Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

46 minutes ago, bt50 said:

If you put McCormack as an out you have to put Bruno as an in...

Fair enough but as @Jovan said, that is if he plays. I suspect the way the club has been pumping him up, he will be back soon. Its not like the club has a habit of misleading people on player statuses...

We are on the bare minimum of 20 players already. If we let anyone else go this season we have to replace them. Not necessarily from outside of course, we could sign more of our young players to senior contracts.

The contracts of both players expire on 31st May 2018. I wouldn't be worried about Kamau leaving at all. IMO grossly overrated player. Tongyik more of a loss, but he's probably not the sort of gritty defender that the club wants going forward.

11 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

We are on the bare minimum of 20 players already. If we let anyone else go this season we have to replace them. Not necessarily from outside of course, we could sign more of our young players to senior contracts.

The contracts of both players expire on 31st May 2018. I wouldn't be worried about Kamau leaving at all. IMO grossly overrated player. Tongyik more of a loss, but he's probably not the sort of gritty defender that the club wants going forward.

Agree, although I see Kamau as more of a loss. Main reason he's barely played the last month is the olyroos, during which time it's allowed us to shift our winger focus on to Fitzgerald (who hasn't been any better than Kamau this season).

All that said, a few players with contracts expiring have to start stepping up.

16 hours ago, mattyh001 said:

Agree, although I see Kamau as more of a loss. Main reason he's barely played the last month is the olyroos, during which time it's allowed us to shift our winger focus on to Fitzgerald (who hasn't been any better than Kamau this season).

All that said, a few players with contracts expiring have to start stepping up.

16 hours ago, playmaker said:

Quoted from mattyh_001

he's barely played the last month

Because he is shit. After the first 4 games he hasn't deserved a starting position, and it's not a coincidence how our attack is so much better in his absence. 

He is garbage.

16 hours ago, Chris p said:

He wasn't here ffs 

11 hours ago, playmaker said:

I am convinced some people can't comprehend the written word.

Being able to comprehend written word - I wonder is that like being able quote properly and get facts right

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

After all it's not like the olyroos were off at the AFC champs was it?

Or that City players might have been called up

Oh wait ..... 🤦

Edited by mattyh001
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mattyh001 said:

Being able to comprehend written word - I wonder is that like being able quote properly and get facts right

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

After all it's not like the olyroos were off at the AFC champs was it?

Or that City players might have been called up

Oh wait ..... 🤦

Ok, we crossed the wires I think. All good. 

My point was, he wasn't good enough to play during that time anyway because he shouldn't have taken the field after round 4.

3 hours ago, rass said:

Forget all that and just say it for what it is - he shouldn't be anywhere near our team.

Agree totally 

19 hours ago, mattyh001 said:

I see Kamau as more of a loss.

Disagree with this totally.

Left all Swedish - near Melbourne FC

Daniel Kristoffersson 

published 7 Feb 2018 at 11.43

Omar Eddahri appears to have found a new club. 

According to SportExpressen, the 27-year-old striker only details from a transition to Melbourne FC in Australia. 

The parties must agree on a short-term contract - and the player is expected to complete the mandatory medical examination within the next few days. 

Omar Eddahri confirmed this autumn that he would leave AFC Eskilstuna after leaving the club from all over Sweden. 

"We have had four lovely years together but after the season we will go separate ways but we will do it with love. It's mutual and we love each other but after the season, the story is over, he said in September. 

Omar Eddhari to Melbourne

Since then, rumors have been many around the 27-year-old striker and he has been linked with both Swedish-speaking clubs and clubs outside Scandinavia. 

According to SportExpressen, it is now unexpectedly a move for Eddahri, as he is close to a contract with Melbourne FC in Australia. 

The parties should be verbally agreed on a shorter contract season out. If everything goes as planned, the player flies down to do the medical examination within the next week, thus strengthening Melbourne's offensive. 

Belong to City group

The Australian club belongs to City Footballgroup, including Manchester City, New York City FC, Girona FC, Club Atletico Torque and Yokohama Marinos. The club plays in the A-League and is trained by manager Warre Joyce. The team is playing their home matches at AAMI Park with a seat of 30,050 spectators. 

Team mate with Scott Jamieson 

In Melbourne, Eddahri becomes team-mate with the former leftback of IFK Gothenburg, Scott Jamieson, who left Blåvitt for Australia just before. 

Omar Eddahri scored eight goals and two performances of 25 total Swedish matches last year. He left Sollentuna in 2014 to sign for AFC Eskilstuna where there were four seasons in total. 

https://www.expressen.se/sport/fotboll/allsvenskan/lamnade-allsvenskan-gor-ovantat-klubbval/

[Google translated]

Bouzanis

Atkinson - Schenkeveld - Jakobsen - Jamieson

Brattan - Malik

Budzinski/Vidosic

Arzani - Bruno - Eddahri

Galekovic, Budzinski/Vidosic, Mauk, Fitzgerald, Delbridge, Kamau

Najaarine, Pierias, Tongyik, Cavallo, Metcalfe, Genreau, Delianov

Pretty bloody strong. No visible weakness and virtually a replacement for each position of some quality.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Looks to me to be a bargain-basement player - hardly a replacement for a player from the Argentina Primera. Might turn out to be a CFG scouting find - we'll have to wait and see.

Really? Captain of a (freshly relegated) 1st tier Swedish club that scored 8 and assisted 2 last season isnt bad numbers imo. I'm feeling very good about this one.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Looks to me to be a bargain-basement player - hardly a replacement for a player from the Argentina Primera. Might turn out to be a CFG scouting find - we'll have to wait and see.

That's a little harsh IMO. In terms of stature he's probably roughly on the same level as a guy like Brandan was coming over here.

I'm also feeling pretty good about this one.

• Like 1

Sounds promising. Hopefully he hits the ground running like Novillo did. My only concern is coming from Europe he is going to take a while to acclimatize to the hard pitches.

But tbh its better than nothing and not using a visa spot "is criminal".

And it's really the only position we have looked a little underwhelming with Fitzy and Kamau down in form.

Quietly optimistic. 

Given he's been a free agent for 2 months and is coming from a very cold Swedish winter to our summer, I'm a little worried but will reserve judgement.

Sweden doesn't exactly have a trend setting league, but Eddahri sounds like A key player at his last club.

Plus CFG  tends to get its signings a lot more correct / on the money than wrong

Edited by mattyh001

9 hours ago, bt50 said:

Bouzanis

Atkinson - Schenkeveld - Jakobsen - Jamieson

Brattan - Malik

Budzinski/Vidosic

Arzani - Bruno - Eddahri

Galekovic, Budzinski/Vidosic, Mauk, Fitzgerald, Delbridge, Kamau

Najaarine, Pierias, Tongyik, Cavallo, Metcalfe, Genreau, Delianov

Pretty bloody strong. No visible weakness and virtually a replacement for each position of some quality.

Anyone have this guys instagram or twitter, is he in Australia yet?

This squad is good, players will need to step up to keep their spots. I wouldnt want either Budzik or Vidosic to be on the bench in their current form but its Waz that needs to find a solution.

If Old Mate Omar is here for the next round (2 weeks time) and Bruno is back in the starting XI then we will have a problem, but a good one.

@bt50

I think we would line up like this

Bouzanis

Delbridge - Schenkeveld - Jakobsen

Brattan - Malik

Arzani                 Budzik/Vidosic                   Jamieson

Bruno                  Omar

Galekovic, Budzinski/Vidosic, Mauk, Fitzgerald/Kamau/Atkinson, Muscat

• Assuming Bruno and Omar are ready for RD21 vs Perth
  • Budzik, Vidosic and Omar to rotate minutes
  • Too much of Waz love for Delbridge to be benched continously
  • Brattan/Malik to cover Arzani tracking back, similar tactic to Sydney and Adrian
  • Atkinson to not have much playing time for the rest of the season due to recovering
Edited by haz

1 hour ago, haz said:

@bt50

I think we would line up like this

Bouzanis

Delbridge - Schenkeveld - Jakobsen

Brattan - Malik

Arzani                 Budzik/Vidosic                   Jamieson

Bruno                  Omar

Galekovic, Budzinski/Vidosic, Mauk, Fitzgerald/Kamau/Atkinson, Muscat

• Assuming Bruno and Omar are ready for RD21 vs Perth
  • Budzik, Vidosic and Omar to rotate minutes
  • Too much of Waz love for Delbridge to be benched continously
  • Brattan/Malik to cover Arzani tracking back, similar tactic to Sydney and Adrian
  • Atkinson to not have much playing time for the rest of the season due to recovering

Man you've just gone all JVS. 

We started the season with 7 of the 11 defensive players and now it could be as few as 4.

Can't see it myself but would love it.

If Omar is coming at all, I see it as something of a Novillo situation - contract until the end of the season with a view to perhaps continuing next season. The contracts of both Fitzgerald and Kamau expire on 31st May, and I can see one or both leaving.

24 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Man you've just gone all JVS. 

We started the season with 7 of the 11 defensive players and now it could be as few as 4.

Can't see it myself but would love it.

I thought Waz has been using a back 3 for the last few games?

In comparison of my XI to @bt50 I would say his is more attacking then mine (based on the players)

Edited by haz

15 hours ago, haz said:

Anyone have this guys instagram or twitter, is he in Australia yet?

This squad is good, players will need to step up to keep their spots. I wouldnt want either Budzik or Vidosic to be on the bench in their current form but its Waz that needs to find a solution.

If Old Mate Omar is here for the next round (2 weeks time) and Bruno is back in the starting XI then we will have a problem, but a good one.

As far as I can see there's just a single source saying that Omar is coming to us - the one Murfy quoted. Given that we were fairly strongly linked to both Ferreira and Bozanic only a few weeks ago, I wouldn't be holding my breath over Omar. Would there be the same sort of visa issues that Budzinski faced? - his arrival was apparently delayed some weeks.

Edited by jw1739

• jw1739 pinned this topic