Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

11 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

@Falastur Any chance of finding out whether Budzinski is actually in Manchester? If he is and training with the U-23s, it would seem to be true that we're still trying to get him here.

Isn't the Australian government cracking down on Non-Skilled Visas? Maybe hes just shit

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

@Falastur Any chance of finding out whether Budzinski is actually in Manchester? If he is and training with the U-23s, it would seem to be true that we're still trying to get him here.

Manchestrem*

5 hours ago, moops said:

Chanathip Songkrasin

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chanathip_Songkrasin

I didn't realise he played in Japan, so he would be to expensive for us then :(

Ah ha. There's some decent talent in Thailand. 

54 minutes ago, Jovan said:

What's the test?

He needs to nutmeg the immigration officer or kiss entry goodbye. 

Sportspersons are on the 457 visa list (football specifically) and the temporary working visa (1 year), so there shouldn't be any problems there, only problems would be criminal record or, Terror association of some sort.

As far as I know there's no test, play the sport, you're in.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/combined-stsol-mltssl

Edited by moops
Link

5 minutes ago, moops said:

Sportspersons are on the 457 visa list (football specifically) and the temporary working visa (1 year), so there shouldn't be any problems there, only problems would be criminal record or, Terror association of some sort.

As far as I know there's no test, play the sport, you're in.

Well he is known for his bombs

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, haz said:

BRING BACK SAFUWAN !

(In 39 games hes scored 14 goals... dont know if they were all at CB though)

Tbf Safuwan wasn't given much of a go and when he did play he didn't do to bad.

Personally I would love an 'Asian' player and I don't mean Sun Jong Un. Songkrasin stood out, but it was a casual comment, just start the bloody season farken.

Longest off-season in the world!

Edited by moops

7 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Unfortunately I live as close to Manchester as you guys do to King Island, so I've really only got the same tools for checking this as you guys do. However, I can point you in the direction of this article, which I believe is the source of the tweet you all were commenting on earlier:

http://www.sport.pl/pilka/7,64946,22360347,byly-pilkarz-cracovii-trenuje-z-manchesterem-city-wyjazd-do.html

5 hours ago, Falastur said:

Unfortunately I live as close to Manchester as you guys do to King Island, so I've really only got the same tools for checking this as you guys do. However, I can point you in the direction of this article, which I believe is the source of the tweet you all were commenting on earlier:

http://www.sport.pl/pilka/7,64946,22360347,byly-pilkarz-cracovii-trenuje-z-manchesterem-city-wyjazd-do.html

And there was I thinking you had an inside line to Pep...

From Google translate: "Marcin Budzinski is still waiting for a visa to Australia. The 27-year-old is currently in England, training with Manchester City! According to Sport.pl this week, the Pole will fly to Melbourne, where he will sign a two-year contract with Melbourne City.
Budzinski became one of the six victims of Michał Probierz's Cracow purge. After taking control of Cracovia, the new trainer decided to say goodbye to with Mateusz Cetnarski, Piotr Polczak and Budzinski with whom the club did not renew the contract. But the player smiled fate, however. Managers from Melbourne City contacted the managers who had offered their 27-year-old to live in remote Australia.

According to Sport.pl information, the 27-year-old is still waiting for a visa. Budzinski has been staying in Manchester for several days and is looking forward to working with Manchester United City U-23! And all because the Citizen, like Melbourne City, belong to one owner - the City Football Group (like the American New York City, the Uruguayan Club Atletico Torque and the Spanish Girona).

- If nothing unexpected happens, Marcin visa should be received at the end of the week. If this happens over the weekend it will go to Australia - says Konrad Gołoś from BMG-SPORT agency. In Melbourne on Budzinski waiting to sign a 2-year contract.

Melbourne City is a club founded just eight years ago. The fourth team of the previous A-League season is led by Warren Joyce, a deserved Bolton player, Preston North End and Hull City. The biggest star of "Serc" is the 29-year-old Uruguayan Bruno Fornaroli in the past. in Genoa Sampdoria and Panathinaikos Athens."

25 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

And there was I thinking you had an inside line to Pep...

From Google translate: "Marcin Budzinski is still waiting for a visa to Australia. The 27-year-old is currently in England, training with Manchester City! According to Sport.pl this week, the Pole will fly to Melbourne, where he will sign a two-year contract with Melbourne City.
Budzinski became one of the six victims of Michał Probierz's Cracow purge. After taking control of Cracovia, the new trainer decided to say goodbye to with Mateusz Cetnarski, Piotr Polczak and Budzinski with whom the club did not renew the contract. But the player smiled fate, however. Managers from Melbourne City contacted the managers who had offered their 27-year-old to live in remote Australia.

According to Sport.pl information, the 27-year-old is still waiting for a visa. Budzinski has been staying in Manchester for several days and is looking forward to working with Manchester United City U-23! And all because the Citizen, like Melbourne City, belong to one owner - the City Football Group (like the American New York City, the Uruguayan Club Atletico Torque and the Spanish Girona).

- If nothing unexpected happens, Marcin visa should be received at the end of the week. If this happens over the weekend it will go to Australia - says Konrad Gołoś from BMG-SPORT agency. In Melbourne on Budzinski waiting to sign a 2-year contract.

Melbourne City is a club founded just eight years ago. The fourth team of the previous A-League season is led by Warren Joyce, a deserved Bolton player, Preston North End and Hull City. The biggest star of "Serc" is the 29-year-old Uruguayan Bruno Fornaroli in the past. in Genoa Sampdoria and Panathinaikos Athens."

Interesting take on the move.  We're a long way away, but it's a good move and he's landed on his feet in a good place.  In no sense is this been portrayed as an ignominious exile.

the fox commentators said last night that city were on the verge of announcing/signing a marquee #10 a #9 and a defender - im assuming that will be a starting right back.  

you would think they would have the squad sorted before competitive fixtures were being played.  but something something trust in CFG because they have lots of money they got from oil they were given so they are good at what they do...

5 hours ago, nah brah said:

the fox commentators said last night that city were on the verge of announcing/signing a marquee #10 a #9 and a defender - im assuming that will be a starting right back.  

you would think they would have the squad sorted before competitive fixtures were being played.  but something something trust in CFG because they have lots of money they got from oil they were given so they are good at what they do...

Hmmm so we're on the verge of this signing. Is that a positive thing? 

4 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Hmmm so we're on the verge of this signing. Is that a positive thing? 

Yeh i heard it. Speedy said we are due to announce a 9 in the coming days and a 10 in the next week or so, as well as a defender.

The defender part in particular threw me. Would have to be an Aussie...or a guest i suppose.

Edited by bt50

• jw1739 pinned this topic