Melbourne Football
jw1739

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

HeartOfCity    300
11 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I've no idea what Anderson is like as a footballer, but how about we judge players on their football ability? Presumably you also condemn Cahill for modelling his fashion clothing?

Was a massive spud last i saw of him, slow and dopey from what i remember. Never really looked alert to the situation.

• Like 1

Thrillhouse    843
1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

I've no idea what Anderson is like as a footballer, but how about we judge players on their football ability? Presumably you also condemn Cahill for modelling his fashion clothing?

cahill doing it for his own business, anderson doing poofy ones for an agency

are we trying to do a wsw and sign every hack reject available?

Chris p    166
2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

His ability was getting release by the mariners 

• Like 1

bt50    3,251

If we were to sign Anderson I'd hazard a guess that he's only being signed as cover. More likely that La Rocca would start st CB with Bort right if thats the case.

• Like 1

Shahanga    3,507
10 hours ago, Forever City said:

I would rather give time to Pierias than sign Anderson.

Ones an out and out centre back the others a right back that can go forward.Totally different players .

Having said that I'd be surprised if there wasn't better defenders in the NPL than Zac Anderson.

• Like 2

Dylan    4,132

Could also be someone from another club as well. Which other aleague teams have good RB depth that one might want a move away?

fensaddler    402
56 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Could also be someone from another club as well. Which other aleague teams have good RB depth that one might want a move away?

Had this thought myself.  Possibly the more likely scenario?

Dylan    4,132
11 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Had this thought myself.  Possibly the more likely scenario?

Yeah probably. Who is the second choice RB at Adelaide?

Embee    2,325

Wouldn't worry too much, we destroy whatever fullback we sign anyway so the end product is always the same.

RIP Jamieson in advance.

• Like 2

n i k o    4,818

I don't think people are doing any research into Zac before throwing their opinion around. Make of this what you will but these are the facts. He moved from Gold Coast United to Central Coast in 2012, signed on by the most successful and best defensively minded manager in the league in Graham Arnold. Over the course of his aleague career he made over 80 appearances. On top of that he was a part of the 2013 title winning Mariners side, albeit being a bench player.  In 2015 Graham Arnold saw enough quality in him to resign him again for Sydney FC. Then from all reports he left of his own accord for Malaysia. He has also represeneted the national team in both under 20s and under 23s. Add on top of that he is only in his mid 20s.

From this information alone I think he would be an interesting signing and well worth the go, especially if he's on a low wage. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

bt50    3,251
1 hour ago, n i k o said:

I don't think people are doing any research into Zac before throwing their opinion around. Make of this what you will but these are the facts. He moved from Gold Coast United to Central Coast in 2012, signed on by the most successful and best defensively minded manager in the league in Graham Arnold. Over the course of his aleague career he made over 80 appearances. On top of that he was a part of the 2013 title winning Mariners side, albeit being a bench player.  In 2015 Graham Arnold saw enough quality in him to resign him again for Sydney FC. Then from all reports he left of his own accord for Malaysia. He has also represeneted the national team in both under 20s and under 23s. Add on top of that he is only in his mid 20s.

From this information alone I think he would be an interesting signing and well worth the go, especially if he's on a low wage. 

Agree. From memory i think he was fairly highly rated at first, but then had a shocking season after Arnold left and was never really able to recapture his form after. It'd be a bit of a nothing signing, in a position we are reasonably well covered in, but if the club think he's worth giving a spot to then i wont argue. Its unlikely signing him would have any impact, unless he proves to go well and makes us better. A nothing to lose situation if you like.

• Like 1

haz    1,993

Currently A Full Strength XI (Hard to pick the midfield)

MelbCityOct.JPG.8ba310a037731b6b3fb7b2762c1fabb7.JPG

BENCH: Galekovic, Cahill, Brattan/Carrusca, Tongyik/Malik/La Rocca, Kamau

Possible Changes:

• WE HAVE A STACKED BENCH!
  • Injury Replacement for Bruno?
  • Additional RB signing?
  • Cahill Sub on at 60 (If not starting)
  • Carrusca sub on at 70 (If not starting)
  • Kamau for Brandan ( if still injured)
  • Brattan for Mauk
  • Is Malik or La Rocca a starter under Wazza?
  • Like 1

Shahanga    3,507
2 hours ago, n i k o said:

I've seen him put in some fairly ordinary performances on the field.

Having said that players can improve of course.

haz    1,993
15 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

Okay @haz, now make one without Bruno. Brandan will start round 1 so let's see what we can do come our first home game

Either youth or Fitzy up front. Or a very unfit injury replacement

But how I would do it

Front3Injury.JPG.6250924a4d59b20f1285effdfc77aefb.JPG

Fitz and Brandan are actually more like strikers. They start outwide and when Mauk (Or even Carrusca) get the ball they make there run towards the center for the through balls. No point trying to cross with the team we have. Brattan and Budzik spray the balls wide to Fitz or Brandan, they play back into Mauk and then make their runs

Edited by haz

bt50    3,251
1 minute ago, DukeVader said:

Do we still have a VISA spot? Seeing La Rocca and Carrusca are Aussies ?

Nope.

Bruno, Fernando, Marcin, Bort and Jako. An injury replacement for Bruno could be a foreigner though.

How would people feel about giving Milos Lujic a crack as Bruno's injury replacement if we were struggling to find a player of sufficient quality?

• Like 1

sharpy    1,390
11 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Nope.

Bruno, Fernando, Marcin, Bort and Jako. An injury replacement for Bruno could be a foreigner though.

How would people feel about giving Milos Lujic a crack as Bruno's injury replacement if we were struggling to find a player of sufficient quality?

I'd be interested in it, purely just to see how he goes.

Hopefully we can find a stronger replacement though.

bt50    3,251
10 minutes ago, sharpy said:

I'd be interested in it, purely just to see how he goes.

Hopefully we can find a stronger replacement though.

Me too, obv i'd love to get someone thats a gun or proven somewhere. I do however think the chances of that are slim to none though. Anyone that is of a decent quality you would think would have a club by now, and even if they dont its a hard sell to get someone to move to the other side of the world, in a relative footballing backwater, for a two month contract that is pretty much guaranteed to lead nowhere because of the returning player. I struggle to see an injury replacement being anything other than a speculative punt, or getting someone out of retirement.

Lujic might well be the best option we can get given the circumstances.

fensaddler    402
51 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Me too, obv i'd love to get someone thats a gun or proven somewhere. I do however think the chances of that are slim to none though. Anyone that is of a decent quality you would think would have a club by now, and even if they dont its a hard sell to get someone to move to the other side of the world, in a relative footballing backwater, for a two month contract that is pretty much guaranteed to lead nowhere because of the returning player. I struggle to see an injury replacement being anything other than a speculative punt, or getting someone out of retirement.

Lujic might well be the best option we can get given the circumstances.

Clubs in the UK bring in loan players all the time.  Admittedly distance will be an issue, but there are always plenty of players not getting a game for whatever reason. And don't forget that for many, Australia is a genuinely exciting, once in a lifetime destination, and they will see the CFG connection as being able to open doors for them. I think we'll find someone who is currently warming the pine in a top league somewhere who will be keen of the opportunity. 

• Like 1

haz    1,993

Just remember guys Novillo was an injury replacement (although in January)

• Like 1

Inferno    40
35 minutes ago, Money said:

give me Kenny Athiu

Not some heidelburg hack...Hellas ole

We just signed some Polish marquee, our tenth signing of the pre season. Next up Jonjo Shelvey. 

MHFC-FAN    204
3 hours ago, haz said:

Either youth or Fitzy up front. Or a very unfit injury replacement

But how I would do it

Front3Injury.JPG.6250924a4d59b20f1285effdfc77aefb.JPG

Fitz and Brandan are actually more like strikers. They start outwide and when Mauk (Or even Carrusca) get the ball they make there run towards the center for the through balls. No point trying to cross with the team we have. Brattan and Budzik spray the balls wide to Fitz or Brandan, they play back into Mauk and then make their runs

Why is Cahill not in Mauks place??

haz    1,993
12 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Why is Cahill not in Mauks place??

Away for RD1 Socceroos duty

haz    1,993
4 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Did Wazza mention tip rat might be back for round 1?

Nope can't remember any questions regarding even Rd1. Just that Wazza hasn't picked his XI yet

Baka1    410

You're telling me were covered in dollar bills from oil and can only get some NPL hero in Lujic or Kenny? Fold club. End the misery. 

Edited by Baka1

At this moment we can only look at the players profile and compare.  Sydney and Other club Europeans have better pedigree.  We could actually saw it and our defense is not reinforced yet. 

Vast CFG scouting network search seems to be concluded- injury replacement not needed. Case closed.  

We are without the best player and this is concern.  Just look at Barca and Real without their top guys.  Definitely not the same despite having all other stars.