Melbourne Football
jw1739

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

Dylan    4,133

I am annoyed that Adelaide have been signing ex 1860 players and not us. So now ill have to wait a couple of extra years before Pertillo gets on the phone

nah brah    70
On 21/09/2017 at 3:59 AM, haz said:

Our best XI based on new FIFA 18 ratings (Budzinski is not in game)

MelbCityFifa18_3.JPG.fc3b4f1561ff6ff80e0f6d469f064a24.JPG

The full ratings

MelbCityFifa18_1.JPG.69926e2da63a415674939cb8f68dec41.JPG

MelbCityFifa18_2.JPG.540489e1773b6b20f8d6a60f60e14aac.JPG

brattan has taken a dive.  wasnt he at 72 at some point?

neio    466
2 hours ago, Forever City said:

Just saw that a defender is being linked so it's out of Delbridge, Dimitroff and Whyte.

It won't be whyte, he only just went there about a month ago 

moops    209
11 minutes ago, haz said:

Why are we looking for a RB when we have Pierias??

Agree, but we just signed a striker when we have Cahill, Crowley?

Theissen is quite good.

• Thanks 1

Falastur    601
4 hours ago, Forever City said:

Could be any one of these.

2017-09-24 (2).png

I'm quite interested in the story of Steve Whyte, who according to that screenshot plays in the position Abwehr (i.e. the WW2 German military intelligence organisation). Is he some kind of time-travelling Nazi agent?

• Like 6

moops    209
3 hours ago, Falastur said:

I'm quite interested in the story of Steve Whyte, who according to that screenshot plays in the position Abwehr (i.e. the WW2 German military intelligence organisation). Is he some kind of time-travelling Nazi agent?

There is a large US base in Hannover, maybe 2.5k servicemen and families live there full time.

Falastur    601
1 minute ago, moops said:

There is a large US base in Hannover, maybe 2.5k servicemen and families live there full time.

Sure, but the Abwehr ceased to exist in 1945...

moops    209
22 minutes ago, Falastur said:

Sure, but the Abwehr ceased to exist in 1945...

Lol, it's my only explanation, maybe it means creative player?

Edited by moops

Falastur    601
Just now, moops said:

Lol, it's my only explanation

haha, I was only being facetious in the first place. Abwehr appears to be the German word for defender, it's just not what we associate the word with...

moops    209
1 minute ago, Falastur said:

haha, I was only being facetious in the first place. Abwehr appears to be the German word for defender, it's just not what we associate the word with...

Ah cool, that makes sense.

haz    1,993
6 hours ago, bt50 said:

Dylan Pierias - Jeremy Walker 2.0

How can we label someone a Walker when hes only played 1 games and is 17? Give him some more games, if hes shit throw him on the rubbish tip

Embee    2,325
28 minutes ago, haz said:

How can we label someone a Walker when hes only played 1 games and is 17? Give him some more games, if hes shit throw him on the rubbish tip

He's referring to the ridiculous over-hyping of Pierias based on a small sample size, as was the case with Walker.

Based on how highly he's touted on here you'd think he played 20-odd games last season and was solid in all of them.

• Like 1

haz    1,993
1 minute ago, Embee said:

He's referring to the ridiculous over-hyping of Pierias based on a small sample size, as was the case with Walker.

Based on how highly he's touted on here you'd think he played 20-odd games last season and was solid in all of them.

Ah I understand. I do hope though he gets more chances to see if hes actually good, might turn out to be another ArchieBalls though

Didnt Walker play 10+ games?

Edited by haz

Embee    2,325
1 minute ago, haz said:

Ah I understand. I do hope though he gets more chances to see if hes actually good, might turn out to be another ArchieBalls though

Didnt Walker play 10+ games?

So do I, I also like what I saw from him in his limited time last season but I refuse to declare him the answer in that position until we see more of him on a consistent basis.

Yeah, but that goes to show really, even 10+ games is a small sample size and tbf Walker was being hyped up before he'd hit the 10 game mark. 

bt50    3,262

Yeh what @Embee said. Look Pierias looked good in his one start, but theres prob a reason he hasnt been given another opportunity just yet. Im certainly not prepared to annoint him as a first XI player off one performance if the rest of the coaching staff arent, esp as they see him day in, day out at training and in intra club games.

That said, hopefully he gets a few opportunities and can go on with it.

Walker really only ever played one good game, the one he beat Del Piero, and was bloody average in all his others. Didnt stop people from declaring him starting XI regardless, and ignoring the far better, even if still average, form strike rates of those he was competing with.

haz    1,993
54 minutes ago, Embee said:

So do I, I also like what I saw from him in his limited time last season but I refuse to declare him the answer in that position until we see more of him on a consistent basis.

Yeah, but that goes to show really, even 10+ games is a small sample size and tbf Walker was being hyped up before he'd hit the 10 game mark. 

43 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Yeh what @Embee said. Look Pierias looked good in his one start, but theres prob a reason he hasnt been given another opportunity just yet. Im certainly not prepared to annoint him as a first XI player off one performance if the rest of the coaching staff arent, esp as they see him day in, day out at training and in intra club games.

That said, hopefully he gets a few opportunities and can go on with it.

Walker really only ever played one good game, the one he beat Del Piero, and was bloody average in all his others. Didnt stop people from declaring him starting XI regardless, and ignoring the far better, even if still average, form strike rates of those he was competing with.

Yea I agree with both these points. Its one of those problems that the coach has to solve "do we give this young player a chance? or should we play it safe and play the more experienced player (Muscat)". Either option could turn out bad or good. 

Edited by haz

citymad    29
On 25/09/2017 at 1:30 PM, Embee said:

agree 1000%. One game against essentially a sub standard compromised Brisbane Roar side is does not maketh a first XI player. We now need a serious pro RB backup to Shenkenveld and Muskat, and also a LB. Christian Cavallo is not even on a contract, so doubtful he will stay with the club given it is only  a week before we start. Pieras would be a disaster (no disrespect) as second choice to Jamo. Not enough experience. Is currently not even making Intra club bench. Don't think new coach rates him. JVS had a different opinion, however i agree that we need to win games not blood youngters to get headlines. If Joyce and city lose 4 on the trot Joyce will leave, players will revolt, assistants will mutiny and we will be stuffed. Full strength pros with experience only, please. Then you can tear them a new arse when they under perform. No body really wants to go to town on a young player who is thrown in the deep end and is exposed as not ready. 

playmaker    859
19 minutes ago, citymad said:

assistants will mutiny

Well it's already happening and Montemurro has been demoted and Valshitis is posting inspiration stuff on twitter to show his loyalty even though he hates Wazza's guts. Munn is just doing what he usually does by saying 'nothing to see here' and hides in his office. 

The only thing I can see happening if players or assistants mutiny is that heads will roll in January and one of the heads isn't Wazza's. 

I have no doubt CFG will back Wazza if things get nasty.

Valshitis and fat mouth Mauk will be the first to get the arse IMO.

haz    1,993
42 minutes ago, citymad said:

We now need a serious pro RB backup to Shenkenveld and Muskat, and also a LB. Christian Cavallo is not even on a contract, so doubtful he will stay with the club given it is only  a week before we start. Pieras would be a disaster (no disrespect) as second choice to Jamo.

Salary Cap

• Like 4

bt50    3,262
6 minutes ago, Heart of oakleigh said:

Any news of the aussie RB from the mls?

Havent heard any. Delbridge is really highly rated by FC Cincinatti fans on Reddit, they reckon he's in the best two players at the club. It is only the US 2nd Div though, so not sure thats any better than a dominant NPL  player here. He appears to be more of a CB though, so i'd hazard a guess that Bort would be our RB if he was brought in, if he was able to crack the first team at all.