnl duty (assuming he's still here obv).

• Like 2

I dont know how to feel about this

Dutch club keen on A-League teenager

By John Davidson Jun 19 2018 6:49PM

Exclusive: Dutch club PEC Zwolle are interested in bringing Melbourne City youngster Denis Genreau to the Eredivisie.

Zwolle are coached by former City boss John van't Schip.

FourFourTwo understands van't Schip is keen on signing Genreau.

Attacking midfielder Genreau debuted for Melbourne City in the A-League in 2016.

The skillful 19-year-old, who was born in France, has just four first-team appearances to his name.

Genreau signed a three-year deal with City in March 2017.

He has two caps and one goal for the Young Socceroos.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/dutch-club-keen-on-a-league-teenager-494682

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, haz said:

I dont know how to feel about this

This sort of thing is going to happen I'm afraid. We've got a lot of talented young players. We either play them or lose them - and we can't play them all in the A-League, the NYL isn't much chop for them and neither really is the NPL as they come up against tougher, stronger and more match-savvy opponents. And there's always next seasons crop of talent coming up behind them.

Maybe we have to look at loaning him to Zwolle, perhaps with an option to offer to buy if they really want him...

• jw1739 pinned this topic