Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

Tbh i can only see us signing a periphery player now as i doubt we'll be letting anyone go.
I understand why some people dont like Jamo but imo he's still a just above average full back in this league, and thats more than enough to win the league with if youve got quality over the rest of the pitch. God the Roarcelona side had bloody Shane Steffanuto as its LB. Long story short : you wont get a better player for less money.

• Like 3

Connor O'Toole got released by Brisbane. He is the sort of player we be looking at, can play LB and RB if needed. We don't need a starting 11 player, we need a back up who can play across a couple of positions to give us a little more flexibility 

Edited by neio
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Tbh i can only see us signing a periphery player now as i doubt we'll be letting anyone go.
I understand why some people dont like Jamo but imo he's still a just above average full back in this league, and thats more than enough to win the league with if youve got quality over the rest of the pitch. God the Roarcelona side had bloody Shane Steffanuto as its LB. Long story short : you wont get a better player for less money.

I don’t think Jamo is cheap, you don’t think we can get better player on his wage? It’s all hypothetical as he isn’t going anywhere.

Idk honestly. Even when I went to the pre season games against Bentleigh Greens, Jamo was getting beaten then. He is worse then what Zullo and Garuccio were in my opinion.

I also don't think Jamo should be Captain as 

1- a captain shows he can change the game and Jamo doesn't show that most of the time.

2- a captain is a leader and every time he stuffs up, he blames the other players, also he has something against Noone as he never passed to him. As a leader, u need to drop all that vendetta u have towards a player because it's a team game

Edited by xXCiTyZeNXx
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

Idk honestly. Even when I went to the pre season games against Bentleigh Greens, Jamo was getting beaten then. He is worse then what Zullo and Garuccio were in my opinion.

I also don't think Jamo should be Captain as 

1- a captain shows he can change the game and Jamo doesn't show that most of the time.

2- a captain is a leader and every time he stuffs up, he blames the other players, also he has something against Noone as he never passed to him. As a leader, u need to drop all that vendetta u have towards a player because it's a team game

^ this

Michael Petrillo was just on Football Nation Radio and when asked if City would sign any other players and he essentially said "we're not categorically saying yes or no, we're always looking but that doesn't mean we'll necessarily sign anyone, but we are looking". Obviously I'm paraphrasing.

With how the club's social media phrased it today: "The first signing of the January period... (or words to that effect)" I'd put the house on at least one more.

They wouldn't have phrased it that way unless something else was cooking. Susaetta's pedigree sells itself. Pointless to imply he's just one of a number of impending recruits if it weren't the case.

19 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

I’d take Dylan Wenzell Halls as it can be seen with acquisition of McDonald, Fowler doesn’t rate him and he goes further down the pecking order 

Noone, Suaesta, Wales and Najjarine should be enough cover for the wings for rest of season. I don't mind Wenzel-Halls as a player but I think we're fairly well covered in his position 

He should look at getting a loan to Newcastle or even Adelaide 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, neio said:

Noone, Suaesta, Wales and Najjarine should be enough cover for the wings for rest of season. I don't mind Wenzel-Halls as a player but I think we're fairly well covered in his position 

He should look at getting a loan to Newcastle or even Adelaide 

I agree with that but as wales is out of contract I would try and poach him as a plan for the future. DWH has more upside as a player than wales but that’s my opinion. 

So the quad list now has Windy as indefinite time. To me thats a clear indication they are going to move him to long term so they can bring in a replacement without affecting the cap.

For those who dont know how it works. It can be a like for like replacement ie same salary, visa for visa and the only part that effects the cap is the amount over the injured players salary

31 minutes ago, Dylan said:

So the quad list now has Windy as indefinite time. To me thats a clear indication they are going to move him to long term so they can bring in a replacement without affecting the cap.

For those who dont know how it works. It can be a like for like replacement ie same salary, visa for visa and the only part that effects the cap is the amount over the injured players salary

Sooooo Markel going to be playing CB?....

I get a feeling we'll get Windy to agree to a termination of his contract as I can't see Hendry coming here for half a dozen games and then being unable to get another loan back in Scotland once the transfer window shuts, especially as their is no doubt interest in his services from clubs in the UK.

6 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

What a waste of a signing windy has been. Thoroughly dissapointed as if he was healthy I think he would've really helped the team.

Agreed. We could still be in the hunt for top spot (albeit unlikely to get there) if he had been fit and played the entire season to date.

Very interesting,  this kind of mirrors the Aaron Hughes scenario but this time we are actually going to make a change. Both players if fit would have been amazing but bringing in older CBS is a complete lottery.

If this transpires then it clearly shows CFG are doing everything possible to remain in the discussion for a possible challenge come finals time. Furthermore to that it also puts a kybosh to the lazy narrative that they don't care, just using Melbourne as farm/ PR vehicle and other similar lines those that dislike us churn out regularly. 

Very interesting. 🤔🤔🤔

• Like 5

I would have preferred an older CB who could organize the defence, thats the issue with the defence an most likely why we signed Windy.

45 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

What a waste of a signing windy has been. Thoroughly dissapointed as if he was healthy I think he would've really helped the team.

A waste for this season, but next season I think he will be huge. I think this will allow him all the time he needs to get his body right and used to our conditions

• Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic