jw1739

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

9,238 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, bt50 said:

Only under the cap, and even then probably a no if we are getting troisi. I'd like to think our 10 will be our marquee, Troisi or otherwise, so probably not worth what it will cost us for him.

Useless i think.

Knowing Warren Joyce's mentality i don't think he'd ever bring in a player like Vidosic.

7 hours ago, nah brah said:

Cant really see troisi on the wing permanently. particularly on the right as a left footer. Alternately if we sign troisi as our central creative midfielder we are giving up our title aspirations.  He is not good enough to take a team through an entire season, let alone through the season and win anything.

also tongyik is overated and good is worse than herd or williams when it come to injuries.  I would consider good and troisi as massive signing fails. does troisi stack up against ninkovic?  no fkn way.  

All I know is that unless we get in at least three decent defenders we won't win anything. Once more, the defence - or lack of it - is looming as a critical weakness.

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

All I know is that unless we get in at least three decent defenders we won't win anything. Once more, the defence - or lack of it - is looming as a critical weakness.

We def need a first choice CB and a first choice LB, after that we are pretty well covered with Tongyik (CB), Muscat (CB/FB), Pieras (FB) and if push really came to shove we have Malik, although id prefer him to be viewed solely as a back up DM. Obv another CB would be nice as cover, but tbf your 4th choice CB should only really be required once or twice per season.

I'm quite confident we'll nail a visa CB with one of our remaining visa spots so if we can take Jamieson then we are sitting quite nicely imo.

Edited by bt50

It surprises me how assuredly everyones talking about us getting Troisi. There hasn't really been anything super concrete that i've seen, more murmurings rather.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, neio said:

Galekovic

Franjic.       Visa.           Jakobsen.      Jamieson 

Kilkenny.       Visa

Troisi 

Kamau/Fitz.           Fornaroli.             Brandan

That looks bloody good

Of course it does. So do a lot of teams that include four starting players who haven't been signed yet and may never be.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, IssySG said:

It surprises me how assuredly everyones talking about us getting Troisi. There hasn't really been anything super concrete that i've seen, more murmurings rather.

Personally dont think this will happen and maybe the rumours are there because we somehow get linked to everyone, also could be his manager trying drum up some more money.

4 hours ago, IssySG said:

it' doing my head in.. we will not be a contender with troisi as our first choice CAM.

on another note - milligan is looking for a club..  he would be worth marquee money - but then we would have 4 8's on the books.  we would need to dump kilkenny and/or brattan and we would still need a first class CAM.  i reckon they will be looking at another big signing under the cahill rule.

why isnt anyone talking about that?  cahill is now under the cap.  we can get one regular marquee and one cahill rule marquee in now.  who is around that fits the bill for that??

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, nah brah said:

it' doing my head in.. we will not be a contender with troisi as our first choice CAM.

on another note - milligan is looking for a club..  he would be worth marquee money - but then we would have 4 8's on the books.  we would need to dump kilkenny and/or brattan and we would still need a first class CAM.  i reckon they will be looking at another big signing under the cahill rule.

why isnt anyone talking about that?  cahill is now under the cap.  we can get one regular marquee and one cahill rule marquee in now.  who is around that fits the bill for that??

Because to everyone's knowledge, that rule doesnt exist for this season at this point in time.

14 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Because to everyone's knowledge, that rule doesnt exist for this season at this point in time.

Correct. The "Cahill Rule" for a Full Season Guest Marquee was for Season 2016/17 only

8 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Correct. The "Cahill Rule" for a Full Season Guest Marquee was for Season 2016/17 only

Nevertheless the existing 14 game stint appears to still exist, although logic would say we are far more likely to use that in January when players are looking for a mid-season move and squad needs are able to be addressed via injury etc

10 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Are we sure 100% though cause that  is piss poor from the FFA.

Amazing how the FFA accomidated us with this rule, but did absolutely everything to stop Lampard from coming to us.

11 hours ago, bt50 said:

Nevertheless the existing 14 game stint appears to still exist, although logic would say we are far more likely to use that in January when players are looking for a mid-season move and squad needs are able to be addressed via injury etc

Yes, the "standard" 14-match guest player rule still exists.

1 hour ago, [LIBBA] said:

Are we sure 100% though cause that  is piss poor from the FFA.

Amazing how the FFA accomidated us with this rule, but did absolutely everything to stop Lampard from coming to us.

That's not correct. We accommodated FFA, not the other way round. They had to create the "Cahill Rule" to get TC back to the A-League. We had already committed to Fornaroli and Colazo as our marquees, and we were the only club willing to fork out the (bulk of the) money Cahill wanted.

Posted (edited)

FFA should be more flexible and just  have 3 Marquees even if the 3rd one is just for Australian/Asian Players. 

Edited by DFG_82
2 people like this

25 minutes ago, DFG_82 said:

FFA should be more flexible and just  have 3 Marquees even if the 3rd one is just for Australian/Asian Players. 

The FFA should do a lot more in general, but at the moment they are just more worried about their own board jobs with the FIFA looking into sweeping the house clean and reform properly.

28 minutes ago, DFG_82 said:

THIS! 3rd as an Asian confed player would be good. Good for marketing also... means guys like Timmy can come home without having to make up rules just for them... Would greatly improve the league as well as marketability. If we pick up a Sth Korean marquee, and the tards pcik up a Chinese marquee, and WSW a Jap... and so on, the league's popularity in Asia will start to grow. 

Sadly, I fear we'll get jack while the current shit for brains are in charge of the FFA

Jake Brimmer being thrown around as a potential signing...very surprising. He's just finished his Liverpool contract but I remember reading a few months ago that he was looking for European opportunities, which makes sense. He seemed pretty adamant on staying in Europe so unless he has no offers it's doubtful.

Jamieson would be a decent get. We need some natural fullbacks with pace, and he fits the bill perfectly. 

15 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Jake Brimmer being thrown around as a potential signing...very surprising. He's just finished his Liverpool contract but I remember reading a few months ago that he was looking for European opportunities, which makes sense. He seemed pretty adamant on staying in Europe so unless he has no offers it's doubtful.

Jamieson would be a decent get. We need some natural fullbacks with pace, and he fits the bill perfectly. 

I saw those Brimmer articles too. The twitter account @adamosaussies said he'd heard strong rumours he was about to sign in Melbourne  this week, but didnt know which club. Things can obv change depending on where you get a contract i guess, as well as the cash and being in the Australian eye in a World Cup year.

Left back is crucial so I hope we go hard for Jamieson

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Dude sharing your own tweet doesn't make it any more credible

Fuck. Well played. How did you know it was me?

4 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Dude sharing your own tweet doesn't make it any more credible

Probably has more credibility than SBS. 

1 person likes this

36 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Fuck. Well played. How did you know it was me?

The double handed backhand was a dead giveaway.

1 person likes this

One positive from this is that all you lads now have my twitter, so follow me if you want:)

Ergys Kaçe  ????

as if we need another defensive midfielder

3 minutes ago, japiedog said:

Ergys Kaçe  ????

as if we need another defensive midfielder

Who are our other defensive midfielders? Brattan doesn't defend and hasn't been signed.

And we do need to bolster and harden up defensively.

2 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Who are our other defensive midfielders? Brattan doesn't defend and hasn't been signed.

Our last Ian Ramsay player of the year medal winner 

1 minute ago, Dylan said:

Our last Ian Ramsay player of the year medal winner 

Yeah that's only one player, who else?

7 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Yeah that's only one player, who else?

Malik genreau

Posted (edited)

19 hours ago, Chris p said:

Wait, what's the deal with Brandan ?

Few People saying he will be ready for start of the season based on something that was on his Instagram apparently.  I thought ACLs usually take 12 months to recover.

Edited by DFG_82

33 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Malik genreau

I thought Genreau was an AM? And he's only just turned 18 anyway. And I rate Malik as just about the weakest link in our entire squad. Kilkenny is our only quality DM.

24 minutes ago, DFG_82 said:

Few People saying he will be ready for start of the season based on something that was on his Instagram apparently.  I thought ACLs usually take 12 months to recover.

The club has never disclosed just how serious the injury was or the nature of the surgery that he had. It may not have been a full rupture.

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I thought Genreau was an AM? And he's only just turned 18 anyway. And I rate Malik as just about the weakest link in our entire squad. Kilkenny is our only quality DM.

The club has never disclosed just how serious the injury was or the nature of the surgery that he had. It may not have been a full rupture.

Fair Enough, SMH Article said hes likely to spend 12 months on the sidelines and return in latter part of 17/18 season while A league article says the severity of his injury is unknown.  Just hope he isn't rushed backed too early and re-injuries it.

8 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Spot on JW, that's what I was hinting at.

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

ok

Kilkenny

Brattan if some form of previous self, when at Brisbane was the best # 6 in the A league

Malik ( Backup)

Tongyik , IMO this is where he should play

CB is where we need the quality Visa, plus a real # 10

6 minutes ago, japiedog said:

ok

Kilkenny

Brattan if some form of previous self, when at Brisbane was the best # 6 in the A league

Malik ( Backup)

Tongyik , IMO this is where he should play

CB is where we need the quality Visa, plus a real # 10

But if true we get our own Albanian, let me think of some gypsy chants we can sing for him.

1 person likes this

Would lol if Troisi came over here and wassnt on marquee wages

3 hours ago, Dylan said:

can u imagine the sheer butt hurt

3 hours ago, Dylan said:

he would never do that.  he will follow the money.

A mate tells me that City have two kids from the AIS signed. Probably because AIS is closing down. 

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, nah brah said:

he would never do that.  he will follow the money.

That's the whole reason of why the lols would be so huge.