Melbourne Football
jw1739

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

GreenSeater    2,690

Ruined his career by leaving the Netherlands for the Premier League after he had a good world cup in 2014. Just another example of the wold cup hype being too much for a player to live up to.

Edited by GreenSeater

Jovan    2,962
9 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Ruined his career by leaving the Netherlands for the Premier League after he had a good world cup in 2010. Just another example of the wold cup hype being too much for a player to live up to.

2014 WC.

haz    1,993

Roar release McLaren, Borello, Broich Manuel Arana, Cameron Crestani, Joey Katebian and Nathan Konstandopoulos.

Any takers? I know that Borello and McLaren are looking at going to Germany.

Hellenic Hero    194
5 minutes ago, haz said:

Roar release McLaren, Borello, Broich Manuel Arana, Cameron Crestani, Joey Katebian and Nathan Konstandopoulos.

Any takers? I know that Borello and McLaren are looking at going to Germany.

Thoughts on the last three? Don't know who they are, anyone know their abilities?

Edited by Hellenic Hero

1 hour ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Thoughts on the last three? Don't know who they are, anyone know their abilities?

For the sake of my podcast and seeing me bomb those names every week, it's a no from me

• Like 2

haz    1,993
5 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

For the sake of my podcast and seeing me bomb those names every week, it's a no from me

KonsTANDOpulopolupolipupulopoloupis.

strider    2,394

have it on good authority we are getting a Visa winger/front third bloke. Not sure if marquee but deffs FOB and immigrant as

Dylan    4,126
19 minutes ago, strider said:

have it on good authority we are getting a Visa winger/front third bloke. Not sure if marquee but deffs FOB and immigrant as

added to bullshit watch list

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1

NewConvert    705
10 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

Ruined his career by leaving the Netherlands for the Premier League after he had a good world cup in 2014. Just another example of the wold cup hype being too much for a player to live up to.

Dutch friend of mine went to the Heracles, the club Davidson was playing for at the time, fan forum at the time to see what they were saying. Their response hat he was a waste but they could not believe the performance that he was pulling during the WC. Once he went back to club football he reverted to form.

As to whether City should chase him? Not sure, he is not that good but I can't think of too many Aussie LBs that are any good.

Jimmy    3,161
4 hours ago, Dylan said:

added to bullshit watch list

Pretty vague "inside info".

n i k o    4,817
29 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Agree with this. Generally need some sort of name to go with the bullshit being spun to warrant a mention in this thread. 

Dylan    4,126
7 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Agree with this. Generally need some sort of name to go with the bullshit being spun to warrant a mention in this thread. 

On reflection agree with you both. Off it goes

bt50    3,246
51 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Agree. 

In other news I have it from a good inside source that we will be signing at least one player before September.

• Like 2

PORCHO    22
22 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Martinez is two seasons into a four-year contract with Olympiacos. Allegedly he was on $563,000 at WSW, with WSW paying about $266,000 and Olympiacos the rest. That seems to me to breach the Lampard Rule.

If we're interested no doubt CFG's accountants will be busy.

"A few more players being released" - that's the bit of the SST rumour that intrigues me. Wouldn't be surprised if Bouzanis, Franjic, Muscat and Malik are on that list. Bouzanis for his "gypsy" comment, and the others for underwhelming performances. That's just speculation by me. We'll know in a couple of weeks when contracts formally expire.

I'd be suprised about Bouzanis, I think he'll stay as our second keeper. I'd be very surprised about Franjic, he might not have been our best player buy extremely far from the worst... I'd say Muscat, Malik and Retre are on the "should we get rid of them" list.

Jason Davidson? Not really a fan... but if he comes cheap and he's Aussie... better have an Aussie and use the Visa spot somewhere else. 

We definitely need a #10, I personally wouldn't be getting rid of Kilkenny. Kilkenny, BRattan and a top #10 would make a well rounded midfield. 

Def need a starting #10, LW, LB, GK and a CB... the other spots are bench players. Wouldn't mind using the kids for those spots... As much as I like Tongyik, he's still quite Raw. Add another experienced CB to help teach him as well as continued decent game time, and proper coaching and he'll continue to grow. I do seriously think he's got the potential to do really well both here and eventually OS and in the socceroos. Just needs to be developed right...

jw1739    6,975
20 minutes ago, Dylan said:

On reflection agree with you both. Off it goes

Disagree. It's semi-specific in that is says "visa", "front third", and "FOB" which I take to be "free on board" (i.e. free transfer). You only get a name out out of CFG if the player comes via Manchester or the player/WAG breaks it on antisocial media.

rass    966
48 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Agree. 

In other news I have it from a good inside source that we will be signing at least one player before September.

I've heard too that we may be getting a new coach....

• Like 1

PORCHO    22
7 minutes ago, rass said:

I've heard too that we may be getting a new coach....

I heard we'd also get a new kit... something about changing to a pale blue of some sort...

• Like 1

malloy    3,113
53 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Disagree. It's semi-specific in that is says "visa", "front third", and "FOB" which I take to be "free on board" (i.e. free transfer). You only get a name out out of CFG if the player comes via Manchester or the player/WAG breaks it on antisocial media.

I took FOB to mean fresh off the boat.

Fwiw I reckon all claims dhould go into the BS thread if they don't come into fruition well you get called out.

If it does, but its just a vague rumour well then you get nothing.

• Like 2

Dylan    4,126

Who knew bullshit watching had such intricate methods and details to it

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 2

bt50    3,246
20 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Who knew bullshit watching had such intricate methods

Green line.

• Like 4

PORCHO    22
10 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Should go after that Greek bloke who looks like a crim from Brisbane

haha. He'd be a good option for defence... Aussie, experienced, handy enough. and provides some cover so we can work Tongyik in slowly. Still need one more CB because I'd be sending Muscat on his way and Malik can stay but as a backup CDM not CB

Jovan    2,962
11 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Should go after that Greek bloke who looks like a crim from Brisbane

Didn't we already try?

Jovan    2,962
12 minutes ago, PORCHO said:

you guys do mean Avraam Papadopoulos yeah? He's out of contract.

Yes. 

And apparently I recall we had interest in him after Chapman moved but the deal couldn't get done. As was reported.

PORCHO    22
8 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Yes. 

And apparently I recall we had interest in him after Chapman moved but the deal couldn't get done. As was reported.

ok, I hadn't heard of that.

He's available now. And from Melbourne. He'd be a perfect fit. Only issue I can see if the tards going for him. They're in the market for an Aussie defender... 

belaguttman    3,755
1 hour ago, PORCHO said:

ok, I hadn't heard of that.

He's available now. And from Melbourne. He'd be a perfect fit. Only issue I can see if the tards going for him. They're in the market for an Aussie defender... 

He certainly looked handy

kingofhearts    3,270
7 minutes ago, Afif Adam said:

Having to watch the shit cunt constantly under perform for Australia is enough. no thanks

• Like 6

Jovan    2,962
24 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Having to watch the shit cunt constantly under perform for Australia is enough. no thanks

Agree totally. 

Simo    24

I'll take them tell me who do you have better no one and clearly if he has played in Germany than must be something there... hasn't played constantly for a season but if has full pre season I reckon will turn it on

GreenSeater    2,690
3 hours ago, Afif Adam said:

On 03/05/2017 at 9:00 PM, GreenSeater said:

Would 100% take him purely so that he could be found out as the terrible player he is in the A League and finally get dropped from the national team tbh

I stand by what I said a few pages ago about Kruse.