Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

17 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Nabbout is a better player than both when fit. Keep him away from one of our major sponsors and he'd be a great get.

Going from one fast food to another; he can't get away. It's funny how it's the unhealthy chains sponsoring sporting teams...why aren't Weight Watchers and Fitness First sponsors? 😅

8 minutes ago, Red or Dead said:

Going from one fast food to another; he can't get away. It's funny how it's the unhealthy chains sponsoring sporting teams...why aren't Weight Watchers and Fitness First sponsors? 😅

Unhealthy foods, encouraging people to buy on credit.... Sportswashing.  That's why repressive regimes purchase football clubs in the first place.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Frenchy, Atkinson and Griffiths all resigned.

Happy with two of them! But please tell me Berenguer is under the cap and on a performance based contract. Then again should we happy with his standard given the current climate.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr MO said:

Happy with two of them! But please tell me Berenguer is under the cap and on a performance based contract. Then again should we happy with his standard given the current climate.

Couldn't agree more!! 

Is Wales confirmed gone to Western United or is he going to be another Atkinson?? I certainly hope not!!

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

Atkinson and Griffiths for 2 more seasons and Berenguer 1 more season.

I am very pleased to see our club being active and signing playing/recruiting players compared to other clubs.

I just knew that we'd announce something today. Every time I post an updated squad on the Forum...within 24 hours the club announces something and I have to make a further change.

Anyway, great news about all three and especially about Atkinson.

Edited by jw1739
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

signing incoming 

IIRC the club at one stage denied ever reading our Forum. But that's where Thursday 10.a.m comes from.

Goodness me. Playing in R&W twice in a season as well. Don't tell me City are actually listening to their fans?

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

Javier Cabrera listed as coming to city on transfermarket 👀

3BD8C986-B733-44D2-9240-95CA4D645D2B.jpeg

It might be an automatic allocation from the website placing a player back at the original club when the loan is up?

What was the story with him again? 2 year contact with us right but left as he couldn’t settle?

22 minutes ago, neio said:

If it is a player announcement it's a pretty big one. We have announced oneill, gomulka, tillio and Sutton by the usual social media. I hope it's a visa player, but more than likely nabbout 

But it might be just the media statement being released 10am.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

It might be an automatic allocation from the website placing a player back at the original club when the loan is up?

What was the story with him again? 2 year contact with us right but left as he couldn’t settle?

He had a 2 year deal but left homesickness so don’t know why he would come back. We terminated his contract 

5 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I still think Nabbout. Susaeta is a free agent as well as Novillo 

Will Nabbout complement our style though? I see him more of a central type of forward and we already have Maclaren.

I know victory played him out wide last season quite often, but whenever i saw him, it seemed to me he would naturally gravitate more centrally and not stay as wide as he probably should have.

Just my thoughts...

7 hours ago, rass said:

Will Nabbout complement our style though? I see him more of a central type of forward and we already have Maclaren.

I know victory played him out wide last season quite often, but whenever i saw him, it seemed to me he would naturally gravitate more centrally and not stay as wide as he probably should have.

Just my thoughts...

Ive always viewed him as a winger that can play centrally.

Imo a player of his calibre, a quick powerful player that can cross and shoot is the perfect A League winger. Hes such a goal scoring threat that the defence have to put time into him and consequently the striker gets that bit more time and space. Also gives a heap more space to the other winger.

Id argue we have only ever had one winger like that ever, being Novillo. Leroy George is arguably one of the best the league has seen on the wing and was also similar.

The other terrific thing about him, as you say is that he can play central. Thats almost the perfect insurance policy if Jmac is injured or in international duty.

Most important thing for Nabbout is to get fit again imo but might be a bit easier to be and stay motivated at a contending club than one loitering at the foot of the table

• Like 3

11 hours ago, CityBoyz said:

They won’t be getting the players that there following on Instagram. No chance 

In a normal season I could possibly see it, but in this covid no one knows happening I really can't, especially Mirallas

11 hours ago, CityBoyz said:

They won’t be getting the players that there following on Instagram. No chance 

In a normal season I could possibly see it, but in this covid no one knows happening I really can't, especially Mirallas

7 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

One thing about Nabbout is that he is a more lively player than Noone. On paper you would think Craig has the edge but seeing them both play I can see a fit Nabbout contribute more in more like Sterling role.

No point comparing him to Wales 

I think Noone was probably more of a crosser and assister whereas Nabbout is an out and out goal scoring winger. Tends to have more impact in this league, perhaps due to the finishing ability.

12 minutes ago, bt50 said:

I think Noone was probably more of a crosser and assister whereas Nabbout is an out and out goal scoring winger. Tends to have more impact in this league, perhaps due to the finishing ability.

Agreed, dynamic players always get noticed in this league. Last season Andrew was notorious for missing the most easy chances, with the occasional worldie. He needs fitness and confidence back.

Edited by Mr MO

• jw1739 pinned this topic