Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

7 minutes ago, nah brah said:

fkn troisi is a hack.  i will be so disappointed if he is our "marquee"..

the funny thing is that the alleged offer is thousands of dollars per week less than he was offered to play in the EPL.  what a stooge.

Lol no-one even knows what "Burton & Hove Albion" were even offering.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, nah brah said:

fkn troisi is a hack.  i will be so disappointed if he is our "marquee"..

the funny thing is that the alleged offer is thousands of dollars per week less than he was offered to play in the EPL.  what a stooge.

Yes, the bloke who has scored 21 goals and has 9 assists from 61 matches in the A-league, has 28 caps for the Socceroos and has won an Asian Cup is a hack.

2 hours ago, Shahanga said:

He is when you can play like @nah brah

:tooth::tooth:

we wont win the league with troisi

he will want more money than fornaroli and ninkovic.

is he worth more than fornaroli? is he worth more than ninkovic? is he as good as fornaroli? is he as good as ninkovic?.

200.gif

Edited by nah brah
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, RedAndWhitePride said:

For those who haven't seen it, Troisi clicked 'like' on a vid that Cahill put up of his cracking goal v Victory at Etihad last season. 

You really want to read something into that? These two guys are so far up themselves that liking each other, whether for real or on-line, is par for the course.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

You really want to read something into that? These two guys are so far up themselves that liking each other, whether for real or on-line, is par for the course.

Come on mate, I understand that they are close to each other, but let's be honest, if he was staying at MV would he like that post? 

40 minutes ago, RedAndWhitePride said:

Come on mate, I understand that they are close to each other, but let's be honest, if he was staying at MV would he like that post? 

How long ago did he like it? They are socceroos teammates aswell. I just put it down to it being a ripping goal that went viral around the world and he liked it.

2 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Give us a figure then

you dont have to look far.  it even made it to sbs. 

However sources in the UK claim that Hughton pulled out after Troisi sought more than double the $12,000-a-week offer made to his management

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/06/16/troisi-still-looking-club-brighton-talks-flounder

we offered him $11500 a week or there abouts.

so $12k to make an EPL squad or $11.5 as a marquee in the AL.  someone else has pointed out that this would make him one of if not the lowest paid starter in the EPL - if he got on the park..

Edited by nah brah

Currently the team seems to look like this 

Melbcity23July.JPG.b8fb680b0be70278c5539600c53f425d.JPG

BENCH: Bouzanis, Cahill, Kamau, Tongyik, Brattan

RES: Youth GK, Malik, Muscat, Genreau, Pierias, Roberts

Additional Points:

• Assuming Troisi has signed as our 2nd marquee (but who knows with this guy)
  • Assuming Brattan has signed
  • Unfortunately I think that La Rocca and Tonyik will fight to be the 2nd starting CB, we will not get another VISA CB.
  • As RB is now our most vacant position I believe our last VISA will be signed for this position. (I would like Pierias given a chance)
  • Brattan and Caceras to fight for a starting spot
  • Kamau and Fitzy to fight for a starting spot
Edited by haz

1 hour ago, haz said:

Additional Points:

• Unfortunately I think that La Rocca and Tonyik will fight to be the 2nd starting CB, we will not get another VISA CB.
  • As RB is now our most vacant position I believe our last VISA will be signed for this position. (I would like Pierias given a chance)

Highly probable. 

I also think that at some point Cahill and Fornaroli will start and probably be used for a series of games. Without knowing anything I reackon Wazza will be tempted in trying to find a way to play both. 

Cahill still has a lot to offer and over time he has won me over. Just watch his last game he played for the Socceroos. We would be crazy to just used him as solely an off the bench change up. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Andrew Edmonds said:

Crowley to be announced on a senior contract, expected tomorrow.

@Dylan

20 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Highly probable. 

I also think that at some point Cahill and Fornaroli will start and probably be used for a series of games. Without knowing anything I reackon Wazza will be tempted in trying to find a way to play both. 

Cahill still has a lot to offer and over time he has won me over. Just watch his last game he played for the Socceroos. We would be crazy to just used him as solely an off the bench change up. 

I agree Cahill has offered alot and won us our first trophy. I'm not sure if he can last 90 minutes with effective output but I also don't want him on the pitch if hes in shit form (same with any player)

20 minutes ago, Andrew Edmonds said:

Crowley to be announced on a senior contract, expected tomorrow.

One of the Scholarship players has to be has to be, because at the moment we have seven.

34 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Highly probable. 

Cahill certainly costs too much of the cap to be sitting on the bench. I'd go further and say that it doesn't make sense to also have a loan player from Manchester City (Brattan) sitting there with him. As I see it, if we sign Troisi the balance of the squad is wrong - a fragile defence and overloaded up front.

Going to be interesting.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, haz said:

Additional Points:

You forgot Arzani

2 minutes ago, Tomi said:

You forgot Arzani

Also the two other youth signing reserves Metcalfe and Najjarine. 

Best thing about everyone's squad is we have two visa spots left and its already looking very solid. Personally, I would use a Visa on a RWB who can also play in midfield as well. I honestly think we dont need another CB as I think LaRocca will prove to be a schreud signing

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Are we convinced that we have enough cap space to sign two more good visa players? As well as Brattan?

I don't think so actually, when we spoke to Joyce at the function he gave me the impression that if we hadn't lost Franjic's wages then we wouldn't have had a lot of room to move.. I think we'll bring in one more VISA player (a centre-half), sign Troisi, keep Brattan and that'll just about be all for us.

If we make those moves I don't actually care if we leave a VISA spot free to be honest, we'd have a very strong team under what's hopefully the most capable manager we've ever had, also gives us the ability to make some changes in January if we feel like it's necessary.

I'll believe the Troisi hype when he arrives

not entirely sold on him, if he comes here it will be one year , then he will be off chasing his next paycheck,

Is he the real # 10 we want ?

happy to be proved wrong, if he does sign and performs

Edited by japiedog
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Are we convinced that we have enough cap space to sign two more good visa players? As well as Brattan?

I'm not convinced at all, but that's me the pessimist! I stand by my opinion that we let Franjic etc go to free up cap space to accommodate others and plug some holes with youth players.

8 minutes ago, japiedog said:

I'll believe the Troisi hype when he arrives

not entirely sold on him, if he comes here it will be one year , then he will be off chasing is next paycheck,

is he the real # 10 we want

happy to be proved wrong, if he does sign and performs

The way I see it, we've punted and missed on a couple of high risk high reward marquee types in Koren and Colazo (and to a degree Engelaar, seeing as he barely played), Troisi is a little less sexy than getting in a foreigner who could potentially tear the league to shreds but he's a much safer bet. We know what level he can perform at in this league, he was in the team of the season last year and was a real catalyst for the Victory's improved performances as the season went on.

If he's off in a year but we win the league would it really matter?

Edited by Embee
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Very good question. 

I think we are guaranteed 1 quality Visa. Whether Brattan signs or extends his loan is very puzzling you'd think it would have been done earlier. 

My theory is and it is just a theory that we are waiting on the latest cap announcement.  The clubs recently rejected the 3.55 million and want 4 million as a minimum. So maybe that extra space will be used on Brattan plus the last visa.

I'll be a bit dissapointed if we start the season without using all our visa places but not overly.

I have faith in what's been done so far and really look forward to this season. 

Edited by Jovan
Not sure I'll feel the same at Christmas
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

At a guess I reckon we'd have Franjic's wage and maybe 50-100k left after signing Brattan. Assuming we sign Troisi as marquee, I reckon with that we'll go for a VISA CB and the final visa will be a minimum wage signing, if we sign one at all, and will be more speculative than anything else. Ideally a RB fits the bill, but it wouldnt bother me if it was a winger either.  I know Manny and Pierias aren't world beaters or sexy options, but i think they could definitely do a job if we end up being as strong as I think we are. I almost certainly think we'll only take a minimum squad into the season, and use our scholarships as our injury cover if need be.

Galekovic

Bouzanis

Muscat           Jakobsen         Visa CB         Jamieson

Pierias             La Rocca         Tongyik         Metcalfe

Kilkenny           Brattan

Genreau           Malik

Troisi

Caceres

Fitzgerald              Fornaroli           Brandan

Kamau                      Cahill                Arzani

Roberts, Delianov (GK), 5th Visa, Crowley

• jw1739 pinned this topic