Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

Question: Do we offer Rose a year extension?

If not which Australians could we get? (I know some of these are under contract)

-Elrich

-Wilkshire (can he play lb?)

-Peraris (convert to LB?)

-Corey Brown

-James Meredith

-A NPL player

There's not many options, I'd rather not use a visa in that position.

Edited by haz

9 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

I never joined the "Rose hate club", but the guy isn't getting any younger. An extension would be a concern I reckon.

James Meredith would be a fantastic signing (why Ange ditched him I have no idea). Surely he's sick of living in Bradford.

http://mobile.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/article/meredith-signs-new-contract-2366846.aspx#c6tEeDMYltFhQl03.99

His contract is up at the end of this season. With another Visa CB and solid keeper, that's a decent defence on paper.

18 minutes ago, bt50 said:

I'd resign him as a squaddie, just like this year but at the end of the day will trust the club either way.

Meredith would be a good get imo, but probably a decent wage gap between Rose and him.

Meredith is playing regularly for Bradford City. They're 4th in League 1 and in the mix for the promotion play-offs. On transfermarket he's actually valued at less than Josh Rose (which I don't understand), but maybe the difference in wage demand might not be much after all. Rose likes to get forward and link with his winger, and we saw that last night to perfection, but I have no knowledge of Meredith whatsoever.

2 hours ago, Dylan said:

I don't think Rose will extend. His family is still on the central coast

Can't see why he wouldn't. He signed for us this year, knowing that this would be the scenario re his family. He clearly isn't on huge wages, so he isn't here for money unless he is desperate financially and has nothing lined up post career. 

The reasons i imagine he is playing for us in order are:

-One of those players whose whole life revolves around their chosen sport and will only retire when they are made to.

-Is searching for another title to put to his name before he retires and see's us as his best chance to do it

-Wanted to prove to CCM that he is still good enough for this level

-Has nothing lined up post football and/or is struggling financially enough to need the modest A-League salary he would be getting

I would have said he was lining up a move into coaching with us but if so he would have moved his family already. 

Based on the above probable motivations i would imagine that if we offer him a contract he would take it. 

1 hour ago, NewConvert said:

What is Behich doing these days? Is he getting regular game time? Is he getting home sick?

In the Socceroo squad. Has played 20 odd games this season and similar numbers the last 2 years.

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Meredith is playing regularly for Bradford City. They're 4th in League 1 and in the mix for the promotion play-offs...... I have no knowledge of Meredith whatsoever.

The only game I've seen him play was for the Socceroos. Bombed forward with class, got back to defend. Very impressive I thought. Fox agreed, gave him MoM. Ange didn't, never picked him again.

Podolski going to Japan, doesn't seem he's on mega wages either.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2870539/lukas-podolski-quits-galatasaray-to-make-shock-move-to-japanese-j-league-side-vissel-kobe/

Would love to of had him sitting behind Fornaroli, here's a little taste of what he can still do....

Edited by haz
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, haz said:

Hes joining a Japanese club, pretty sure it's confirmed but I havnt seen anything 'official'

You mean Colazo is joining a Japanese club? I thought he had some sort of pre-contract agreement with another Argentinian club?

11 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Podolski is the sort of marquee we need to look at. Of course he's contracted to Vissel Kobe now, but I definitely think we need someone of his Calibre to be our marquee next season.

What's Honda up to these days?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, haz said:

Players off contract end of this season

http://www.transfermarkt.com/statistik/endendevertraege

Makes you realise the quality of football we could be watching every week and how the A-League could grow. Meanwhile Lowy and Gallop are busy trying to restrict change to the absolute minimum, seemingly blissfully unaware about the bigger picture around them.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jovan said:

On the bench (if lucky) in Milan.

Definitely ripe for the picking. Would just come down to $. 

Do it CFG even if we don't make it to Asia!

Yaya Toure and Honda please (CFG can work out a loophole to get this done)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Wouldnt be surprised to see for next season:

Increased salary cap

VISA spots are exempt

Transfer fees between clubs.

We have an even better playing list and still remain shit. 

Fixed.

2 minutes ago, Dylan said:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

Fixed.

Well new manager whom you would expect would have free reign to make changes. I think people were expecting too much change under Valkanis, he is very inexperienced so its completely reasonable to assume he will keep things the same as JVS and therefore friday's game was entirely predictable. In saying that, would not be surprised at all if we beat Sydney next week. Would be a typical city/heart thing to do

• Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic