Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

3 hours ago, Zanty said:

Based on which Aussie GKs are coming out of contract, the only other one that would interest me would be Macklin Freke at Brisbane, apart from him I would rather keep Young or try and convince Langerak to come back to the ALM somehow.

Why sign Beach if you're just going to recycle?

I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be going with the 2 untried and zero game kids. So that leaves us with the options of A) Keep Jamie Young B ) sign another presumably number 1 keeper or C) do what Wellington did and sign a capable keeper and put them behind Beach and if Beach isn't quite ready we have good back-up.

Option A and C could be the same thing if we can agree with Young to take a backseat. 

Either way the decision needs to be made on Beach and his readiness to start, if they think round 1 next season he will number 1 then back him in but also give him the support and help he will inevitably need. 

3 hours ago, neio said:

I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be going with the 2 untried and zero game kids. So that leaves us with the options of A) Keep Jamie Young B ) sign another presumably number 1 keeper or C) do what Wellington did and sign a capable keeper and put them behind Beach and if Beach isn't quite ready we have good back-up.

Option A and C could be the same thing if we can agree with Young to take a backseat. 

Either way the decision needs to be made on Beach and his readiness to start, if they think round 1 next season he will number 1 then back him in but also give him the support and help he will inevitably need. 

Does city still have GK coach? If Young is willing to be the back up option, then sign him for a year or two at reduced wages. Then bring in Beach and Nieuwhenhuizen both knowing that they will get minimum amount of minutes and we'll see who works out better.

7 hours ago, NewConvert said:

Does city still have GK coach? If Young is willing to be the back up option, then sign him for a year or two at reduced wages. Then bring in Beach and Nieuwhenhuizen both knowing that they will get minimum amount of minutes and we'll see who works out better.

Last we heard...we do. https://melbournecityfc.com.au/news/20240112-coaching-update/ 

Sander Krabbendam from Ajax, Netherlands. Probably via JvS who is the current Ajax Manager/Coach.

Speaks native Flemish, and Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, English and Italian with various degrees of proficiency.

Edited by jw1739