jw1739

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

haz    2,933
4 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

Would cream 

He's counted as an Aussie yea?

jw1739    7,785
55 minutes ago, Andrew Edmonds said:

Ersan Gulum said that he wants to move to Melbourne next season. What would people think about it? Personally I'd be happy with him here.

No idea. What I will say is that we need a balanced squad put together with the capability and objective of playing the way our manager wants us to play so that we actually win some fucking League silverware next season. What we don't need is a series of seemingly opportunistic ad hoc signings followed by mid-season departures and further ad hoc signings, which is what we have seen this season.

We had a perfectly good squad for this season but have underperformed once again because we didn't plan properly - we didn't match the players with the manager and his requirements. I'm fed up with this repeating itself season after season. So FFS let's not do it again.

neio    606

Gulum played for Adelaide and we have alot of player in his position. So he is definitely coming to us

Seriously though, would definitely take him. Him and Bart would be close to best CB pairing in comp. An extreme upgrade on delbridge (assuming Jakobsen is leaving)

Thrillhouse    960
6 hours ago, Andrew Edmonds said:

Ersan Gulum said that he wants to move to Melbourne next season. What would people think about it? Personally I'd be happy with him here.

turk that sits infront of me reckons we didn't have the cap space for him this season 

neio    606
6 hours ago, Thrillhouse said:

turk that sits infront of me reckons we didn't have the cap space for him this season 

He is on loan this season, not sure about next. But if he is off contract we could negotiate our own deal with him 

jw1739    7,785

Gulum's contract with Hebai China Fortune (HB CFFC) is until 31st December 2018. His loan to Adelaide expires on 30th June 2018, i.e. the end of this A-League season.

If we want him for next season then either he has to be released early by HB CFFC , or we will have to negotiate a loan from them for the first half of the season.

mattyh001    481

With the way visa players move around in China, I can't see Gulum having a problem getting released from his contact mid year. The fact he's out on loan indicates he's certainly on the outer.

The fact we have La Rocca and Delbridge already signed for next season makes me wonder if we have the squad space to sign Gulum so he can partner Bort at the back.

In anycase this season hasn't even finished; discussing hyperthetical signings for next season aren't worth the keyboards they're typed on

jw1739    7,785
2 hours ago, mattyh001 said:

With the way visa players move around in China, I can't see Gulum having a problem getting released from his contact mid year. The fact he's out on loan indicates he's certainly on the outer.

The fact we have La Rocca and Delbridge already signed for next season makes me wonder if we have the squad space to sign Gulum so he can partner Bort at the back.

In anycase this season hasn't even finished; discussing hyperthetical signings for next season aren't worth the keyboards they're typed on

On the contrary, I hope that the club is indeed thinking hard about its squad and coaching staff for next season, especially after the next two matches - which will define our season -  so at the very least we don't start next season with a squad half of whom don't fit the manager's specifications.

haz    2,933
37 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

especially after the next two matches - which will define our season

No. 63762 time posted to this forum

kingofhearts    3,543
13 minutes ago, haz said:

No. 63762 time posted to this forum

These next two matches will give us a really good gauge of where we're at

• Like 1

mattyh001    481
42 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

On the contrary, I hope that the club is indeed thinking hard about its squad and coaching staff for next season, especially after the next two matches - which will define our season -  so at the very least we don't start next season with a squad half of whom don't fit the manager's specifications.

The club thinking for next season is one thing, getting carried away on specifics as outsiders looking in is another.

Particularly when transfer news in the off season can be a dime a dozen and the fact the club tends to play transfers close to the chest

Don't get me wrong either; I do appreciate when people bring up tweets, etc, about club related news. I simply take most with a grain of salt since there's always some sort of bs out there too

haz    2,933
18 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

These next two matches will give us a really good gauge of where we're at

No. 63763

haz    2,933
2 minutes ago, HughJass said:

Dont know why they annouce this stuff when the season is still on.

But good on Tongyik for leaving, I believe he can become a top level HAL player. While Kamau on the other hand has already had his chances to show his worth

• Like 1

playmaker    1,043

Unsure about Tongyik as I thought he was solid and needed another couple of years.

I am wrapped about Kamau as he must be one of the worst players in the A-League and really shouldn't be near the pitch for the rest of the season.

I wish them well.

belaguttman    4,004
9 minutes ago, haz said:

Dont know why they annouce this stuff when the season is still on.

But good on Tongyik for leaving, I believe he can become a top level HAL player. While Kamau on the other hand has already had his chances to show his worth

I agree. Tongyik is no loss to us because we have a manager that wouldn't even give him a minute on the pitch and has delayed his development by a whole season. Good on him for leaving and I hope he fulfils his potential. Kamau, I'm less concerned about losing apart from the fact that he's unlikely to be used by Wazza now that he's leaving so we'll have even less attacking options

• Like 1

belaguttman    4,004
13 minutes ago, Jovan said:

So much for being youth oriented. 

Wazza will claim that he lowered the average age of the team by 10 years by moving on Cahill

Afif Adam    36

Kamau the type of player to turn into Messi on his first game out of city colours, just to rub us fans considering how frustrating his first touch and ball control is...

• Like 2

jw1739    7,785
1 hour ago, Jovan said:

So much for being youth oriented. 

We've got plenty of young players coming through our own youth system.

2 hours ago, belaguttman said:

I agree. Tongyik is no loss to us because we have a manager that wouldn't even give him a minute on the pitch and has delayed his development by a whole season. Good on him for leaving and I hope he fulfils his potential. Kamau, I'm less concerned about losing apart from the fact that he's unlikely to be used by Wazza now that he's leaving so we'll have even less attacking options

I don't see either of them as a big loss. Tongyik more so,  but when he has played we've leaked goals. Kamau - I can't see he's done much for us at all. Grossly over-rated IMO.

Good luck to them both though, and I hope it turns out well for them.

As for us - well, someone please tell me what the fuck Warren Joyce is supposed to be doing for us. All I can see is player departure after player departure.

Do any of our Petrillo-inspired ex-Adelaide recruits survive with us?

• Like 3

haz    2,933
4 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I dont think anything survives. Dont know how he got the job still

haz    2,933
1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

Especially the enthusiasm of the supporters

Its like a miscarrage, dead before it even comes out

• Like 1

Murfy1    3,276
8 hours ago, jw1739 said:

We've got plenty of young players coming through our own youth system.

I don't see either of them as a big loss. Tongyik more so,  but when he has played we've leaked goals. Kamau - I can't see he's done much for us at all. Grossly over-rated IMO.

Good luck to them both though, and I hope it turns out well for them.

As for us - well, someone please tell me what the fuck Warren Joyce is supposed to be doing for us. All I can see is player departure after player departure.

It should be recalled that Kamau was a player Joyce highly rated--even before arriving in Melbourne. Indeed, Joyce said:

“I thought that even before I came to the country, watching him play for Adelaide - I thought was an outstanding player, to be fair.

Certainly, if you’re watching Aaron Mooy ... and looking at players who you think could play in English football, he’s certainly one that could play in the English championship, easily.

“The demands on him are to improve certain things about his game and goalscoring is one of the aspects.”

So around half or two thirds of the way into his first season, Joyce is shipping out players he (seemingly) rated as some of his best, in Kamau.

Joyce's track-record of signings players since the season started is:

- 28 November 2017, Harrison Delbridge, three year contract (31/5/2020)

- 29 December 2017, Dario Vidosic, one year and a half contract ["with the option for a further season"]  (31/5/2019)

- 10 February 2018, Oliver Bozanic, 6 months (31/5/2018)

Vidosic is definitely a tick, a big tick IMO. However, the other signings indicate a far weaker performance with recruitment. So, not only is Melbourne City seemingly losing players at rapid speed, but I'm weary that our replacements are effectively weaker than our outgoing players. 

The club has to sort out it's player list management pronto, and show why fans should view the management of the player list favourably.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 3

silva10    855
55 minutes ago, Murfy1 said:

It should be recalled that Kamau was a player Joyce highly rated--even before arriving in Melbourne. Indeed, Joyce said:

So around half or two thirds of the way into his first season, Joyce is shipping out players he (seemingly) rated as some of his best, in Kamau.

Joyce's track-record of signings players since the season started is:

- 28 November 2017, Harrison Delbridge, three year contract (31/5/2020)

- 29 December 2017, Dario Vidosic, one year and a half contract ["with the option for a further season"]  (31/5/2019)

- 10 February 2018, Oliver Bozanic, 6 months (31/5/2018)

Vidosic is definitely a tick, a big tick IMO. However, the other signings indicate a far weaker performance with recruitment. So, not only is Melbourne City seemingly losing players at rapid speed, but I'm weary that our replacements are effectively weaker than our outgoing players. 

The club has to sort out it's player list management pronto, and show why fans should view the management of the player list favourably.

I really don't know what has happened with Kamau, as he looked good at Adelaide and when he first came to us. He has the pace, height and skill to succeed at a very high level. It will be interesting to see how he goes under Gombau.

I would have thought serious questions must be asked about Petrillo. He brings in these ex Adelaide players who don't seem to be able to improve our team. I just want to see him and Joyce gone. 

bt50    3,892
1 minute ago, Herman Cain said:

Delbridge has a 3 year contract?  Lol why would we ever offer that to such an unproven player?

My guess is that there was a bit of a race to sign him from all the Australian clubs. Regardless, its possible that Manchester just buys him out and either on loans or on sells him to get him off our books.

Jovan    3,422

But Murfs basic premise remains. We have moved out decent even high quality players (imo) for as it seems lesser players. Probably the only upgrade would be Vidosic. 

Now I could accept that if the new players and or the existing players were now able to play more to what the coach requires and are more type players but I can't tell what sort of a player is a Joyce type. I got no real idea of what a Joyce team should look like. Since the first few rounds we have continually changed personal and structure and we seem to be devoid of any clear way we are trying to play. 

I have grave fears that we will be left with a weaker team at the end of this season than we had at the beginning. And the damage could take several transfer windows to repair. And the most gauling part it's all self inflicted. We haven't been hit with injuries, we haven't lost our best players moving to bigger clubs/Leagues and we haven't had to move players because of fiscal needs. It all seems to be because of they don't fit in the plans of a manager that atleast as of today has no clear plan or no ability to produce such a plan.

And where the fuck is our fifth visa player,  who signed off releasing Brandan and not getting anyone to replace. Just stupid. Even now surely we could at minimum get out of contract player for the rest of the season. 

• Like 3